It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Missionary Sentenced To 40 Years For Sexual Assaulting Kenyan Orphans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: eluryh22

Seriously? Did you mean to say that or were you not thinking at the time you posted....?

It's true. Religion does attract these sub-humans. So does government, and any other place they can infect, that gives them unhindered access to their victims. Like it or not, sexual deviancy is rampant in the church. I dealt with it first-hand, and heard from pastors and other counselors that it is a big problem for the church, and one of its "best kept secrets". Fortunately, most pastors and counselors will report it pronto. But then, what do you expect when you consistently oppress, and make dirty, a natural part of who we are as a species. It's going to come out some where, and it isn't gonna be pretty.

To play devil's advocate here, it's not religion that draws these sickos to it, and it's foolish to label it as such. What really draws these sickos out is power. More often than not, whenever you read about cases like this, it's someone who's been put in a position of power/trust. Doesn't matter if it's as low as a babysitter, father, uncle, friend, clergyman, politician, or in this case, missionary. It's usually done by someone who's put in a position of power/trust who believes that because of their position they won't be caught.

Something tells me that this guy felt he'd be ok because of the fact that he's a missionary in another country. He probably felt that even if they spoke up, who would believe them??

Which is why I said...

It's true. Religion does attract these sub-humans. So does government, and any other place they can infect, that gives them unhindered access to their victims.

My point being, the church likes to think of themselves as immune, but the truth is, the church has no less of a problem with this, as well as other issues related to it, than does the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It certainly didnt take long to turn a tragic story, into a religion bashing thread, personally I would be much more offended by the systemic abuse perpetrated by the UN in Africa.

Un abuse

Wiki on UN abuse

In the 1996 U.N. study The Impact of Armed Conflict on Children, former first lady of Mozambique Graça Machel documented: "In 6 out of 12 country studies on sexual exploitation of children in situations of armed conflict prepared for the present report, the arrival of peacekeeping troops has been associated with a rapid rise in child prostitution." [3]

Eight years later, Gita Sahgal spoke out with regard to the fact that prostitution and sex abuse crops up wherever humanitarian intervention efforts are set up. She observed: "The issue with the UN is that peacekeeping operations unfortunately seem to be doing the same thing that other militaries do. Even the guardians have to be guarded."[4]

So at least since 1996 the UN has been raping its way across Africa... but sure go ahead and focus on religion as the problem.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And to think there are actually people advocating right here in our own country that pedophilia be called a 'sexual orientation'. I guess that is supposed to ameliorate the gut-wrenching horror when we hear one has acted out or given in to their 'orientation'. I'm disgusted with the sickening decline of the human condition.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The punishment that this guy deserves he will unfortunately never receive.

That being said....

What is it with the Christian religion and attracting these sickos?

Seriously? Did you mean to say that or were you not thinking at the time you posted....?

Krazy's entire post was made just to make that statement.
He is probably still mad at mom and dad for making him go to Sunday school.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it is not a standard Cristian cop out, its a standard sociopath cop out, but if you want to continue your anti religion crusade go ahead and paint all Christians one color based on this incident.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sounds like he identifies as a muslim refugee in europe having a "sex emergency" like that refugee who raped a 10 year old boy at a German pool a couple of weeks ago.

Muslim child sexual abuse is widely practiced and accepted from bacha bazi boys to emulating muhammed himself fondling his six year old bride Aisha and finally penetrating her as soon as she turned nine.

Unlike some muslims, christians and other non-muslims universally condemn and punish sexual molestation and rape of children.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sicko abusers enjoy taking advantage of regions because they feel they can get away with it, unfortunately often do get away with it.

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Why was he tried in the United States? Is child molestation not a crime in Kenya? I'm fairly certain that this monster would have gotten much worse than 40-years if the Kenyans had their way with him.

Disgusting

Yeah he would have and needs to face the time there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join