It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private thread via invite only

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: EvillerBob

do members wanting to suppress the "flat-earth" threads qualify?...can we all as members of ATS recognize that the world is NOT flat?....how low does an intellectual bar have to be set, before we acknowledge our earth is indeed round????

your opinion sir is simply that.

An opinion that the earth is round.

Show me proof of this "concept"

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
a reply to: reldra

Your missing the point....OP is trying to create a forum where you don't have to have thicker skin, or deal with trolls, he's asking if it's possible to create this , and how can you create this ? .....he wants a forum where you don't have to just sit back and deal with it, just because ....he wants to create something New to help ATS members who are fed up.

OK, so a member gets "fed up" with all those nasty people criticising his threads, so he starts one of OP's special protected class of thread, which he titles "Blacks and Women shouldn't be allowed to vote or make financial decisions". Only people who agree are invited. Moderators immediately remove anyone who dissents.

Is this right? Is this what ATS should become? Is the fact that OP is fed up with being challenged actually enough justification for them to go unchallenged?

"Babies only need to eat sunlight to survive."

"Eating liquorice makes you sober enough to drive even after a bottle of vodka."

We can't tell one person to change a stupid world view that is dangerous to them and all around them, but should we be blocked from preventing other susceptible people from being tricked into following?
edit on Ev21WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 09 Mar 2016 13:21:50 -06008482016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This fits into the top 5 dumbest ideas.

SMH.

link   
a reply to: tadaman

If it can stand up to casual scrutiny don't post it.

I don't think that making the virtual equivalent of the Cool Kids Table is really conducive to useful discussion anyway.

link   
a reply to: intrptr
Hey buddy I read your posts and agree with much.....don't get down...id friend you but wouldn't have a clue how or even if they still do that.....Your level headed and intuitive comments make me smile(or grimace) more often than not.....
Nay my friend you are no pariah....

Its a pissoff to have some off the wall idea you've posted for discussion derailed by some nittpicky arse who really has nothing to input but bitching over spelling grammar, poetic licence (they practically demand to see it)or other side issues that twist the thread into unrecognizable babble.....
I hate trying to get a message across and have no return but idiocratic crap....
Its always come with the territory and it seems theres no way around it till the education system gets put right.....

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

SMH.

I am pretty sure there have been a damn sight more than five worst ideas here on ATS over the years.

fnwo.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

SMH.

I am pretty sure there have been a damn sight more than five worst ideas here on ATS over the years.

fnwo.

Even a million can still have a top 5.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

SMH.

It is an idea that doesn't fit with a debate forum, doesn't mean its dumb.

Your post is...ironic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

SMH.

fnwo.

I'd love to see a thread with the top 10 worst ideas on ATS lol

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)
(post by jimmyx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Isn't this kind of like the very first thing people became interested in on the internet, I believe they were called chat rooms, just sayin.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thus pronounceth it dumb....
The kernel of it is somewhat valid....
Why not then have the U@U system work for multiple recipients and go underground in that system for semi private discussions...problem solves by invite only, and the rest of the plebes must tread the boads for meat.....
Doth that satisfy the crowd?
edit on 9-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Perhaps if you had a paid account with ATS or was a supporting member then maybe an Idea like this could be tweaked in someway as a benefit for a paid subscription.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

I wouldn't pay for it, sounds boring as #, a place for everyone just agreeing with each other lol

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

"Have to have thicker skin. Alert the person who posted that. Or simply ignore them. Or tell them it isn't appropriate in your reply. You have lots of choices. Make them look immature. They might eventually realize they look like a fool.
"

No I don't have to,have thicker skin...that is exactly what OP is trying to get rid of....you shouldn't have to deal with the insults....you should be able to have an adult conversation ....with out running and " Tattling" to the mods . As you suggested in a few posts above.

And even if you do that, they do not touch posts made 48 hours before they got reported. So you have to stay online as much as possible. If you are gone for 2 days and an insulting post has been posted directed at you (and no one else has reported it), nothing will be done about it.
That is by the way the only forum I have been on that have such ridiculous moderator rules.
edit on 9-3-2016 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

Not sure what happened, but the quote is messed up, but shows as correct when I try to edit. The first paragraph under the quote is part of the quote.
edit on 9-3-2016 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well I don't think this idea will fly, at least at present. Maybe once the financing thing gets sorted out they may make a forum just for contributors to have their own threads, with a password or something. But that would just be a chatroom in slow motion to my mind. Plus it is just a thought I had, no idea if it would happen at all.

Mods keep saying report derailing and stuff, I imagine that if those types of comments are reported more, it will happen less. But I guess you have to explicitly explain why you consider it to be non-relevant/derailing, and let them sort it out from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Hex1an

I wouldn't pay for it, sounds boring as #, a place for everyone just agreeing with each other lol

Yeah, what he said.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

SMH.

fnwo.

Even a million can still have a top 5.

Yes but with a milion silly ideas I would say that this would not be in the top 5.

Flat earth, Jon Titor, David Icke was right,

That only leaves 2 so does this idea warrent one of the remaining ones?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: tadaman

I think that would be great for those that ONLY want to reinforce their current thought process, rather than getting to the truth of the matter.

Opposing views or challenging your thought process is not necessarily a bad thing?

Who said anything about that?

I was thinking the Poster of the thread would be able to create a list of 10-100 users they thought provided good material, conversation, and insight, regardless of views.
I would invite people I know would give me a good debate.

I would NOT invite people who couldnt have a professional debate.

Not to mention the fact that, if youre posting original work, then you wouldn't know the views of the people you invite.

edit on 9-3-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join