It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

78 Year old Man Sucker Punched Protestor at Trump Rally

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's simple - if you flip people off you run the risk of someone taking offence to the extent they will punch you. That is the real world. Unfortunately there are people who will react in this way. Not Trump's fault at all. The guy who got hit will hopefully learn a valuable lesson. Don't insult people because you feel aggrieved at being ejected from a venue or slighted somehow. This isn't a defence of the guy who threw the punch - he should be charged with assault.

I totally understand that. Basically we're kinda saying the same thing too which is "Don't Overreact!" But the thing is you're still saying "Hopefully the guy who got hit leaned a lesson." While also admitting that he's being slighted as well. Well, when you're being slighted, just like you say, you react in some way. His reaction I agree isn't polite but it's totally reasonable. He didn't hurt anyone and after all he was slighted if in fact he wasn't protesting. The truth is that the people tossing him out are Overreacting which caused him to flip them off.

What I'm really curious about is why it is that Trump supporters seem to want this violent reaction so much. It's like their waiting for any reason, no matter how small so they can take their anger out on someone. But then justify that overreaction so easily. I mean if it's ok for them to overreact in that way, why is it not ok for someone to overreact by protesting in the first place??? It seems hypocritical to me.

I'm not saying it's directly Trumps fault either. But he does encourage these types of harsh treatments at his rallies. It's become part of the show in fact. Which is why it's also something that has become more and more common and out of hand at his rallies. Like you I'm not saying what the guy did was smart or the best thing to do. But it's easily a reasonable reaction to how they treat him. He was Re-Acting to their Action against him.

The association of this story, which has been repeated over and over, to justify over 1000 protesters intimidating and attacking Trump supporters and closing down free speech is a complete joke. Dishonest.

I'm in no way trying to say anything justifies what happened in Chicago. I support peoples right to Protest not to Riot or get violent. I don't support that from either side. I don't find the Violence at the Rallies in how they handle it and certainly don't find Rioting as acceptable.

Mainly because the problem is people start using it as an excuse like you just said. The Rioters are thinking "well they punched dude in the face so that means we can be violent back." Wrong. But it's also wrong for dude to get punched in the face like that too. I think it should be applied equally on both sides that's all.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wait, now is this the violence that Trump supporters are for or against? So many rallies, so much violence. get's confusing which acts of violence they support and which they don't.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: whyamIhere

oh what?? He was just trying to reboot the whole knockout game thing made popular by black youths across America?

Get outta' here with that "Stupid" (a beloved word used by Trump for the ignorant to understand) crap!!!!!!!!! The racism ends now! Tell Donald, "The Coward" to step outside of that "well known gang of his" to appear in Chicago again talking that "smack em' up and get em outta here crap!"

People are fed up Boss Man! Do you understand that? Some 78 year old angry, deranged, ignorant, stuck in the old days fart, sucker punches a black man and then threatens to maybe have to kill him later! Really? Everyone's suppose to sit back and accept that as freedom of speech? I don't think so. By the way...you better wake the # up...and I mean fast! What the hell do you think this is? Some good ole boys crap? Those days are over "SON", they're gone. In case Donald or his supporters were not aware, it's freaking 2016, not the late 1800's or early to mid 1900's. That mess may fly in the south...but the other 90% of the US ain't having it.

Condone that hate speaking idiot if you want to. Keep punching, pushing and abusing minorities...there's gonna be a problem. Oh, I'm sorry...there's already a problem since Trumps' not speaking against murdering a black man!

Every time Trump steps up to the mic...he's gonna have a problem! That's a promise...because he has incited violence!

PS
It was absolutely hilarious how Trump flinched at the thought of being attacked at his Ohio rally on 03/12/2016! He squirmed like a little pig...LMAO!

That was priceless

ETA
By the way, you're a loser

edit on 3/13/16 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

oh what?? He was just trying to reboot the whole knockout game thing made popular by black youths across America?

Get outta' here with that "Stupid" (a beloved word used by Trump for the ignorant to understand) crap!!!!!!!!! The racism ends now! Tell Donald, "The Coward" to step outside of that "well known gang of his" to appear in Chicago again talking that "smack em' up and get em outta here crap!"

People are fed up Boss Man! Do you understand that? Some 78 year old angry, deranged, ignorant, stuck in the old days fart, sucker punches a black man and then threatens to maybe have to kill him later! Really? Everyone's suppose to sit back and accept that as freedom of speech? I don't think so. By the way...you better wake the # up...and I mean fast! What the hell do you think this is? Some good ole boys crap? Those days are over "SON", they're gone. In case Donald or his supporters were not aware, it's freaking 2016, not the late 1800's or early to mid 1900's. That mess may fly in the south...but the other 90% of the US ain't having it.

Condone that hate speaking idiot if you want to. Keep punching, pushing and abusing minorities...there's gonna be a problem. Oh, I'm sorry...there's already a problem since Trumps' not speaking against murdering a black man!

Every time Trump steps up to the mic...he's gonna have a problem! That's a promise...because he has incited violence!

PS
It was absolutely hilarious how Trump flinched at the thought of being attacked at his Ohio rally on 03/12/2016! He squirmed like a little pig...LMAO!

That was priceless

ETA

Lol, why paint all trump supporters bad because of one old man?

You get this worked up about Muslim terrorists?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Sounds like its time for you to join the 21st century. Your no better then the man in the cow boy hat you like the thought if Trump being scared of being hit. Yet you want to claim its OK for people to threaten him at his rallies because you disagree with him. To me you fall in line with the people you claim to be outraged over. This behavior is inappropriate no matter who you support. And this us going to get far worse before it gets better. We have individuals now that think whatever they believe is so much more important than what others believe that they are resorting to violence it's not funny and its not restricted to trump supporters.

As for your blatant attack on another member here I suggest you grow up if you don't like his opinions fine no need to resort to name calling. As far as racism incidents like this only devides and makes things worse yet you think its funny I truly feel sorry for you. Luckily I feel most people aren't like you contrary to your statement and most don't agree with groups disrupting others and threatening violence of any kind.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

They may not all be as bad as this clearly racist and disgruntled old man. But nobody in that place gave a second thought to what that old man just did. Not even the security that was standing right there when it happened. The old guy sat down like he had done nothing at all wrong, watched the rest of the rally and nobody thought anything of it. Then later after he was finally arrested for it, which we all know only happened because it was on video and there was no way to avoid it, he threatens to kill him next time!!

It's f*cking Bizzaro world insane and that was just one single, relatively minor example of what is happening right now and there are way too many people acting like it's normal. It's not normal and it's not a healthy sign of a society.

Also since you bring up Muslim Terrorists. That was exactly what "Old Man Sucker Punch" said for his reason why he might have to "kill them next time". Because he didn't know if they might be Terrorists!! I mean WTF??? As completely insane as that comment is and taking in to consideration that he is some old cowboy type guy, I actually believe that for him that was an honest comment. That old man, after god knows how many hours of listening to Crazy Right Wing "Fear the Muslims" talk radio probably is that far removed from reality.

Even here on ATS with supposed intelligent adult members of society were comments like, "That's what he deserved and we need more of it." Sometimes I don't even know where to start in trying to understand what must be happening in peoples heads.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's simple - if you flip people off you run the risk of someone taking offence to the extent they will punch you. That is the real world. Unfortunately there are people who will react in this way. Not Trump's fault at all. The guy who got hit will hopefully learn a valuable lesson. Don't insult people because you feel aggrieved at being ejected from a venue or slighted somehow. This isn't a defence of the guy who threw the punch - he should be charged with assault.

I totally understand that. Basically we're kinda saying the same thing too which is "Don't Overreact!" But the thing is you're still saying "Hopefully the guy who got hit leaned a lesson." While also admitting that he's being slighted as well. Well, when you're being slighted, just like you say, you react in some way. His reaction I agree isn't polite but it's totally reasonable. He didn't hurt anyone and after all he was slighted if in fact he wasn't protesting. The truth is that the people tossing him out are Overreacting which caused him to flip them off.

What I'm really curious about is why it is that Trump supporters seem to want this violent reaction so much. It's like their waiting for any reason, no matter how small so they can take their anger out on someone. But then justify that overreaction so easily. I mean if it's ok for them to overreact in that way, why is it not ok for someone to overreact by protesting in the first place??? It seems hypocritical to me.

I'm not saying it's directly Trumps fault either. But he does encourage these types of harsh treatments at his rallies. It's become part of the show in fact. Which is why it's also something that has become more and more common and out of hand at his rallies. Like you I'm not saying what the guy did was smart or the best thing to do. But it's easily a reasonable reaction to how they treat him. He was Re-Acting to their Action against him.

The association of this story, which has been repeated over and over, to justify over 1000 protesters intimidating and attacking Trump supporters and closing down free speech is a complete joke. Dishonest.

I'm in no way trying to say anything justifies what happened in Chicago. I support peoples right to Protest not to Riot or get violent. I don't support that from either side. I don't find the Violence at the Rallies in how they handle it and certainly don't find Rioting as acceptable.

Mainly because the problem is people start using it as an excuse like you just said. The Rioters are thinking "well they punched dude in the face so that means we can be violent back." Wrong. But it's also wrong for dude to get punched in the face like that too. I think it should be applied equally on both sides that's all.

Thank you for the response - it's nice to read a response that is not fuelling division.

Basically what I am saying is that people are individuals - we all react in different ways. If you decide that you want to do something to antagonise people then you do run a very real risk that a person will react emotionally and not fully consider the law. You basically run the risk of getting hurt. You can't then be surprised when you get punched. Yes, it shouldn't happen, but human beings are not robots. We don't analyse things all the time - sometimes reaction is not well thought out.

The way to protest is to do it peacefully and respectfully. This is not a physical war, its a difference in opinion and approach.
Part of what is dividing people all over the world is the perceived hypocrisy. For example trump is being accused of inciting violence by his language. Its seems he is to blame for others actions, but the guy who got punched is apparently not to blame for inciting a response. I don't understand how that works.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

PS

That was priceless

ETA

It's difficult to take your seriously because you come over as angry and confrontational, whilst accusing Trump of doing the same.

As for minorities, all I can say is that no-one should be punched, kicked and abused. I find it concerning that you are so one sided and have not also mentioned the disgusting actions of those that punched, kicked and abused Trump supporters in Chicago.

Right now, the most violence has been committed by those protesting against Trump. In terms of rhetoric, the worst has been coming from those against Trump. I am sure you must have read the calls for his murder, the accusations that he is like Hitler, the mocking of everything from his hands to his hair to degrading images and banners, and tens of millions spent on TV ads demonising the man. You seem to want Trump and his supporters to take it the chin and not react and then also condone the other side for reacting.

Is that right? Are you saying Trump supporters should not say anything that offends others and not react when others offend them, but his opponents can verbally attack, shut down speech and engage in violence and its ok because they were provoked/incited?

By the way should note that leading figures for minority groups all over America have endorsed Trump. Open your eyes and realise that this is not about minorities. You have been sold a lie. It's about power.
edit on 13/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

There is lots of anger out there. Trump should not throw gas on it.

Here is the truth of it...There IS a lot of anger out there...and that needs to be discussed...the why and the what of it.

But the way these Trump supporters are acting is scary...

Hell a CBS Journalist who happens to be of indian descent (though was born here and has never even visited the middle-east) was accused of being with ISIS and filming footage for ISIS....after he was harassed, he was arrested.

Just cuz he looked indian...

So yes...we need to take a hard look at what is going on and why...

But Trump? His only concern is himself and his popularity and the potential power he can convert that into.

He will and has thrown gasoline on the fire, because it works to his advantage...

I encourage his supporters to think hard what they are angry about, and how to effectively express it in a way that has the potential to actually help solve the problem...

But Trump? He honestly does not care about the people at that rally...they are nothing more than a useful tool.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

They may not all be as bad as this clearly racist and disgruntled old man. But nobody in that place gave a second thought to what that old man just did. Not even the security that was standing right there when it happened. The old guy sat down like he had done nothing at all wrong, watched the rest of the rally and nobody thought anything of it. Then later after he was finally arrested for it, which we all know only happened because it was on video and there was no way to avoid it, he threatens to kill him next time!!

That old guy felt empowered to act the way he did by Trump.

Trump actually called out during a rally that if anyone got arrested for roughing up a protestor he would "defend them in court"...to huge cheers.

The issue is not whether every trump supporter acts this way, though there are plenty...the issue is that trump encourages it...and they love him for that....THAT is a scary thing to interject into American Politics and yes, it is reminiscent of strategies Hitler employed to rise to power...exploiting anger, fear and violence..

I do not fear trump...he is an idiot...I do fear the amount of Americans that have responded to his use of lies, hate and anger as central theme to his campaign.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Old school was so much better than this "Utopian World" and it's laws.

Choose to be a trouble maker? Not many will feel sorry for you when you get your ass beat.

Ya..."Old School" used to call "Trouble Makers" .."Uppity"...

Once we decide that using threats, violence and fear to silence political "troublemakers" is OK, everyone loses except those in power. Plenty of places left on the globe where politics still rolls that way if that is your comfort zone.

(post by supremecommander removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No need to fear his supporters. They forget that the 2nd amendment applies only to them.

They can rant and rally all they want but if they want to assault minorities its time to see how well they can handle violence when its returned tenfold.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One thing I've learned from all of this?

People are idiots. On both sides.

#1: Trump doesn't have to "denounce" anything. Some redneck punches a black guy and suddenly its like Trump ordered him to do it. George Soros plants a bunch of Nazi Saluting morons at a Trump rally.. next thing you know "Trump is HITLER!!". You Anti-Trump bunch are f'ing lunatics.

I keep hearing Trump is a racist.. Trump supports the KKK, Trump didn't denounce David Duke (why should he?). Yet I never see any proof. Your proof is his supporters? Sorry.. doesn't work that way.

There is a lot of negative press against Trump. Why? Because he said build a wall so we stop the flow of ILLEGAL immigrants into this country. That's racist? Really?? Is he racist because he won't accept bribe money from Israel? Please.. give me a clear concise example of how HE is a racist.

Why is no one going crazy over Hilary? This woman sold secrets to China. This woman had people murdered. Scandal after Scandal. But we don't see huge protests there. Why? Well.. its because she doesn't represent a threat to that tiny little country in the middle east. That's why.

You know there is a problem when George Soros is involved against Trump. It means Trump isn't bowing down to Israel and Israeli lobbies. And that in and of itself is why I DO support Trump. Granted.. the man is an idiot and I cringe at the thought of him as President. But out of our choices, at least HE seems to stand up for AMERICA. Does Hilary? F*** no. Bernie? He's a borderline communist and a racist to boot. Yes people.. you CAN be racist against white people. Maybe that is why Trump DOES have so much support. Because white men and women are sick and tired of being the scape goats. We're tired of being told WE are the problem and no one else is at fault. That we are 'privileged' and should just kill ourselves (yes this has been said).

Has Trump said he wants to get rid of blacks? Hispanics? Asians? No. And please don't bring up some misquoted bullsh** when he talked about putting up a wall.

These liberal psychopaths need to sit down and take a breath. If anyone is getting out of hand it's them. I mean, morons like this Ilya Sheyman (head of moveon.org) is making veiled death threats against Trump and taking credit for the Chicago protests. These people are proud of being idiots. Instead of legitimately trying to make points against Trump, they just want to discredit him by any means. Not one of them logical.

So please... I could give a damn if some old man punched a black dude. How many old men have been punched by them??? oooh... racist..

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Dude, don't let their intolerance get the best of you. I know their hatred and ignorance can be infuriating, but violence is not the answer.

Trump is going to lose the election.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: supremecommander

Dude, don't let their intolerance get the best of you. I know their hatred and ignorance can be infuriating, but violence is not the answer.

Trump is going to lose the election.

I actually agree Trump will lose the election.

As for the other part, I won't let your tolerance of progressive terrorists get me down

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

edit on 13-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: obvious reasons

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
a reply to: Indigo5

No need to fear his supporters. They forget that the 2nd amendment applies only to them.

They can rant and rally all they want but if they want to assault minorities its time to see how well they can handle violence when its returned tenfold.

I would say it already has been returned 100 fold in Chicago. The violence hatred and outright acts of terrorism were very disproportionate to one man being punched in the face. The Trump supporters were very tolerant.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join