It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Today neww broke that North Korea 'has miniature nuclear warhead', according the the North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un.

State media published images showing the North's leader standing next to what it said was a miniaturised weapon. The claim is impossible to verify from the images alone and experts have long cast doubt on such assertions. The North has stepped up its bellicose rhetoric in response to the UN imposing some of its toughest sanctions. The move by the Security Council came after the North conducted its fourth nuclear test and launched a satellite, both of which broke existing sanctions.

www.bbc.co.uk...

However these claims made by Kim Jong-un are yet to be questioned.
edit on 09America/Chicagov08am331300 by deviant300 because: error fix

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

In the late 1980's the Russians had briefcase nukes and some the size of softballs. They were limited yield but they could be purchased on the black market if one had the right connections for the same price as a new BMW 3 series. Who's to say the nutbar in the NK hasn't laid his fat filled mitts on a few of these and repurposed them? NK did have some pretty good centrifuge technology back in the 80's.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/9.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

In the late 1980's the Russians had briefcase nukes and some the size of softballs. They were limited yield but they could be purchased on the black market if one had the right connections for the same price as a new BMW 3 series. Who's to say the nutbar in the NK hasn't laid his fat filled mitts on a few of these and repurposed them? NK did have some pretty good centrifuge technology back in the 80's.

Cheers - Dave

I had heard about briefcase bombs, but softball sized?

From my reading, I couldn't even find proof of a suitcase bomb, let alone something as small as a softball. The smallest nukes built and deployed were roughly 50 pound backpack nukes, not counting the weight of the backpack itself, Obviously never used.

edit on 9-3-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
well i dont think it can be that hard to build a small nuke all you need is some uranium or is it plutonium then you compact it in some way i think and then instead of using tnt or C4 ?? you mite need to use some sort of electric jolt a power full one to slam the elements together of which will make a chine reaction ie a nuke bomb explosion i think lol and all that will fit in football lol

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

Then I guess we have them huh?

Ummmm....no. Unfortunately not.

And old Kimmy is just a BS artist.

I can't wait for him to be shown how the big boys play. I just feel sorry for his deluded public.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

I think we need to send in a black ops team to grab little Kim, then get one of them softball size nukes and grease it up real good and, well loose the nuke, where the sun don't shine . I am sure you see where this is going. Well just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Cheers - Dave

I think we need to send in a black ops team to grab little Kim, then get one of them softball size nukes and grease it up real good and, well loose the nuke, where the sun don't shine . I am sure you see where this is going. Well just my thoughts.

I agree, with one added twist... I think you shouldn't grease it, rather put it in a pineapple and do a few insert/removal test runs first. Remember hitler in the movie little Nickie? Lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
North Korea nullifying all economic agreements with the South.

Yonhap News

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wow! I thought this was breaking but it happened several days ago...

Source: UPI: U.S. official: North Korean submarine missing, possibly sunk

WASHINGTON, March 12 (UPI) -- A North Korean submarine stationed off the nation's eastern coast was reported missing by United States military officials who observed the vessel.

U.S. officials told CNN North Korea lost contact with the submarine, as spy satellites, aircraft and ships watched North Korean navy searched the surrounding ocean.

It is believed the submarine experienced some type of failure, although it is unclear whether it sunk or is simply floating beneath the sea.

I wonder who Glorious Leader will have "exulted" in this incident?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here is a good write up by NPR As North Korea Acts Out A Search For Kim Jong Un's Motives

The article lists this year's activities. Even has a picture of the "disco ball" nuke Glorious Leader is standing behind. The idea is that KJU is trying to make his regime legit. But then it ends with "the government is preparing for all possibilities" which I think nullifies their own headline.

There is a party congress in May that everybody will be watching out for and what shenanigans will happen prior to the event.
edit on 23-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

North Korea has fired a short-range missile into the Sea of Japan, according to South Korean military officials cited by Yonhap News Agency.
DETAILS TO FOLLOW

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

Hm, there seems to be very little land to hit in the Sea of Japan.
If the report is true and this did hit land, we should be a little more concerned than usual. This would have hit Ulleungdo Island (off the coast of SK) or one of the several islands around Japan.

If NK has just hit a Japanese island then we should all be paying a little more attention to this.

Of course it could just be that NK hit a sand bank that's so insignificant it's not claimed by anyone or even on any map. Let's hope that's the case. I doubt Japan would sit back and do nothing after being attacked in such a way.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It really doesn't matter if it hit anything. This is is considered provocation.
Also keep in mind, that Japan is been very vocal against aggression towards its country.

The missile was fired from the North Korean resort town at Wonsan at 5:40 p.m. (08:40 GMT) and flew northeast over the sea for about 200 kilometers (124 miles) before it appeared to make contact with land, Yonhap reported.

It comes just one week after the North reportedly launched additional short-range missiles in the direction of the Sea of Japan.

Maybe someone can help me understand this bit, does this mean the missile exploded in the air, or does this mean the missile made contact with the land?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

I believe it just exploded over the ocean,NK military and their tech are behind outdated.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
It really doesn't matter if it hit anything. This is is considered provocation.
Also keep in mind, that Japan is been very vocal against aggression towards its country.

It certainly does matter.
If it didn't make contact with land and simply fell into the sea, Japan can brush it off with rhetoric and defiant statements while going to the UN about further sanctions against NK.

If it hit Japanese land, it's more than a provocation and would be considered an act of war.

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
Maybe someone can help me understand this bit, does this mean the missile exploded in the air, or does this mean the missile made contact with the land?

It states that it made contact with land.

But, after checking this myself and calculating the distances, this could not have come anywhere near Japan. 200km from Wonsan in any direction out to sea would hit nothing of any importance.

They would need to reach something like 800km to hit Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
North Korea tells citizens to 'prepare themselves for famine'

I think this famine could be worse than the one in the 1990s when up to 3 million died.
Because almost every country is withdrawing support.
Even china has removed them from the priority trade list.

If it happens could it bring about a coup or revolution?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What is Conan O'Brien doing in NK??

Source: Deadline.com Conan Claims He’s First American Late-Night Host To Shoot In North Korea

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you take a look at the North Korean A-bomb you see that some of the discs (explosives) are surrounded by only 5 other discs while most are surrounded by six others. What it is is a soccer ball with an explosive on each face and each vertex (corner). The Fat Man bomb dropped on Nagasaki was a soccer ball with an explosive on each face, 32 explosives. A soccer ball has 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons, thus giving the Nagasaki bomb 32 sides. A soccer ball has 60 vertices (corners). The North Korean bomb has an explosive at the center of every pentagon and hexagon plus at every vertex. This totals 92 explosives. The Nagasaki bomb had a combination of fast and slow explosives on each face so that the burn would reach the sphere underneath it at the same time. The sphere underneath it was another layer of explosives. This combination ensured uniform compression of the core (en.wikipedia.org...). Since the North Korean bomb has almost three times as many explosives surrounding the core, I don't think they have to use this trick to get a pretty much uniform compression. They could possibly do away with the entire inner layer of explosives. This makes the bomb smaller than the Fat Man.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well the NK Worker's Party is nearly upon us. It is viewed internally as very important as it is only held every 36 years. So what does Kim Jong Un do? Of course! Make a declaration.

Free movement in and out of the capital has also been forbidden and there has been an increase in inspections and property searches.

Independent (UK) - Kim Jong-un bans weddings, funerals and freedom of movement in North Korea

Wonder what other declarations are to come out of their gathering?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
What is Conan O'Brien doing in NK??

Source: Deadline.com Conan Claims He’s First American Late-Night Host To Shoot In North Korea

He wasn't filming in North Korea, he was filming in the room used by both North and South to have meetings over the border, he just moved a foot to the north and claimed he was in North Korea.
The site is used by both, and technically it was dangerous to do so considering the heightened state between the two sides. The North could have used that as an excuse to provoke tensions even more.

He's an irresponsible idiot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join