It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So for those who think Trump's profanity is un-presidential

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: UnBreakable

Please, PLEEEZE...do not compare trump to other presidents... he is a one of a kind.

This wasn't meant to compare his gravtas to other presidents. This was to show how his coarse language has been shared by some of those who've been elected as POTUS. You've completely missed the gist of the article.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Judging by his own words The Donald is an ignorant sleazebag who gets offended when people cast aspersions as to the size of his schlong.
The man shouldn't be allowed anywhere near real power and come November he will be obliterated by either Hillary or Bernie.

Wait till he finds out Hillary has a bigger schlong than him.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe I do.

Since Persia changed it's name to Iran. After Htler visited.

The 'ancestral' homeland of the German people was 'Persia'.

And since the creation of the STATE of Isreal the Supreme leader has been picking up where Hitler left off.

With their puppet States Like Syria, and their 'blackwater' type PMC's rocketing the hell out of them evil Jews.

By the by?

Here is something MORE current.

Your a Nazi! No YOUR a Nazi! No You are. No YOU ARE!

Back to the flippant topic which was about TRUMP.

??????????????
Hitler never visited Persia.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Since the time of Zoroaster (circa 1000 BC), Iranians have called their country “Aryānām” (the equivalent of “Iran” in the proto-Iranian language). Iran was the name used by its native people. It means “Land of the Aryans” in Persian.

www.independentsentinel.com...

Sure he 'didn't'.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Since Persia changed it's name to Iran. After Htler visited.

The 'ancestral' homeland of the German people was 'Persia'.

Holy bad at geography and history.

I think you're confusing Persia with Prussia first and foremost. Secondly, it's completely wrong to refer to Prussia as the "ancestral homeland" of the Germans.

EDIT:

Oh, this is even worse than I thought. You realize that the whole Nazi myth of the master "Aryan race" was nonsense right? That a master race of blonde supermen dispersed across the globe, founding civilizations and having their pure blood corrupted by interbreeding with the indigenous people who were of inferior "races" ("Untermenschen" like Poles, Slavs, etc) is complete twaddle?

Furthermore, you're even mangling that BS mythology which held that the Aryans came from what was essentially Atlantis and originally settled in Scandinavia and migrated into Europe and Asia from there (including what would later be Persia). So in this crazy Nazi mythology, the mythical ancestral homeland of not just the Germans, but all "races" of men believed to be descended from the pure Aryan stock would have been Atlantis (at least the in terms of the Aryan part of the alleged ancestry).
edit on 2016-3-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Since the time of Zoroaster (circa 1000 BC), Iranians have called their country “Aryānām” (the equivalent of “Iran” in the proto-Iranian language). Iran was the name used by its native people. It means “Land of the Aryans” in Persian.

www.independentsentinel.com...

Sure he 'didn't'.

Erm, did you even read your cite? It doesn't say that Hitler ever visited Iran. It just says that some of the Nazis thought that Aryan = Iran and that there was some kind of mystical link.
So, once again, Hitler never visited Iran. The furthest East he ever made it was to his Ukrainian HQ some time in 1942.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UnBreakable

There are people who do not like the vulgarity and saying others did it isn't going to change their minds.

And fair play to them, my own parents didn't swear as a matter of course, while I do ahem, sometimes.

Perhaps, 'mixed company' is the keyword, or the rule of thumb, however that seems a lost art nowadays, even more there are those who can manage a swear word in between the syllables of another word these times.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's not his profanity or tell it like it is speech...it's the context like these quotes.

“(John McCain is) not a war hero…. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, (Carly Fiorina’s) a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

That's what we don't like about what the's saying. That's what's not presidential.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Trump has my vote, but I cringe when I hear him address sitting U.S. Senators as "Lying Ted" and "Little Marco". Maybe I'm still too old fashioned by believing in the dignity of these high offices. Senators are treated like royalty when visiting other countries.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

He is adding a new element into it of himself being flexible for negotiating purposes in the future, he is also showing the kind of strength and confidence that Americans want in the Whitehouse. I think once all of the bickering and elections are over he is going to turn into his pragmatic self and start reorganizing and changing things to a more fiscally sound formula.

I think so, too.

I think his 'stage presence' for now is mostly to garner the angry and 'vulgar' folks......obviously he's winning voters.
I don't think he is stupid - he's organizing his ducks using whatever works - but I think if he gets to the Oval Office, he will start brokering deals - Congress will have to negotiate like they've refused to do under Obama.

Being flexible and knowing how to negotiate is the key.
As for me, personally, I have the same affliction of "no filter" that he does. I say what I think. It's taken me 50 years to learn to control it. (ATS T&Cs make it hard sometimes, but I still live here, happily!).

Nevertheless, the Dem debates are so far above and beyond the caliber of the GOP melee that I LOVED IT when Bernie said, in response to the difference, that if he wins, he will improve mental health care - a need which is especially appropriate for every GOP candidate except Kasich.

Please make no mistake, I am NOT a Trump supporter -
but still. It is what it is. If Kasich can't get there, I'd far rather have Trump than Cruz or Rubio. If those are the choices, and my guy Bernie doesn't win, then I'd be "okay" to see what Trump can actually do.

edit on 3/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ted and Marco are upstart twerps.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You are right.....it's very "unpresidential". Like I said, Kasich is the only one left who has some "presidential bearing."

Still, I think this is all more "reality tv ratings" so far. The GOP debates have been ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Trump has my vote, but I cringe when I hear him address sitting U.S. Senators as "Lying Ted" and "Little Marco". Maybe I'm still too old fashioned by believing in the dignity of these high offices. Senators are treated like royalty when visiting other countries.

I worry about our international standing. It's easy to sit back and say Obama isn't very presidential because of this or that, but I can't think of a candidate lately or a president that is this insulting to people. What's going to happen when he does that to Putin or some other leader we're trying to make a deal with? Maybe he's just playing to the crowds but I don't think so.

<< 1  2   >>

join