It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Appeals Court Rules Trump Must Stand Trial for Fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Will this happen before or after Hillary's trial? Hillary apologists in 3...2...1

So you admit he is just as bad as the one you hate so much? Or was that just snarky denial?

No, I admit this is just as bad. But Hillary never has to answer to anyone because she is the establishment pick. Trump doesn't have that luxury.

Trump is just as 'establishment'. Not sure why some people are under the delusion he isn't.
They should both be disqualified.

Of course he is, hes the money behind all those corrupt politicians that people complain are bought off.....

Trump is one of the ones buying..........I dunno why people feel hes exempt somehow......

Thats like blaming the drug dealers, but then saying the head of the Drug Cartel is innocent, even though hes the one supplying the drugs

Have fun, then, with Hillary for the next eight years. People who think they've had it bad and b!tched about Obama ain't seen nothin' yet. Not saying Trump will be any better, but all Hillary's going to do is continue the Obama agenda. So in essence, we'll have a sixteen year Obama admin.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Do people even watch the news or the debates? Trump himself, has been talking about this for a while now, and saying it is going to trial. He and everybody knew this already. It doesn't mean anything unless he loses, but nothing has happened yet. It is a class action law suit, which means everybody who attended Trump University gets a letter asking "would you like to be a part of this lawsuit and get your money back?" And people are like, "Um Trump has BILLIONS, heck yeah I want to be part of this, paying it won't even hurt him!"
The reason it won't hold up in court, is because these people already filled out end of course reviews, saying whether they liked it or not, and they wrote and signed that they loved it! And, Trump said that he already willingly refunded to people who said they didn't like it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

What? This thread is about Trump having to stand trial now for fraud, his money isn't getting him out of it

I know what the thread is about, I wrote it..........

It still stands, up until this point where politics were involved and things brought to light, Trump has always been able to use his money to get out of things.....

Hillary will be the next POTUS, even under investigation for sharing classified emails which jeopardize national security (a felony

Unfortunately I think you might be right.......

So Trump has 100x more money and he is standing trial, why is Hillary immune?

Ummm, what? Who made that accusation or even eluded it it?

doesn't come down to money, it's being connected and having very powerful people pulling the strings.

And you think money doesnt afford you that? LoL I dont even know what to say in response if you actually believe that statement is true.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

but she did it first, but he did it first, wah wah wah. the thread is about trump being charged with fraud not about Hilary. they're both snakes imo.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Will this happen before or after Hillary's trial? Hillary apologists in 3...2...1

So you admit he is just as bad as the one you hate so much? Or was that just snarky denial?

No, I admit this is just as bad. But Hillary never has to answer to anyone because she is the establishment pick. Trump doesn't have that luxury.

Trump is just as 'establishment'. Not sure why some people are under the delusion he isn't.
They should both be disqualified.

Of course he is, hes the money behind all those corrupt politicians that people complain are bought off.....

Trump is one of the ones buying..........I dunno why people feel hes exempt somehow......

Thats like blaming the drug dealers, but then saying the head of the Drug Cartel is innocent, even though hes the one supplying the drugs

Have fun, then, with Hillary for the next eight years. People who think they've had it bad and b!tched about Obama ain't seen nothin' yet. Not saying Trump will be any better, but all Hillary's going to do is continue the Obama agenda. So in essence, we'll have a sixteen year Obama admin.

Oh my God. It's like debating with a 3 year old.

Why does it have to be Hillary OR Trump??

Now I need to go beat my head against the wall.
edit on 10-3-2016 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

To be fair, we're all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's how our legal system is supposed to work. Otherwise, what stops anyone from suing a political candidate just to get them to drop out of a race?

Think about the vast millions spent on attack ads and campaign contributions. Now do you really think no donors or think tanks would be willing to spend a fraction of that money just to get someone to file a frivolous lawsuit? Not to mention that whichever party is in power in a specific district or municipality could easily file trumped up charges against opposition candidates to permanently keep them out of power.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

To be fair, we're all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

And until that innocence is proven they shouldnt be running for the highest office in the land.

Would you want to hire someone to manage your finances who is going to trial for possible extortion or larceny?

Yes you are innocent until proven guilty, but its better that you be proven innocent and not be in office, than proven guilty and be in office........

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

It doesn't matter if people liked the school or some didn't and got refunded. Fraud is still fraud and he should pay up, (if he is proven guilty) just my opinion but I understand what you're saying man

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

It doesn't matter if people liked the school or some didn't and got refunded. Fraud is still fraud and he should pay up, (if he is proven guilty) just my opinion but I understand what you're saying man

Key word *if* he is proven guilty, then he should pay up, it gonna be hard though, with those praising testimonials. There is no fraud yet, that's what trials are for.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm no legal expert but doesn't Trump have documented reports and statements from the same people who brought the lawsuit and appeared in Rubio's commercials that contradict their claims? I wouldn't settle out of court with info like this.

It really feels like a politically motivated attack.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm no legal expert but doesn't Trump have documented reports and statements from the same people who brought the lawsuit and appeared in Rubio's commercials that contradict their claims? I wouldn't settle out of court with info like this.

He CLAIMS he does, but he claims a lot of things that arent true.......kind of the reason hes in the mess hes in......

So we will see , let the legal system decide

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

He clearly does have them in the video I posted, so I can guess what the motivation is behind these individuals in question.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I dunno, but I think both of them should have to suspend their campaigns if they are under legal investigations. I believe that with every candidate......

We have come to a sad state in America where this sort of thing is acceptable, and they can run and we just shrug our shoulders.

It should NEVER be acceptable

You're comparing a civil lawsuit to a federal indictment? So some idiot on Judge Judy is equal in your mind to sombody intentionally mishandling top secret information

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Couldn't be because of political pressure. Could it?? I wonder what they will bring up next.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

He clearly does have them in the video I posted, so I can guess what the motivation is behind these individuals in question.

That video doesnt prove anything actually its still heresay from Trump

I will await the proof from an actual court of law

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Couldn't be because of political pressure. Could it?? I wonder what they will bring up next.

Does it matter? again people keep making excuses for "Why"

It really doesnt matter why if there are grounds for it....

it would be the same for any of the candidates

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

I dunno, but I think both of them should have to suspend their campaigns if they are under legal investigations. I believe that with every candidate......

We have come to a sad state in America where this sort of thing is acceptable, and they can run and we just shrug our shoulders.

It should NEVER be acceptable

You're comparing a civil lawsuit to a federal indictment? So some idiot on Judge Judy is equal in your mind to sombody intentionally mishandling top secret information

according to whom? Are you a lawyer?

The AG is the one who initiated this investigation years ago........you didnt read the article at all did you?

Nice to see how on point your bias is

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Stop the presses. A prolific businessman has legal complications regarding one of his businesses? Unheard of and unacceptable.

Of course in the real world Donald Trump is not the same as an LLC and standing trial for fraud is not the same as being guilty of fraud, but I'll be willing to suspend the presumption of innocence, listen to and promote only one side of the story while dismissing the rest, and subvert the rule of law to assume guilt for the sake of this argument.

If it turns out the Trump university was a sham, so what?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If your idea was the law, how would that actually work out? You really don't think business leaders, defense contractors, intelligence agencies, politicians, and law enforcement would use that as the ultimate loophole to stop candidates that oppose them?

And yes, I mentioned law enforcement too because the FBI did even worse things during COINTELPRO. So simply pressing phoney or politically motivated charges would be child's play to them. Ever heard of Geronimo Pratt, the Black Panther who was imprisoned for 27 years on a false murder charge? His sentence was eventually overturned and he was rewarded roughly $4.5 million for false imprisonment.

If even "guilty" people may actually be later proven to be innocent, how can we judge people simply because they are accused of guilt? that's literally the entire point of a court system. It gives the accuser(s) and the accused a chance to make their cases.
edit on 10-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Its insane that we arent ashamed that two of our 3 major presidential hopefuls are under investigation and going to court.......

And the other is a loon pretending we arent eyebrow deep in debt.

Insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join