It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes heat for skipping Nancy Reagan's funeral for festival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

And btw, I agree, the war on drugs is absurd. However Obama always blaming what I posted previously has been vastly, VASTLY, more detrimental to our country's unity.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Indeed in the end, I think it's nice that Michelle Obama is going, that is more than enough.

Folks look for anything to complain about, that's the problem on the right and left...

That's why I'm a libertarian

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

LOL, whatever will they do when the boogieman is gone..drama queens

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So what? He can go where he wants, maybe he didn't like the Reagans.

Nancy Reagen is one of the first "trap queens". Thanks Nancy for letting your husband and affiliated government agencies sell coc aine to Freeway Rick Ross.

Pablo Escobar thanks you from hell.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Honestly, I don't want him there any more than I wanted him at Scalia's funeral.

I do think it would have been respectful for him to not attend some kind of festive event on the same day though.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

LOL, whatever will they do when the boogieman is gone..drama queens

sing a little diddy, do a jig, and then bitch about trump, clinton, or sanders.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I cant stand the guy, however he shouldn't be obligated to go to a funeral.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Honestly, I don't want him there any more than I wanted him at Scalia's funeral.

I do think it would have been respectful for him to not attend some kind of festive event on the same day though.

You talk like he's going to be out there in his lawn chair, smoking a little sumthin, sumthin, and jamming to the tunes of live music with all the other music heads.

There is more to the SXSW festival than just partying.

Known as SXSW, the gathering is a joint technology, film and music festival that brings together leaders in those sectors.

The federal government has convened a project with technologists, as well as advertising and entertainment executives, to better combat extremist messages from groups like ISIS. Leaders from Silicon Valley attended a brainstorming session at the Department of Justice last week.

While in Texas, Obama will discuss "civic engagement in the 21st Century before an audience of creators, early adopters and entrepreneurs who are defining the future of our connected lives," the festival said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I was going to pretty much say what that picture said.

When you don't like someone, you'll find any excuse to complain about them.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A spade....is a spade. If there's enough flies around....there's sh*t nearby.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
I was going to pretty much say what that picture said.
When you don't like someone, you'll find any excuse to complain about them.

I'm sure you've seen my fall-back...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
It's customary for the sitting first lady to attend the funeral of a previous first lady, which is why Michelle Obama is going to the funeral.

Seriously, when did it become a requirement for the President to attend the funerals of every person ever associated with government?

It hasn't--I know plenty of people who are government workers who have died without the White House probably even knowing about it (I doubt that they get a report of how many federal employees died each year, but it wouldn't surprise me if they spend $100M each year on just such a report).

BUT...and it's a pretty notable one...there have only been 45 first ladies in the entirety of the United States (including Mrs. Obama), and out of that 45, there are only now 5 surviving (again, including Mrs. Obama).

So, with that in mind, I would think that the sitting president could take a day out of his life--hell, even just a few hours--to attend the funeral of a first lady of the United States. I'm sure he'd appreciate such a gesture for Michelle.

It's all about paying respects--I'm getting the distinct notion that our president does not respect very many people or the positions they held (by default/marriage, election, appointment, or otherwise).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't believe he is taking any heat for it. He could have held a pillow over her face on live TV and the media and Liberals wouldn't miss a beat in singing his praises.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I don't believe he is taking any heat for it. He could have held a pillow over her face on live TV and the media and Liberals wouldn't miss a beat in singing his praises.

Nope, because most liberals are against any type of violence. Conservatives, on the other hand, would blindly praise any GOP guy.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: xuenchen
Just as well he didn't go.

His presence would have soiled the atmosphere.

One time his arrogance was welcome.

This conversation is jokeshop. Don't the GOP tire of being caricatures with all their manufactured outrage?

It is most hypocritical for "conservatives" to be making this argument as your graphic shows. I was going to reply likewise but opted for review of the thread before typing my reply. So why the double standard right wingers?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Go to a festival and piss off republicans or go to an old woman's funeral. Easy choice. I think Obamas had enough of the republicans and is taking every opportunity to troll their sensitivities. Only 8 years too late.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

WTF, if he didnt want the job why did he take it?

This is HIS FREAKING JOB. Sorry, I dont have to go, you dont have to go....our president does though. He is a state leader.

Joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join