It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man, a bog and a dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is a story to warm even the coldest of hearts... Man walks dog. falls over and dog stays put.

I have heard similar stories, including a friend who broke her leg and her (normally disobedient) border terriers stayed put, kept her warm and waited for her to be rescued. Would any other animal do this, except perhaps a horse?

UK Daily Mirror

They say a dog is a man's best friend but in this instance it was a pensioner's saviour after he became trapped in a bog.

Police footage shows how loyal black labrador Holly Blue refused to leave his master's side as she struggled to set himself free following the accident.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

My cat Moxy alerts before I have a complicated migraine/anxiety attack. She talks loud and climbs up to my shoulder- believe me, a feat for a Maine Coon that weighs 28 lbs.

Last month, I fainted after an allergic reaction to Magnesium Citrate, when I came to, she was sitting on my head.

She has been trained as a service animal, my doctor has just signed the papers so I can get her ID card.

I am not sure she would wait if I fell in a bog though....

That is an amazing video!!

edit on 9-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Animals are amazing. I watch our lab Finn try and figure things out, it is like watching a little kid. Their loyalty is so much more then us just being the food provider.

I love these stories because it just proves how these animals are much more then just animals, they are our family.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

She would eat you. Cat's are cat's, not companions. The moment you are no longer a cat to them, you are food.

ETA

I am a cat owner. I've had a variety of cats over the last 29 years. I do understand they can love, but i also understand their nature. Nature will always beat what we teach them. I will one day be food for my cats when i am not a "companion."

edit on PMAmerica/Chicago501003pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

top topics

join