It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 firefighters hurt, 3 businesses destroyed in Seattle explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

SEATTLE – Seattle officials say an early morning natural gas explosion that injured nine firefighters and destroyed or damaged businesses in the Greenwood neighborhood was accidental, but investigators are still determining where the gas leak occurred.

At least 36 businesses suffered some kind of damage in the blast, said Seattle Mayor Ed Murray. During an afternoon news conference next to the debris, Murray said police planned to increase patrols in the area to provide extra security.

9 firefighters hurt, 3 businesses destroyed in Seattle explosion

So glad to hear that the firefighters are going to be OK. I don't know how I didn't hear about this until just now, considering how nearby this is and that I drive down Greenwood often (was supposed to today).

If you smell gas, turn it off or get out and call 911!

I don't know much about it, but should these lines be inspected more often than every three years? I know it's rare but man it can be bad.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Reminded me of this from last year:

Big explosion at a motel 6 in washington

Huh.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

*puts on conspiracy cap*

Hmmm Seattle eh? I wonder if any of these businesses were owned by Nick Hanauer, you know, the Billionaire who pays his staff a living wage, no matter what part of his business they work in? He has been vocal in his desire to see every business pay its staff a living wage, because he believes it drives up consumer spending, when ones employees are also consumers.

I can see that causing trouble...

*doffs conspiracy cap*

I hope the firefighters are not out of the game and that their injuries heal well. No one likes to see a fireman take a career ending injury. I also hope that the businesses damaged or destroyed by this explosion are properly compensated for their losses and that the destruction does not result in catastrophic loss of earnings for their employees and suppliers. There is always a chain reaction in events such as these, but I hope it has limited effects in this instance.

new topics

join