It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans sue State Department for Clinton emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just when Hillary thought the email scandals were going away, up jumps a turkey.

The Republican National Committee has filed 2 lawsuits requesting information "after" Hillary left office as Secretary of State on Feb 1, 2013.

They want correspondence within the State Department and text messages between Hillary and her aides.

The RNC originally filed some FOIA requests last December, but so far the SD has not produced anything.

The SD has released many emails to the public over a year, all by court orders.

Never hurts to keep candidates on the level.

Republicans sue State Department for Clinton emails

The Republican National Committee filed two lawsuits on Wednesday seeking to obtain emails related to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's tenure as U.S. secretary of state.

The RNC said it filed the lawsuits after the State Department failed to respond in a timely manner to a Freedom of Information Act request submitted in December. It sought the information to ensure the public has information to decide if Clinton is "fit to serve" as president, the RNC said in a statement.

The first lawsuit seeks emails, BlackBerry Messenger or text messages between then-Secretary of State Clinton and several key senior aides, including her chief of staff, Cheryl Mills, and director of policy planning, Jake Sullivan.

The second lawsuit seeks emails and other electronic exchanges between nearly a dozen State Department officials and any Clinton associate using one of more than a dozen different internet domain names. It covers the period between Feb. 1, 2013, when Clinton left the job, and Dec. 4, 2015.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why doesn't the GOP just get them from the NSA.

After all there is suppose to be congressional 'oversight'.

No fuss.

No muss.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's a PR stunt!

Think about it, those documents that have already been demanded by Congress and it took a judge to enforce their release.

I had FOX news on a guy from the RNC was asked this question "What have you requested that already hasn't been requested?".

They guy totally blew the charade when he didn't have much of an answer!

BUCKLE UP CLEVELAND, OH!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

A stunt of some kind most likely.

I have no doubt there was malfeasance on Clinton's behalf, but what has the GOP really gained out of it all.

Not much if anything.

The last thing the GOP wants is a Sanders presidency.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
this email non issue is gonna get used like obama's birth by a republican few.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
this email non issue is gonna get used like obama's birth by a republican few.

Bombshell: ‘Washington Post’ Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seeker1963

A stunt of some kind most likely.

I have no doubt there was malfeasance on Clinton's behalf, but what has the GOP really gained out of it all.

Not much if anything.

The last thing the GOP wants is a Sanders presidency.

I'm not so sure. Look at how Obama promised to be transparent and bring equality, while doing the opposite of what he promised. Bernie Sanders has been banking on Tax Payer Welfare, for 30 years. I honestly think he will be much easier to control than Obama.

Just my guess, but you have to admit, our government is DAMN GOOD at manipulating people thru indoctrination and propaganda. We sure as hell haven't arrived at this disastrous point in this world because these unselfish, and righteous leaders have made a career of doing the right thing?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-3-2016 by burntheships because: system double post

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is most likely been planned for a time, and my guess
is there are certain things that can be done once a lawsuit
is in court, that cant be done without an active suit.

If they could get her texts, that would be the end of her.

new topics

top topics

join