It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden: FBI's claim it can't unlock the San Bernardino iPhone is 'bulls***'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Not just calls. Everything and some.. data too..It would be naive to think that they don't have access ... we are a commercial end user... what makes everyone think encryption is the most safe way to keep private? Because of a fabricated brand we call Apple?

Simple. It's never secure. Ever.
Myself being a ham operator for the past few years if it's taught me anything unless you know it inside out.. the framework around wireless and networking technology is never going to be 100%, ever.
Did you ever think someone with a higher radio frequency could overpower a low powered handheld device?
If it's in the air .. you bet there will always be measures. .. technology that will outsmart.
All it takes is a frequency over 900mhz to ease drop or be a man in the middle.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Y3K89

In the new Battlestar Galactica, they mention that the Galactica does not have networked computers because their enemy, the Cylons are sentient AI (computers). Having a networked computer would be disasterous if their enemy was able to hack into just one. The entire ship would be at risk.

So, when Galactica was faced with a technologically advanced enemy -- they went backwards with their own technology.

With the focus on high-tech eavesdropping, the old methods are going bye-bye. The generation of Cold War spies that employed the "analog" methods of HUMIT and spycraft are dying off...with them, their knowledge and experience.

I hear this is one of the reasons Osama was hard to nail down. He used real human couriers with hand-written notes instead of phones or computers.

*sigh* I tried to tell em' I'd make a great spy but they never listen to me. Oh well, it's not like they'd give me a sweet, tricked out Aston Marin or Jaguar like James Bond anyway...And yes, that would be a prerequisite to me agreeing to employment.

edit on 14-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Maybe Snowden should come back to the US and show the FBI how its done.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Snowden is right, again. This is another case of security theater by the feds. Their goal is legislation to allow them backdoors to all encryption programs.

The SB incident was a false flag, obvious from the beginning. Scott Pelley had the key to it in his hand with the lady who saw 3 athletic males go in and open fire, but Scott through it away in typical fashion for today's "journalists".

This is fear-mongering used to advance a legislative agenda--back door to all encryption programs.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think people are right when they say that the FBI want a back door to all phones, isn't that similar to what they did with PGP many years ago when there were two versions, US and overseas (more secure). However PGP claim that there was never a backdoor - here.

When I installed it many moons ago I had to state that I was living outside the US to get the international version.

An interesting precedent, if you have not heard of it. A link for those interested:

About the PGP case - here

edit on 21-3-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: Typo fixed

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Didn't think it was worth a whole new thread just for this update.

www.bbc.com...

An Israeli company is breaking into the iPhone for the FBI.

Surprised because I still don't think I buy them not being capable of doing it themselves. Wonder what Apple thinks? Will they try to find out what the company does so they can change security features?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join