It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston, We Have a Problem! (upcoming (d/m)ocumentary)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Announced in 2012 this work has finally made it to the theatre and will premiere in March 2016 at the Tribeca New York festival. By many dubbed as complete nonsense and never to see the light due to lack of credibility to its content I wonder what will they come up with. It certainly has a conspiracy stamp on it and I will most likely enjoy it anyhow, well unless it`s going to be like a really really bad SCI-FI

Regarding what "evidence" and/or "testimonies" to expect, I simply don`t know but I`m going to speculate that they will point to the work of Herman Potocnik called "The problem of space travel" and that the Tito`s secret agency got hands on it and other writings and sketches like said in this article:

"According to the documentary, the origins of the Yugoslav space programme lay in the writings and work of Herman Potocnik, whose 1929 book Problem Voznje po Vesolju (The Problem of Space Travel) inspired former Nazi and architect of the American space program Wernher von Braun. What America did not get their hands on were other writings and drawings by Potocnik, and these were found by Tito's secret service in 1947, and they played an important part in the Yugoslav space programme, which was started in 1948.

Source

I have also looked in NASA archive for further information but of course no other writings and drawings are being mentioned. It does say though that his work was written in his native language before it was translated into German which is contrary to any other sources I came across so if there were other writings, I`d imagine it would be in the same language and perhaps never translated or even looked at previously to alleged retrieval but I find that hard to believe.

Another thing that stands out is a secret underground base at Zeljava on the Croatian-Bosnian border, also known as Army Base 505 where, as seen in the trailer, an engineer, who has stepped forward, had worked on the project.

Anyway, I just wanted to spark your interest and let you all know that it`s coming very soon. Whether to believe any of it, I leave that part for you to decide. Here is also a new trailer:

edit on 10-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Looks interesting to say the least and I will keep an eye out for this one.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

You are right Houston has a major problem, it stinks bad and is in dire need of a huge air freshener the size of the Moon.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
the origins of the Yugoslav space programme

You mean this "space" programme?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You mean this "space" programme?

Yes but as you can see they thought it was a hoax because it was only a trailer out there. Now, after 4 years, full version (d/m)ocumentary is coming. Regarding its content I have already expressed my thoughts and doubts so I don`t think I can add anything more before I see it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Many people in Yugoslavia worshiped Tito, just as they worship Kim Jong in North Korea. And they still make up stories about his supposed greatness.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
First time I hear about it, always love a good story.

But, if my ears are still serving me right it sounds like they trixed that Nixon quote at the end (1:50 in the trailer) from snippets. Off to a bad start, but it might still be an entertaining watch.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

There was an eccentric Serbian scientist who left some scientific papers a la Tsiolkovsky, but the "Yugoslavian space program" never happened. There were extensive underground hangars built there during the Cold War; if the US and USSR destroyed each other, Tito was determined to arise as the dominant air power. Serbia currently has a thriving hoax industry.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Balans

Yeah I thought so too that there is something wrong with that...a glitch in the mix.

a reply to: DJW001

You are probably right but let me remind you that Yugoslavia was not just Serbia. There was enough brain to do it if they actually got their hands on those papers which I seriously doubt along with having resources needed to even begin with such a project.

I know I told you I have nothing more to add but now I do. I was told earlier today to pause trailer at 1:37 and look at the name of the rocket. It says Triglav 1...take a look.

Triglav (pronounced [ˈtɾiːɡlau̯]; German: Terglau, Italian: Tricorno), with an elevation of 2,864 metres (9,396 ft),[1][notes 1] is the highest mountain in Slovenia and the highest peak of the Julian Alps. The mountain is the pre-eminent symbol of the Slovene Nation.

source

Never heard of Triglav 1 rocket launch before so if anyone can confirm that this is an insert of the actual footage or a picture, then I would find it to be an odd coincidence to say the least. Even more so if it was launched on American soil but there is also a good chance that it was faked to get to the audience...I guess I`m going to have to wait for more answers.
edit on 10-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
does sound funny.
newt gingrich gets a credit as a 'technical advisor'.
this team has a wicked sense of humour.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Excellent job in that trailer in the OP, we'll put together. Nixon threat was very fitting for the finisher

Thank you for sharing this

Eta - second listen, it does seem somewhat sketchy, as well as that Nixon quote, even if mixed, was pretty cool lol.
Regardless of true or not, I don't care. We are in a different era now, and Kennedy was killed in front of America.

I'll still enjoy it the doc, even if it's not accurate, I'll take it as entertainment value only.
edit on 10-3-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It is significant that the image you spotted is a still photo, easily doctored, which is followed by documentary footage of an actual Redstone missile launch. The missile in the still looks like a Jupiter:

afspacemuseum.org...
edit on 11-3-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The footage is from the 1958 Explorer 1 launch. Here's a screen capture from a newsreal:

Starts around 10:00 in this video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nataylor

Well spotted. [HOAX!]

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Well done Sir!...I had a problem with the size and thickness of Jupiter but Explorer definitely fits the bill along with everything else in the background.

So a couple of "mistakes" already in a trailer...Hmm, I just hope they didin`t ruin the entertainment factor

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

Well done Sir!...I had a problem with the size and thickness of Jupiter but Explorer definitely fits the bill along with everything else in the background.

So a couple of "mistakes" already in a trailer...Hmm, I just hope they didin`t ruin the entertainment factor

Dark Side of the Moon (film) was humorous but I think the humor was a little too subtle for some people who apparently took it seriously, but it shows that mockumentaries can be fun. How fun this new mockumentary will be remains to be seen, but the producer doesn't seem to be calling it a mockumentary.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well this was discussed in 2013 here...

And it seems to be consider a hoax back then.

For those who haven't seen the trailer, here you go...

edit on 13-3-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join