It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold that war,,,,We are running out of fighter jocks.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
a reply to: Zaphod58
Perhaps the thrust to unmanned drones and AI independent aircraft is the answer in future....

Of course it is, they are cheaper and have no morals. They want to phase out human soldiers as fast as they can.

Question is will that cause more war casualties or less?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

That will leave us even more pilots "short".....the idea of conflict may have to be re-thunk.....
I can see where drone and robot troops could eliminate most military personell....
say by 2050 we have no flesh n blood army in a combat designation....wouldnt that make it terribly easy for the government to control the masses?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

As fast as they can? You're kidding right? You've never watched the fight over this. The services are fighting tooth and nail against unmanned vehicles. . I've seen some battles that I fully expected to end in bloodshed. Just look at the Navy UCLASS program.

Originally UCLASS was going to be one of the most advanced uav platforms being flown. Then the Navy started deciding they had manned platforms that could do portions of the mission as well, so they'd save a little here by removing this or that, until it wasn't much more than a Predator launched from a carrier.

Now they've essentially killed it in favor of turning it into a tanker that doesn't go far from the ship, with an extremely limited recon and strike capability eventually.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That figures....itll take a new generation of high command to swap out the old tech for the new....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join