It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rendlesham glyphs in Penniston’s notebook could be hieroglyphs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I recently visited a museum where Egyptian hieroglyphs were displayed. I saw two hieroglyphs there that looked a lot like two of the symbols scribbled in Jim Penniston’s notebook.

In this picture, at the top right, you can see these same hieroglyphs. One looks like a fat capital A without the horizontal line, the other one is right next to it, a rectangular base with a cone on top:
picture

So I decided to dig in a little deeper.

Egyptian hieroglyphs each have a name, so I’ll give you the links to the lists with their names and refer to them by name from now on:

Names starting with A-L:
A to L

Names starting with M-Z:
M to Z

The two hieroglyphs I described above are ‘bread-cone’ and ‘hotep’. The bread-cone means ‘give’ and the hotep stands for ‘peace’. So together they mean something like ‘give peace’.

The bread-cone and the hotep can be recognized in Penniston’s scribbles, in the middle of the page. The bread-cone has three little things above it and the hotep seems a little too thick and narrow, but the basic shapes match:
Notebook scribbles

I even found a picture of a very ancient hotep hieroglyph that matches the general size and thickness of the one in Jim’s notebook:
ancient hotep

What about the rest of Jim’s scribbles? Could they be copies of hieroglyphs, too?

The first one, on the top left of the page, I could not identify. But the flag-like symbol next to it is the ‘flag’ hieroglyph, which stands for ‘god’. And the three vertical stripes next to it simply mean ‘plural’, i.e., ‘gods’ instead of ‘god’.

On the second line of the notebook page we have the bread-cone followed by the hotep, as explained, but what could these three things above the bread-cone mean?
It appears that three stripes next to each other can mean ‘plural’, but can also mean ‘we’ or ‘us’.

So together we have something like ‘gods we give peace’.

Now we can try the last one at the bottom of the page, the triangle within a sort of circle with things at two corners of the triangle. This could very well be the ‘float’ hieroglyph scribbled down in a hurry. The float stands for ‘to provide’, ‘to supply’, or ‘to equip’. It is a triangle, with a circular form around it and a smaller conical box at each corner of the triangle.

‘… gods we provide and give peace’ …?

It is interesting to note that, according to Wikipedia, ‘hieroglyphs’ meant ‘words of the gods’ in ancient Egypt.

Any thoughts? Any experts on hieroglyphs on this forum?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

It would be helpful if you posted the symbols from Peniston's notebook for comparison to the Egyptian symbols.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I dont know, I think I preferred Eric Oullet's interpretation of these (Illuminations).

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackSunDog
Thanks for the info, would you have a ref/link to Eric Oullet interpretation ?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Given that Penniston's story has expanded like supernova since 1980 then I have major doubts.

In his original witness statement he never got close enough to see anything on the craft. So he's either been making up porkie pies or even worse someone has planted false memories in the guy.

I tend to think the idea from those symbols or glyphs that Penniston drew were inspired by someone looking at Egyptian hieroglyphics first.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I saw two hieroglyphs there that looked a lot like two of the symbols scribbled in Jim Penniston’s notebook.

Okay, well, thanks. What would have kept Penniston from seeing that as well? In other words: what has kept Penniston from referencing hieroglyphs when formulating his "symbols"?

...could be...

In other words: So what?

edit on 9-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What? No one likes that I said, "So what?"?

So what?

Listen, this is one aspect of this case that we all need to agree on:

This phenomenon? Based on how this case has gone?

It has two possible sources:

1. The goddamned weather.

2. Some technology that mimics the same phenomenon induced in people by the weather.

That phenomenon needs to have a purpose in the world.

You following me?

The weather needs no purpose, at least not one that requires any speculation to make this post work, so let's set that aside for right now.

Someone mimicking this weather phenom: Yes, it needs a purpose in the world, because purpose is what supports budgets.

You keeping up?

That purpose can be described as a "payload". The goddamned thing is out there because it is meant to deliver a payload.

That payload? Is these stupid "hieroglyphics" that this thread is referencing?

Any questions?

edit on 11-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Just because a few random Egyptian hieroglyphs (from different periods) kind of have a similar geometric shape to some of the liar Penniston's doodles means nothing. The resemblances are a stretch, at best. If there were even just one that matched, you might be able to present a (rather poor) case, but you don't even have that.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, Guest101. Investigation such as this is not to be knocked. Keep at it.

edit on FriAmerica/ChicagofFri, 11 Mar 2016 10:00:25 -0600am1003America/Chicago331 by Defragmentor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for that picture, Defragmentor, it really shows how the shapes of Jim’s glyphs match actual hieroglyphs.

Not only that, but together they seem to tell something about ‘gods who provide and give peace’.
(Many flags, of a flag followed by three vertical lines above each other, can be translated to ‘gods’, and the ‘float’ can also mean ‘to provide’ or ‘to equip’.)

I really don’t know what to think of it.
The binary codes are a proven fake to me (because they match the tele atlas Woodbridge coordinates of that time (2010) in 7 decimals, which is extraordinary since the public maps only had 6 decimal accuracy. Oddly, all other coordinates that followed after this criticism have 6 decimals).

So who made these glyphs, and why? Was it Jim? Did he just make up some random glyph-alike figures that happen to match? Did he copy them from a museum or website? Did he get help from someone?

As always: More questions than answers … and I don’t have the answers.

top topics

join