It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new case of BSE in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok now Skippy you're just acting like a troll now and are disrupting the discussion. Here are a "few" more links for you to "read" (I know you don't read them so don't bother pretending the links are for people who wish to Learn not ignore)

US Agriculture agency undercuts safety, scientist says(originally from the New York Times)

Senator slams USDA, FDA on mad cow

USDA mad cow testing program is a sham, says inspector general

Howard Lyman, the cattle rancher who originally warned of mad cow disease, urges mandatory testing

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Acting like a troll? Posting a relvent link showing other countries banning Canadian meat on a Canadian Mad cow post is trolling? Please explain how?

Also, care to comment on djohnsto77 post? He seems to have the FACTS spelled out there fairly clearly.

I will restate: Canada is trying to sell cows infected with BSE to the world and they wont buy it. The lost USA sales alone will cost Canada $4 billion yearly. Pure and simple FACT.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The only confirmed case of BSE in the United States was from Canada.

Not disputing that I was replying to this statement which you addressed below.

It has been illegal to feed any animal products to cows/cattle here for a very long time as well.

www.aphis.usda.gov...:

Q: Does the United States still permit the feeding of ruminant protein to ruminants?
A: On August 4, 1997, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) established regulations that prohibit the feeding of most mammalian proteins to ruminants.

Yup we have the same rules up here which we instated at around the same time. (alot of good that Did us)

The fact is we DO test more cattle per capita then the USA, its been studied I believe(saw it on CBC first time this whole thing started up) I will try to find the link... the study was done jointly by the UofAlberta and another American one.

This page has a whole wackload of links about this very subject(and mostly dealing with the USDA too, not sure how credible it is but considering the sites aim is to eliminate the current feed practices it doesn't really have much to gain for critizing the US more then Canada allthogh they do that too as do I)

Remember Deny Ignorance. I do not agree with the Agriculture practices currently used, yeah call me an Organic nutball or somthing but once you go Organic you never go back.

I will restate: Canada is trying to sell cows infected with BSE to the world and they wont buy it. The lost USA sales alone will cost Canada $4 billion yearly. Pure and simple FACT.

You know what I could care less wether we lose the whole goddam industry as long as the Organic producers are left intact. I would be a happy camper then. Please if you can kill that industrial farms please do so, but you might make your best friends the Albertans very angry hehe

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sardion2000]

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sardion2000]

<< 1   >>

join