It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD Whistleblower Scientist Reports Baffling ‘Blue Plasma’ UFO Sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted already on ATS but I did my search and it came back with no results...so with that in mind, here is the post on this search article which discusses about the OP.

DoD Whistleblower Scientist Reports Baffling ‘Blue Plasma’ UFO Sighting — MUFON Rates Witness ‘Extremely Credible’ [Video]
www.inquisitr.com...
March 8, 2016

A scientist who works for the U.S. Department of Defense has joined the swelling ranks of high-profile personnel with links to the military and government agencies that have come forward in recent months with amazing UFO disclosures. The scientist recently filed a baffling “blus plasma” UFO sighting report — Case 74282 — with the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a U.S.-based non-profit organization that documents and investigates UFO sightings around the world.

The witness, considered an “extremely credible” witness, is reportedly an electromagnetic and laser systems expert who works as a contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense. He claims to have had a close encounter with a large “blue plasma” UFO (see YouTube below) in a wooded area during a recent hunting trip in Ontario, Canada.

But he gave a riveting account of his encounter with a “barbell-shaped” (telephone receiver- or dog bone-shaped) glowing UFO in a 40-minute video interview with MUFON investigators, including Robert Powell, Director of Research for MUFON and Philip Leech, Indiana MUFON State Section Director.

www.youtube.com...

The witness said he was on a hunting trip in a wooded area of Ontario, Canada, with two friends — who also asked to be anonymous — on August 28, 2013, when they spotted a mysterious UFO about 400 feet away from their position.

The sighting, which occurred at about 9:40 p.m., lasted a little more than 6 minutes.

The witness told MUFON, “We were driving down a logging route to the main highway when there was this craft at low enough altitude to see it through the windscreen. I would say it was at highest 150 to 175 feet in altitude. I grabbed my rifle scope out the pack, wound the window down and hung out the open side window to observe the craft.”

According to the witness, the UFO had a “brilliant brightness.” Leech’s account of the sighting on YouTube compared the brightness to “blue plasma.”

It hovered at an altitude of about 150 feet to 175 feet. The witness estimated its length at about 170 feet. The diameter at both ends of the “barbell shape” was about 60 feet, and the thickness about 21 feet.

So it is rare for eyewitnesses to give factual statements....but I will tell you that I would believe more a statement than one dumb picture that could have been photoshopped or faked.

The US scientist was visiting Canada at that time and being "a scientist who works for the U.S. Department of Defense" at that time would get him into trouble for coming out. Maybe now that they have retired from their job there is now less fear of conflict of interest reporting. It would have been nice to see a true picture of the event to ensure a stronger degree of credibility to the event which may or may not happened. That would be for something you to decide on.

On that note, I found the interview with MUFON to be incredibly fascinating. And if what is said true of this plasma craft as being of superior technology than the disc shaped objects, rods, or triangles we have heard of before, this would be something of great interest to capture on film/picture and shared for further interpretation of the sighting.

edit on 9-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit note

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I can't play the video...

Does it explain why he waited since 2013 to report this?

I have experienced on 2 occassions, plasma orbs, hovering over my property. I posted stills of them on a previous ATS thread.

They are real.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I can't play the video...

Does it explain why he waited since 2013 to report this?

I have experienced on 2 occassions, plasma orbs, hovering over my property. I posted stills of them on a previous ATS thread.

They are real.

Probably waited till they retired from working as "a scientist who works for the U.S. Department of Defense"...pretty high ranking stuff here...wouldn't want to be in trouble while stationed at their post right?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I figured as much but thought there would be a non disclosure period extending for minimum 10 years post employment?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I figured as much but thought there would be a non disclosure period extending for minimum 10 years post employment?

Could be a lifetime agreement? I don't know the disclosure agreements. But if you find one please post it!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I have one here somewhere...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

From my experience it is only for things at the workplace and related things one would learn while there, and would not include anything to do with a personal encounter with a UFO, and one would be free to speak about that, but just not about technology or information related to the job.

But also speaking about a UFO or a personal encounter would, and has endangered jobs, careers, and might make bosses mad, etc.. (of course)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Phil Schneider didn't live long after breaking his nondisclosure agreement, did he?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That was a wonderful interview.

Thanks, that made my evening.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Phil Schneider didn't live long after breaking his nondisclosure agreement, did he?

Indeed, but remember he spoke outright about what he learned while doing his job and related stuff, not about being somewhere on his own time and encountering something.

But I get it, even just speaking about a personal encounter could be big trouble, but it would not be divulging work related top secret stuff, so it wouldn't be illegal or be breaking any secrecy agreement. (But that still might not save you if your handlers were serious hardliners).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I would think that disclosing anything to do with ufo could be breaking policy of the defense especially if it were a top secret US aircraft. Why else would the government keep this subject secret?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I didn't watch the vid yet, but how does he know this craft to be of superior technology to the discs, cigars, etc.?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

compared in brightness to "blue plasma"

So, what's up with the headline and how bright is "blue plasma?"

MUFON says it's a "very credible witness." You know what? That is actually sort of on oxymoron. MUFON's vetting process is purt' near non existant.

Here's a nice Blast From the Past.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, look.

edit on 3/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So maybe I missed it. Where is the proof this man is who he says he is? What's his name?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Fred.
But you can call him Al.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Fred.
But you can call him Al.

I thought that was Paul Simon?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

compared in brightness to "blue plasma"

So, what's up with the headline and how bright is "blue plasma?"

MUFON says it's a "very credible witness." You know what? That is actually sort of on oxymoron. MUFON's vetting process is purt' near non existant.

Here's a nice Blast From the Past.

Oh, look.

WOW Phage! You are a blast from the past! I haven't seen you posting around much, well from my perusing of posts anyways. Good to see you again! I don't really know what MUFON means by incredibly credible witnesses either. Just hear say unless there is more substantial evidence to prove this guy's case. Btw...I thought scientists were concerned with evidence based studies...and observations without actual pictures or filming wouldn't justify this finding as credible no matter what your field of employment is...am I correct in saying so?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I thought scientists were concerned with evidence based studies...and observations without actual pictures or filming wouldn't justify this finding as credible no matter what your field of employment is...am I correct in saying so?

No, not really. Scientists would be more concerned with any evidence which exists more than that which doesn't.

Without evidence, credibility is irrelevant as far as scientific study goes. However, when evidence is presented, the provenance is indeed important.

edit on 3/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I thought scientists were concerned with evidence based studies...and observations without actual pictures or filming wouldn't justify this finding as credible no matter what your field of employment is...am I correct in saying so?

No, not really. Scientists would be more concerned with any evidence which exists more than that which doesn't.

Without evidence, credibility is irrelevant as far as scientific study goes. However, when evidence is presented, the provenance is indeed important.

So if this scientist really wanted to disclose "the truth" why not have his friends that were there with him be a part of the witness statement???

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Which scientist would that be?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join