It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida mom shot in back by 4-year-old son, deputies say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I've never seen a four year-old who could manage to actually pull the trigger on any 45 I've ever seen.

So you or someone else have actually given one or more .45s to a 4 year-old and have seen s/he could not pull the trigger.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, I personally witnessed a 4 year old pull the trigger on an AK, in a very controlled setting of course. He was very amused and enjoyed it. The again the AK has some of the lightest trigger pull, even for a rifle. I believe most pistols have a heavier pull, and a 1911 if it has not been altered for competition usually has a 5-7 lb pull. That would usually be very difficult for a 4 year old to shoot, and likely why its heavier.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Perhaps I should have worded that more succinctly. It is a matter of the size of the child's hand vs. the size of the gun. At four years old the fingers are about half the size they will attain as an adult. The average four year old's fingers are simply not long enough to reach and exert the necessary pressure to pull the trigger on the average .45---thus my suspicions of the mother's story.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

have you read the same thread as i have .

example ?

what is the make and model of the " 0.45 firearm " that is linked to this incident ?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I have not seen any make or corresponding model..I have seen a pic of a disassembled 1911 "style" handgun that I believe comes from one of her own postings. Seriously fill us in if you have caught something that we haven't.
Cheers
edit on 14-3-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

question - what is the make and model of the " 0.45 firearm " that is linked to this incident ?

its not a trick question - i dont know the answer

the only thing i have " caught " is the fact that no reportage i have read has answered this question

in light of the replies on this thread - i was hoping that the is was my failing

but it would seem not

as for the picture of the 1911 clone - that is a firearm ms glint has self reported to own - thats it

no evidence presented that its linked to her GSW .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join