It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence Shows Foul Play, Cover-up by FBI and OSP in Shooting of Lavoy Finicum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
New Evidence Shows Foul Play, Cover-up by FBI and OSP in Shooting of Lavoy Finicum – DOJ Opens New Investigation

The mainstream media called it ‘case closed’ after the FBI released its aerial footage of the ambush and shooting of Lavoy Finicum. Now, new evidence reveals that there was likely foul play and a misrepresentation by Federal and State authorities involved in the recent killing of rancher and protester Lavoy Finicum.

As 21WIRE reported at the time (although ignored by the Oregonian and other mainstream media outlets) that without any audio track to synch with the FBI’s aerial footage, it was impossible to really tell when shots were fired and if the official story was actually true. At the time, FBI Special Agent in Charge, Greg Bretzing, insisted that their footage provided an “honest and unfiltered view” of what happened. However, new evidence tells different story, and appears to demonstrate exactly how the official story was intentionally distorted by authorities in order to cover-up what really happened that day.

At yesterday’s Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office press conference, officials claimed that the state trooper tactical team members were ‘justified’ in killing Finicum because the officers “feared for their lives.” However, authorities are now saying that the FBI agents involved are now being investigated for firing shots… and never reporting them:

21stcenturywire.com...
Now that more evidence has been uncovered, do you all believe the FBI should not be investigated?

Or Do you believe the DOJ will cover up the FBI misconduct and lying?
edit on 9-3-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: Trimmed massive quote.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What the establishment is doing here is throwing the "perpetrators" to the angry mob. There was too many eyes and too much speculation on this for them to just straight get away with it. By sacrificing a few company men they jedi mind trick the masses into thinking that this was just the wrong doing of over zealous trigger happy agents. However their intended message did get delivered: "step out of line and you will be assassinated. We at the top have no concern for a handful of minions that have to be sacrificed to cover up the bloody truth".
edit on 9-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For a "normal traffic stop" they sure were johnny on the spot with firing rounds at the vehicle as it took off from the, in my opinion, half-assed stop when they had to yell and lean out the window just to hear what the cops/feds were trying to say. How convenient of the feds to have the road blocked up ahead before hand.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This kind of stuff seems to run at all levels ,and there is NO ONE who cant be thrown under the bus .
Capone could have only dreamed of having such a gang .

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting video, and while it does show 2 shots (that didn't hit anybody) fired on the truck as soon as finicum got out that needs to be investigated, lets address a few claims made about this event that have been cleared up by this video.

#1: "officers fired on the vehicle before they drove off." They claimed that the reason finicum drove off is because someone leaned their head out and was shot at. I didn't see any indication of that in this video, they just drove off.

#2: "finicum was already shot before he got out of the truck." No shots were fired until the two when he got out of the Truck.

#3: "Finicum wasn't reaching for a gun when he was shot, he was reaching for a wound." The cell phone video shows he was only shot three times, and all three shots came AFTER (a surprising amount after) he started reaching for his pocket.

#4: "There were hundreds of shots fired at the vehicle" Nope

So we've gotten down to "Someone fired 2 shots without reporting them," which is bad for an FBI agent to do for sure, but I think this whole "He was hunted down like a dog!" crap needs to be put to rest.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

New Evidence Shows Foul Play, Cover-up by FBI and OSP in Shooting of Lavoy Finicum

Actually they aren't doing that for what you think...

Officials in Oregon said on Tuesday that state troopers were justified in fatally shooting LaVoy Finicum, who was part of an armed group that had occupied a wildlife refuge, because they feared for their lives.

However, authorities also said that FBI agents involved in the encounter were being investigated for firing shots and never reporting them.

Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson said two bullets believed to be fired by FBI agents did not strike Finicum, who was hit by three rounds fired by state troopers. But Nelson announced at a news conference Tuesday that because the FBI agents “did not disclose their shots to investigators, nor did they disclose specific actions they took after the shooting,” his office and the Justice Department would both investigate.

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />
The two FBI agents are being investigated as to whether they fired two shots and didn't report doing so. So the evidence you think proves foul play isn't because he was shot, which btw the state troopers were justified for the shooting. As for the FBI the two shots that they are being investigated for didn't hit Finicum so they aren't trying to cover anything that has to do with Finicum being killed.

I guess that wasn't mentioned in your source was it?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

How bout being shot in the back? Those Fbi agents or troopers were cowards and deserve to be put on trial.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Leto2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So we've gotten down to "Someone fired 2 shots without reporting them," which is bad for an FBI agent to do for sure

That is all you have.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

You call that a NORMAL traffic stop? Yup, I've run roadblocks before, almost killing officers then not listening to officer instructions and sprinting out of my car. As soon as you 'endanger' lives and not follow instruction the right to use force is present. Complain all you want, but regardless of EXACTLY what happened when he was running in the snow... 3-5 seconds earlier he tried to run a roadblock, and endangered lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Leto2

He was turning towards another officer while reaching for his pocket while he was shot, thats why he was shot in the back. What exactly should they be put on trial for? being a "coward" and shooting someone reaching for a gun isn't a crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Interesting video, and while it does show 2 shots (that didn't hit anybody) fired on the truck as soon as finicum got out that needs to be investigated, lets address a few claims made about this event that have been cleared up by this video.

#1: "officers fired on the vehicle before they drove off." They claimed that the reason finicum drove off is because someone leaned their head out and was shot at. I didn't see any indication of that in this video, they just drove off.

Payne, the tactical leader of the occupation, surrendered after a state trooper fired a plastic tipped 40mm pepper spray round that struck the truck's canopy.
Source

#2: "finicum was already shot before he got out of the truck." No shots were fired until the two when he got out of the Truck.

One of those two troopers moments earlier had fired at Finicum's truck as it barreled toward the police roadblock. That trooper hit the truck with three rounds, investigators concluded.

#3: "Finicum wasn't reaching for a gun when he was shot, he was reaching for a wound." The cell phone video shows he was only shot three times, and all three shots came AFTER (a surprising amount after) he started reaching for his pocket.

We do not know how many times he was shot at. We do not know if that included a taser or pepper rounds or something else. That information has not been released. We can not know that he was reaching for his pocket, only that he was reaching towards his left side.

#4: "There were hundreds of shots fired at the vehicle" Nope

We do not know how many times total the vehicle was fired upon. That information has not been released.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Finicum Autopsy

Internal damage from gunshot wounds can give pain in other places.

Exit wounds also.

Autopsy report Page 2, III, C. says left side exit wound.

Wide open conspiracy !!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That do you mean we don't know how many times he was shot at? Thats the same crap people were saying about the drone footage, That whole argument was predicated on there not being any audio to hear reports. You can clearly hear the three shots that brought Finicum down.

Yes, I don't know how many shots were fired at the vehicle exactly, but I damn sure didn't hear "Hundreds" of bullets hitting the truck at any point.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Leto2

How bout being shot in the back? Those Fbi agents or troopers were cowards and deserve to be put on trial.

Well when you fear for your life, and remember Finicum said this...

And like a monk, Finicum waxed poetic when asked earlier this month whether he was prepared to die rather than go to jail for occupying a federal wildlife refuge in rural Oregon.

“Absolutely,” he told NBC’s Tony Dokoupil on Jan. 5. “I have been raised in the country all my life. I love dearly to feel the wind on my face, to see the sun rise, to see the moon in the night. I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now he's stopped by law enforcement and he's known to carry a gun, but instead of doing what the officers told him he reached for his waist...which is where most carry their pistols...any law enforcement officer will tell you they plan on going home at the end of their shifts...and the last thing they ever want to do is shoot someone.

And yes you have some bad apples...but there's more on the tree that aren't.

And since they were deemed justified by an investigation...they won't be charged or put on trial for it.

The FBI agents biggest problem is they fired two shots and didn't report it....big no, no there.

They didn't hit Finicum and they aren't trying to cover up anything that had to do with the killing...The OP source is a bit slanted with there stories.
edit on 9-3-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

They shot at the vehicle before he got out. It wasn't a traffic stop. and he was turning? So the officer fired his weapon then the man turnwd while the bullet was in travel? Im not saying I'm supporting their protest (though I dont object). But I'm tired of police killing Americans. He never brandished a weapon and as far as I know never threatened the police with violence. Cops are to serve and protect the people, not shoot first ask later. They are cowards.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The two FBI agents are being investigated as to whether they fired two shots and didn't report doing so.

More than that, if they lied about it to investigators.

So the evidence you think proves foul play isn't because he was shot...

Maybe... maybe not. The authorities have not specified everything they are investigating, but have only advised of an ongoing investigation, and that the FBI agents being investigated who did not fire the shots are being investigated for their actions after the fact.

As for the FBI the two shots that they are being investigated for didn't hit Finicum so they aren't trying to cover anything that has to do with Finicum being killed.

Again, that has never been stipulated; and the door has been left wide open for investigation and prosecution for more:

Tim Colahan, Harney County district attorney who asked Norris to handle the shooting investigation, said in a prepared statement that "we will continue to work to determine how the HRT operators' actions played into the events. We reserve the right, as Oregonians, to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions."

Source: Bullet hole on LaVoy Finicum's truck traced to elite FBI team

Note he did not speak to how their "lies" or "statements" played into the "investigation," but how their "actions" played into the "events"... which would include Finicum's death.

If the premature and reckless firing upon Finicum in any way violated his Constitutional rights, and/or provoked the conflict, then those agents can be held criminally liable for Finicum's death.

Provocation of Conflict Doctrine

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If they tried to cover up anything they're in the wrong and shouldn't be in their position. Shouldnt police (or any government agency) be completely transparent?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: Boadicea

That do you mean we don't know how many times he was shot at? Thats the same crap people were saying about the drone footage, That whole argument was predicated on there not being any audio to hear reports. You can clearly hear the three shots that brought Finicum down.

And more... and we know of others from authority statements to that effect.

Yes, I don't know how many shots were fired at the vehicle exactly, but I damn sure didn't hear "Hundreds" of bullets hitting the truck at any point.

I have wondered -- and some have asserted -- that perhaps flashbangs fired under the vehicle or something similar could have echoed or bounced around or in some way sounded like more rounds than were actually fired.

We don't know yet -- those who know won't tell us.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leto2

If they tried to cover up anything they're in the wrong and shouldn't be in their position. Shouldnt police (or any government agency) be completely transparent?

I would add that it further discredits anything and everything they claim, and justifying further investigation. Which, it seems, is happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958 Do you believe the DOJ will cover up the FBI misconduct and lying?

i certainly wouldn't put it past them. all such agencies scratch each others' backs if and when needed. above all other considerations, no doubt.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join