It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes heat for skipping Nancy Reagan's funeral for festival

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well the Joker in Chief does it again! He is being criticized for missing/planning to miss Nancy Reagan's funeral. I personally feel that this is his duty to attend. His arrogance is right up there with the Trumpzilla!!

What say you ATS? Should it be mandatory for a POTUS to attend function/funeral or other wise of past POTUS?

President Obama once again is facing criticism for planning to skip the funeral of a prominent conservative figure, with the president expected to attend a festival over the services Friday for former first lady Nancy Reagan.

Michelle Obama plans to attend the funeral in Simi Valley, California, but the president will instead be in Austin, Texas, for the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, a popular interactive mash-up of music, tech and film.

Obama is set to deliver a keynote speech.

Obama’s decision immediately drew fire from some conservatives, with former 2012 Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann calling the move “self-centered” and “classless.” [/ex]

L I N K

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't want that jerk there anyway. He doesn't rate it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Should it be mandatory for a POTUS to attend function/funeral or other wise of past POTUS?

Since when was she POTUS? If he had attended the same people would be whining about that.

Just Obama Derangement Syndrome at work again.
edit on 9-3-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's customary for the sitting first lady to attend the funeral of a previous first lady, which is why Michelle Obama is going to the funeral.

Seriously, when did it become a requirement for the President to attend the funerals of every person ever associated with government?
edit on 9-3-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I said this on the other thread that was made yesterday. Obama just said 'No'.

Nancy could relate to that, I'm sure.

It's not a crime, but it is a tad unclassy. Only one President has attended the Funeral of a former First Lady in the last 30+ years, it's not an expectation of a President.
edit on 9/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not a fan of him at all but a precedent has been set that POTUS usually does not attend the funerals of first ladies for whatever reason. That said, if I were POTUS, I would feel the need to attend.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

You did? I don't see it. I was under the impression he already said "No", I thought thats why the other thread was created.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Gotta love that fake outrage by certain members, you guys will get another 8 years to blame obama, keep some of those excuse, or youll run out of fake outrage real fast.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Nancy was far too respecful for the likes of a toad such as Obama.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How dare Obama not be PC enough to attend a funeral!!!!

We as the PC police should let him know our outrage!!!!!

PC Rules!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nancy Reagan: 'Thanks Obama!!!!!!'

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

You did? I don't see it. I was under the impression he already said "No", I thought thats why the other thread was created.

'Just say No', was Nancy's creation, it was meant to be humorous, but oh well.

You didn't see it? That's you and a thousand other members.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
200 years from now, when World War 6 breaks out, some people will still be blaming Obama.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just as well he didn't go.

His presence would have soiled the atmosphere.

One time his arrogance was welcome.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Uhm, I guess my whoop and toast that "Ding dong the witch is dead" won't garner many stars on this thread... such is life.

That lady, and really I have no animosity towards her personally, just misplaced aggression and pity, really, is responsible for my own spiral into madness and drug abuse.

Her stupid, stupid "just say no" campaign convinced me that if jokers like her thought drugs were bad, then... well, one can follow that logic train to the black market depot.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Seriously, when did it become a requirement for the President to attend the funerals of every person ever associated with government?

When the President is Obama, as some people just have to whine about anything he does or not do!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Lol, no offense intended, but is that like Obama still blaming Bush after 8 years? Troll off. Or Rush Limbaugh, or Fox news, or Republicans, or angry white men?

I don't know, seems Mr Obama is not much better at hiding bias...OK ok trolling off now..seriously

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

You mean like G. Bush jr? I guess Barracks whining set a precedent

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Just as well he didn't go.

His presence would have soiled the atmosphere.

One time his arrogance was welcome.

This conversation is jokeshop. Don't the GOP tire of being caricatures with all their manufactured outrage?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join