It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho shooting suspect’s ‘hypersexual’ Martian manifesto is a window into an unraveling mind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

"On Tuesday evening, as tourists snapped photos in front of the White House, a young man with blond hair and blue eyes approached the black iron fence.
Kyle Odom wasn’t there to take pictures, though.
He was there to deliver a message to the president."

"When Secret Service agents unwittingly stopped Odom, the 30-year-old was the only suspect in the shooting of an Evangelical pastor in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, on Sunday. According to authorities, Odom had ambushed Tim Remington in his church parking lot, shooting the popular pastor in the head and back before he vanished."

"He admitted to plotting to shoot Remington. He also claimed that the pastor was part of a vast alien conspiracy to enslave the human race — a conspiracy that Odom believed extended to Congress.
“My last resort was to take actions to bring this to the public’s attention,” Odom wrote in the manifesto. “I hope that something good comes of it. Just realize that I’m a good person, and I’m completely innocent. Also realize that the ‘people’ I killed are not what you think.”

Idaho shooting suspect’s ‘hypersexual’ Martian manifesto is a window into an unraveling mind

this is an interesting one. martians, out-of-body experiences, sex, religion - the works.

i'm thinking he's kind of crazy.
edit on R2016th2016-03-09T18:48:33-06:0020161pm684 by RoScoLaz4 because: text

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i'm thinking he's kind of crazy.

That's a help.
So, just suppose this guy is at a high end of a disability, a mental/physical like Autism, fragile-X, there's no telling as yet of the capability and any negatives that can arise from being a person trapped like that, nor what they could be capable of.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yes definitely bat guano crazy.
Or is he?
www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Oh my word, that drawing he has of the martians...

totally looks like Nibbler!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is exactly why I get up in arms about this monarch bull# and the implants in people's head bs, which is often talked about here and encouraged.

If you truly believe and I mean with every inch of your body that the government or aliens are controlling us and manipulating us like this, and you have a dominate and less passive personality, what do you get? Well, you get situations like this... These types of people need help, not encouragement.

Also, a piece of logic for those who still disagree with me, even if they are controlling us (let me grant you that) than you must also grant me that there is nothing you could do to stop it, so why obsess over it? Oh yea, that's right because it's not really happening and it's a delusion caused by schizophrenia that's why you obsess over it.

Or maybe I'm just a less notable Martian
edit on 9-3-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As a crazy person myself, I think he has run-of-the-mill psychosis.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

We used to have a friend who would tell us crazy things, like how our new sofa contained a chip that allowed the govt to spy on us. Another person I knew years ago ended up being committed after deciding to eat only dead leaves and dead plants ..... it was harming his health. I agree, that it's too easy these days for people like Mr. Odom to find public validation for their crazy thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes indeed, if people really cared they would take them to a hospital or pull resources Ect. Unfortunately, mental illness still has a taboo surrounding it, and it's looked down upon which is a crying shame because that attitude isolates and furthers these peoples delusions. I have people from ats who private message me, the crazyiest things. like random street signs and different things (as if they have some meaning) accusing me of being one of "them" because of the positions I take publicly regarding mental illness. It's sad, these people need help and compassion not encouragement and isolation.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Man thank you. Feeding these delusions is incredibly harmful to the individual experiencing them.

I agree that we as a society need to figure out a way to destigmatize mental illness.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
. . . . even if they are controlling us (let me grant you that) than you must also grant me that there is nothing you could do to stop it, so why obsess over it?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So, he shot the pastor 12 times.. and in the head apparently...and buddy survived?

I'm not saying he's an alien, but...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
“I shot Pastor Tim 12 times,” he said. “There is no way any human could have survived that event.

since the pastor survived the shooting, could this mean his story is true?

I'm very sure it's true about the US Senators and US Representatives being aliens... "noteworthy Martians."

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How do we know this guy was really crazy? Only because of that manifesto, which could have been written by anybody. Most schizophrenics get their illness in their late teens or early twenties, yet this guy allegedly goes crazy at age 30. I'm not buying it. And how did they initially identify him as the suspect? Because of his vehicle? It's implied, but not claimed. So we don't know if the car was registered to someone else.

www.king5.com...
He was last seen leaving the parking lot in a 2004 silver Honda Accord with Idaho plates K578519.
....Church members tell KREM 2 News that Pastor Remington is expected to make a full recovery. He could be released from the hospital within the next two days, they said.

[The man is shot six times in the back, and he's out of the hospital three days later? Hmmm.....]

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Most schizophrenics get their illness in their late teens or early twenties, yet this guy allegedly goes crazy at age 30. I'm not buying it.

He probably began showing signs earlier. Unusual, but not unheard of to get schizophrenia later.

While schizophrenia can affect anyone at any point in life, it is somewhat more common in those persons who are genetically predisposed to the disease. The first psychotic episode generally occurs in late adolescence or early adulthood.

Onset by Age -- Three-quarters of persons with schizophrenia develop the disease between 16 and 25 years of age. -- Onset is uncommon after age 30, and rare after age 40. www.schizophrenia.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Decades ago, when mental health care was re-organized to be provided by community clinics and families, and a "cure" was as "easy" as taking a pill, I think the public was lulled into believing that the personal and societal problems of mental illness had been overcome. No one should be suffering anymore, because, by golly, look how easy it is to cure!

It is just the opposite! People do not understand the difficulty of treatment; medication can become ineffective and/or need adjustment. Families find it difficult to deal with a family member who refuses to follow treatment. And the community based care was not as promised or envisioned.

Even under the best family support and medical care, it is not easy. I am saddened but not shocked to find out how far Mr. Odom's mind had unraveled, with disastrous outcomes. Sadly, it will now be, once again, left to a prison system to deal with mental illness. That is how we deal with voices in heads telling people to harm themselves or others.

Mental illness, just as with physical illness, is on a continuum. From mild to severe. It would be interesting to follow the history of Mr. Odom's severe disease, how it got so out of control. And it would be best for society to re-think how we want to help with compassion.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm probably going to say "f***ing really?" if I read on the news one day that this guy was actually not crazy and 100% correct.

Edit: also lol @ having fantasies about aliens jerking you off
edit on 9-3-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: For lolz

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This site has an interview with a neighbor named Tom Iverson, who says right after the shooting a red car pulled up next to the shooter, there was some kind of interaction with the gunman, and then the car sped off. The police don't appear too interested in tracking down this unknown driver in the car.

www.krem.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was going to post that I wouldn't be surprised if the guy had an account here. After reading through the responses in this thread so far, I'd be even less surprised.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
...Another person I knew years ago ended up being committed after deciding to eat only dead leaves and dead plants...

I always suspected that veganism was a mental health disorder.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

This RULES!!!! Dude. He said the aliens looked like tree frogs. Kyron Horman did his science exhibit on tree frogs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join