It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 dead after shooting at Pennsylvania home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The thing that stands out to me in this case; the article says that there were multiple gunmen. It goes on to say that people ran from the back yard and we're gunned down from the other gunman on the side. So a total of 5 dead, 3 injured. No one in custody...

Five people are dead after a shooting at a home in Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania, according to Allegheny County Police. Investigators believe there were multiple gunmen involved, but no one is in custody.

Police got reports of the shooting at about 11 p.m. ET in the backyard of a house where there was some sort of cookout or "backyard party," Lt. Andrew Sherman says.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Wow, they really pissed off someone. That took actual planning.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if this was gang related. Wilkinsburg is a terrible area and know for gang violence.

JT

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Greenblaz

That was kind of my thought process, based on the neighbors that were interviewed.

Thanks KS for posting

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Who holds a "cookout/backyard party" on a school night?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Adults?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hungry people...
Hey... you asked...
edit on 10-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Who holds a "cookout/backyard party" on a school night?

/raises hand/

We don't really have random parties anymore with small children at home, but in the past, sometimes an after-work beer with the neighbors would turn into someone running out for a bunch of steaks, more drinks, good times, people in pools, etc. Plus, it's not a school night if you or your children aren't in school. That may not have been the case here, but, just saying, plenty of us do hold backyard parties on "school nights"...or, well, used to, in my case.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Greenblaz

It wouldn't surprise me if this was gang related. Wilkinsburg is a terrible area and know for gang violence.

Yeah, has all the signs of a gang related or a drug related shooting. I'm sure not all of them were the main targets. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some innocent victims who were oblivious to the gang related connections.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, has all the signs of a gang related or a drug related shooting. I'm sure not all of them were the main targets.

And that is what is so heart breaking to hear...A lot of collateral damage occurs in incidents like this and those whom are innocent almost always pay the ultimate price. If the victims were all gangbanger's I would've whole-heartedly shrugged this off.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sounds like a gang hit from the current released reports.

Wilkinsburg PA

Seems the populations has had a steep drop off in that area since 2000 and 2010. Normally a sign it's a bad areas as people are moving out.
edit on 10-3-2016 by ObjectZero because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That's a pretty terrible event, but it certainly sounds like pre-planned murders of some sort, and not a surgical strike, either, but something that was done with the intent to send a message about something to someone. Definitely has "gang-related" written all over it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Shirley, Shirley I was typing in gest, nobody has tried the new ATS™ Skype™ feature where My tongue was in My cheek (My right, Your left) ?

LINK

Change to "school night" to "work night". I'm also really intimate with having a few beers after work. In My profession there was even a name for it "Choir Practice" and if We weren't sucking beers in the parking lot, We went to the bar right across from the PD.

In My opinion after working first in Patrol, then Street Crimes and the Narcotics in a med.-lg. Ca. city this reads as if it was a "Dope Rip" and/or elimination of competition, but that would be 'non-positive' and based on supposition and testifying to facts not yet in evidence.

Sorry for the pathetic attempt at sarcasm so I'll skate over to the penalty box for the rest of this movie...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Definitely sounds like a gang or drug related hit.

Living that life will catch up with you sooner than later. One of the deceased was a pregnant woman due in May.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wilkinsburg USED to be a really nice area. Large older homes. Well kept. For an urban area, some houses had tiny lawns and grassy backyards (like the shooting scene of last night). Wilkinsburg was known as "The City of Churches." It really was an early suburb of Pittsburgh.

There is considerable gang activity in the Pittsburgh area (like just about every larger city). The demographic has changed dramatically. I read in the local paper that the per capita income level of Wilkinsburg is $26k. Welfare is the chief income source. As I live nearby, what Wilkinsburg has become is what the Hill used to be (but is getting heavily improved by the creep of Pitt and UPMC juggernaut out of Oakland...so the low income resettled slightly east in Wilkinsburg.

As to the shooting, Local TV is reporting one of the dead women was pregnant.

No doubt this was a hit of some kind. Drugs or gangs.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
Wilkinsburg USED to be a really nice area. Large older homes. Well kept. For an urban area, some houses had tiny lawns and grassy backyards (like the shooting scene of last night). Wilkinsburg was known as "The City of Churches." It really was an early suburb of Pittsburgh.

There is considerable gang activity in the Pittsburgh area (like just about every larger city). The demographic has changed dramatically. I read in the local paper that the per capita income level of Wilkinsburg is $26k. Welfare is the chief income source. As I live nearby, what Wilkinsburg has become is what the Hill used to be (but is getting heavily improved by the creep of Pitt and UPMC juggernaut out of Oakland...so the low income resettled slightly east in Wilkinsburg.

As to the shooting, Local TV is reporting one of the dead women was pregnant.

No doubt this was a hit of some kind. Drugs or gangs.

Sounds like a lot of areas around the country. Many of the worst neighborhoods USED TO BE nice areas until income and cultural demographics changed.

top topics

join