It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let's say an alien spacecraft landed in your backyard, and the lifeforms inside were able to communicate with you. They convinced you that they will not hurt you in any way whatsoever, and wanted you to go with them, but you would never return to earth - would you go?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Perhaps... gotta be tempting the way things are going on this planet right now.
As long as there are assurances that there will be absolutely NO anal probes

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wouldnt mind taking a trip with ETs, but even if they meant no harm, the long standing secrecy junk they've done to us will never allow me to be at ease or "like" them very much. Unless their excuse for secrecy was the best excuse in the history of excuses, which I doubt it could be, I would not go with them indefinitely.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Only after they land all over the world thus proving/holding true to their word about no butt-probes, I'm in... But not without my dog!!
Take me away! I'll bring my acoustic guitar and we'll play tunes while flying (that'll be sweet)

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Adregalus]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adregalus
! I'll bring my acoustic guitar and we'll play tunes while flying (that'll be sweet)
[edit on 11-1-2005 by Adregalus]

Yea, i would so go if could take my guitar and my cat.

We could simulate a camp fire and sing scout songs.

Oh, and bring my x files collection. Not going without them.

This thread has already been done i do believe.

but these are always funny

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A year ago I would have said yes now that I have a daughter I would only do it if I could come back or if they didn't make the offer until after I had seen her grow up. That would be a tremendous opportunity though, not sure how anyone could turn that down.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They say "home is where the ehart is," so as long as my wife can come as well, I'd/we'd consider it... But it depends... How much gear can I bring with me? Can I at least bring my Powerbook & iPod?

What kind of power adapter would I pack for that trip?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would go on 2 conditions. If they made me an admiral of their space navy, and command from an imperial star destroyer they modeled after the ship froom stat wars (like in galaxy quest) and a contract that says no harm, no probes

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why stay here? Between war's, tsunami's, landslides, stress, and the inhumane nature of humanity, why would any want to stay? I'd ask when is the next spaceship departing earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dont know about this, thats very iffy... I dont think i could do it. The earth is where i was born, its my home.. I think i would refuse any kind of trip that required me to leave earth... And i wouldnt trust them anyways, as far as the no-harming thing... They would have to keep their distance for a while, or be really convincing.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner
& iPod?

No need for an ipod me and Adregalus could seranade you.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
Why stay here? Between war's, tsunami's, landslides, stress, and the inhumane nature of humanity, why would any want to stay? I'd ask when is the next spaceship departing earth.

Actually, I think it would probably be better for all of us to learn how to stay and fix our own sheeeeat instead of becoming intergalactic migrant workers...
BTW, how do you say "green card" on Sirius?

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sdrumrunner because he couldn't find a way to get the word s--t through the board's automated filters on the 1st two attempts]

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would but I would have two conditions,
1. Relocate all the worlds Felus Domesticus to a planet where they would thrive and be safe.
2. Give me a ship capable of FTL travel and could kick @$$ in battle.

[edit on 1/11/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a huge YES as long as I can come back anytime I want, and they let me borrow one of thier warships so I can teach us Humans a lesson in true power
Maybe then Humanity will unite.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Heh...

I'd go on these conditions:

-Give me a small space craft shaped after my A-17 design.
-Give me an interstellar capable craft to store my A-17 in so I can go back to earth whenever I can, ofcourse I need to have anal probes and an abductor beam so I can show dubya what I think of how he runs America

-Give me interstellar acces to the internet, esspecially ATS so I can tell them how cool it is to have my cool interstellar craft
-Give me a private shooting range and a nice assortiment of firearms, who needs laser blasters and photon disruptors? I like my old fashion REAL STEEL

-Holo deck would be nice
-Let me take my wife with me.

man i'm demanding

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay. I would have three request before I would depart. I would ask them to get me an endless supply of oxycontin and Guiness beer and one blond swedish lady of 20 years age. That would be great!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

ofcourse I need to have anal probes and an abductor beam so I can show dubya what I think of how he runs America

LMAO

Great line there GrOuNd_ZeRo - thanx I needed that!

-Let me take my wife with me.

Man I have to tell you the only way I would go is if my wife couldn't come!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sure, I would go as long as I could have my own,

Planet
Battle Fleet
Funky looking Armour Suit ( the Tau one from Warhammer 40k would be nice
)
And as much junk food as I can physically fit on thier ship.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
I would go on 2 conditions. If they made me an admiral of their space navy, and command from an imperial star destroyer they modeled after the ship froom stat wars (like in galaxy quest) and a contract that says no harm, no probes

or maybey id command this ship...

and hold the world hostage and make em all stop fighting each other... hmm...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would not only go with them, I would insist that they not bring me back. There is a lot to learn out there, and who better to teach, than those who spend their lives doing what I dream? Hope they are listening...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join