It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Appeals Court Rules Trump Must Stand Trial for Fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Seems that Hillary isnt the only one thats going to be embroiled in a legal battle during this election cycle, Apparently Donald and Hillary have more in common then people want to believe.......and looks like Trumps past exploits are starting to come home to roost

The First Department (the NY Appeals court covering Manhattan) ruled today that the lawsuit brought by the Attorney General of the State of New York against Trump University and Donald Trump can move forward to trial

In deciding that the applicable law (NY’s Executive Law section 63(12)) is governed by a six year statute of limitation and that it does indeed authorize an independent special proceeding by the AG to prove fraud and collect damages, the court clarified some esoteric legal points that will likely make this case an important one in the annals of consumer law

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman picked up the ball in 2011 when he began investigating for-profit universities and trade schools for fraud. His office issued a subpoena to TEI that revealed some damaging information. The AG’s office claims that not only was TEI operating in NYS as an unlicensed, illegal university, but that it had operated a serious bait-and-switch program to get students to enroll in ever more expensive seminars.

The Attorney General noted that at the free seminars, instructors played a video featuring Donald Trump telling prospective students, “We’re going to have professors that are absolutely terrific — terrific people, terrific brains, successful, the best” and noted that they were “all people that are handpicked by me.” Sounds like his Presidential campaign stump speeches, no? However, the Attorney General’s complaint alleges, Trump did not handpick the instructors;indeed, only one of the live event speakers for Trump University had even ever met Donald Trump.

The Attorney General further claims that the instructors had been inadequately vetted and in fact had little or no experience in real estate investing, instead having prior work experience such as food service management and graphic design. In other words, every promise was a total sham.

The Trumpster always likes to threaten to sue people, hes threatened to sue Ted, hes threaten to sue papers for "libel" actually even on THIS issue hes threaten to sue for Libel....

Well it looks like the AG in his own home state thinks theres something to the case.......

What goes around comes around Trump....

Source
edit on 3/10/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I keep trying to tell people that none of these losers are worth voting for.
Just a bit more proof I'm right. But....will they finally listen?

(post by Jefferton removed for political trolling and baiting)
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Will this happen before or after Hillary's trial? Hillary apologists in 3...2...1

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I keep trying to tell people that none of these losers are worth voting for.
Just a bit more proof I'm right. But....will they finally listen?

I am convinced that it is a hopeless cause.

When Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the frontrunners....what hope do you have that people will see the light???

If you follow what they have said in the past and look at what they are saying today, they are both liars. Unabashed liars.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Will this happen before or after Hillary's trial? Hillary apologists in 3...2...1

I dunno, but I think both of them should have to suspend their campaigns if they are under legal investigations. I believe that with every candidate......

We have come to a sad state in America where this sort of thing is acceptable, and they can run and we just shrug our shoulders.

It should NEVER be acceptable

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So you admit he is just as bad as the one you hate so much? Or was that just snarky denial?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This presidential election is turning into a reality show. Two leading candidates embroiled in legal battles. You can't make this stuff up. Maybe Deez Nuts will win this election after all.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

This presidential election is turning into a reality show. Two leading candidates embroiled in legal battles. You can't make this stuff up. Maybe Deez Nuts will win this election after all.

I think Honey Boo Boo should jump in the race, because, why not??

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

NY eh... Who could have gotten that case forced into court? Oh wait, isn't Hillary a representative there? More sleepy politics at work it appears.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

LoL very well might and as entertaining as it is, its really sad that the future of our country is taken with such a complacent attitude with the people of this country.

Its disheartening to say the least

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I dunno, but I think both of them should have to suspend their campaigns if they are under legal investigations. I believe that with every candidate......

We have come to a sad state in America where this sort of thing is acceptable, and they can run and we just shrug our shoulders.

It should NEVER be acceptable

Agreed. This country's in sad shape with the choices we have to pick from.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

NY eh... Who could have gotten that case forced into court? Oh wait, isn't Hillary a representative there? More sleepy politics at work it appears.

Cheers - Dave

Possibly but does it matter?

If its True then it indeed needs to be brought up, and addressed regardless of who instigated it.

Would you prefer that the situation with Hillary just be brushed under the carpet because it was conservatives who initiated the investigation?

Seems like a gross double standard to me

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

So you admit he is just as bad as the one you hate so much? Or was that just snarky denial?

No, I admit this is just as bad. But Hillary never has to answer to anyone because she is the establishment pick. Trump doesn't have that luxury.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, I admit this is just as bad. But Hillary never has to answer to anyone because she is the establishment pick. Trump doesn't have that luxury.

Trump has never had to answer to anyone because his money bought him immunity........

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Trump is just as 'establishment'. Not sure why some people are under the delusion he isn't.
They should both be disqualified.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Trump is just as 'establishment'. Not sure why some people are under the delusion he isn't.
They should both be disqualified.

Of course he is, hes the money behind all those corrupt politicians that people complain are bought off.....

Trump is one of the ones buying..........I dunno why people feel hes exempt somehow......

Thats like blaming the drug dealers, but then saying the head of the Drug Cartel is innocent, even though hes the one supplying the drugs

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Trump has never had to answer to anyone because his money bought him immunity........

What? This thread is about Trump having to stand trial now for fraud, his money isn't getting him out of it. Hillary will be the next POTUS, even under investigation for sharing classified emails which jeopardize national security (a felony). So Trump has 100x more money and he is standing trial, why is Hillary immune? It doesn't come down to money, it's being connected and having very powerful people pulling the strings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join