It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's more racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: ButsDuge

When Mexico sends its people

I have never seen any evidence that Mexico actually sent people here. My understanding is the people come here on their own accord.
Yes, Mexico has nothing at all to gain from sending its poor to our country.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeah, I stopped on that part as well and pondered it. Then I read the statement looking at it as if he was sying it and I believe he was saying all those things in conjunction with each other which would make sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I have never seen any evidence that Mexico actually sent people here. My understanding is the people come here on their own accord.

Why would the government need to get involved. The poor have a tendency to migrate of their own free will like they have been doing for centuries.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

Do whatever mental gymnastics you want, but the fact remains that the Mexican Government is not sending people to the US and no brochure changes that fact.

I remember when Sarah Palin talked about how people can go to Canada and get free health care like her family did. Even though she was the Governor when she said it, she was not sending people to Canada for health care.

Maybe you disagree since those things are pretty equal.

I guess you don't need to provide any actual proof of all these "facts" that you claim to know, since dodging the documented facts provided on this thread is just as effective.

Mental gymnastics sounds awfully hard, but you sure are a natural at it.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You haven't shown any documented evidence that the Mexican government sends people to the US, but you did provide an article with a bunch of second-hand stories that haven't been substantiated. On top of that your article never claimed that their government was sending people.

My claim is the government isn't sending people to the US you want proof/evidence of something that isnt happening.

Think about that.

On the other hand, if their government is sending people finding evidence of it would be atainable.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

really? i never heard of brochures to help illegal border crossing. wouldnt happen to have a pic or a link to back that up would you?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Apparently, you aren't paying attention.

Mexican Govt Manual for Entering US Illegally
edit on 9-3-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Can white people be racist against themselves?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I have addressed that several times in this thread. It is not at all like what the headline makes out to be. On top of that an informative brochure doesn't constitute a government sending people anywhere.

Apparently, you aren't paying attention.

Define paying attention because that exact link has been presented in this thread 3 times already.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

In both you would demonstrate a gross lack of understanding of basic concepts dealing with race, but more importantly dealing with culture and attributing culture and socio-economic traits to climatolgical adaptations. The notion of "race" as we see it is not a scientific term, since there is no distinct race. (People do have a basic understanding of genetics, right?) What people mean is "culture" of said people. This is not the 1800s, though some would wish it was.

The people to listen to this nonsense are actually the losers in this. The ones saying this are smarter than that. They are full of BS and then they feed that to people, vying for the most extreme on either side.

If you fall for it, you deserve for one side to call you names. You chose a camp. A dumb politicians camp or a dumb elitists camp....vote accordingly.

edit on 3 9 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I have addressed that several times in this thread. It is not at all like what the headline makes out to be. On top of that an informative brochure doesn't constitute a government sending people anywhere.

Yeah, my bad. Hit the response before I saw someone else linked.

However, you can parse words all you want. The government is most certainly encouraging it through their inaction. I'm sure no government is going to outright say "immigrate to America" but they can obviously encourage it through inaction and other policies designed to have that result.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I haven't seen the actual brochure but from what I have read it doesn't look like encouragement.

A Mexican Manual for Illegal Migrants Upsets Some in U.S.

The guidebook also advises would-be migrants to avoid hiring professional immigrant-smugglers and to refuse to carry packages for others. It also instructs people never to lie to border officials, carry false documents or resist arrest.

"Guide for the Mexican Migrant" was to warn migrants of the dangers they might face if they choose to slip illegally into the United States.

Looks more like they are trying to keep people from losing their lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Donald Trump: Stated what most people already know. Stating a fact is not racist. We have uneducated migrants from Mexico coming here illegally. This is vastly different from say educated Indians or Asians over staying a student visa after completing college. Many of these illegals are a huge strain on our system - particularly hospitals, public education, and justice system.

Bernie Sanders: I understand what Bernie was trying to say but it definitely was gross exaggeration. I'd wager most black people don't know what it is like to grow up in the ghetto either. After all, most of us don't actually grow up in ghettos. The statement also completely dismisses the fact that there are plenty of whites and other races who also grow up disadvantaged. Some of the predominately white trailer parks I saw growing up in the south were definitely rougher than my black lower middle class neighborhood.

The problem I have with Sanders and other white progressive liberals like him is that they are patronizing and paternalistic to black folks. They kind of take this position like black people simply are incapable of helping ourselves. Only through the graciousness of white guilt are black people ever going to make it. It is like patting me on the head like I am a five year old.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Early last year I had seen a video of Bernie talking about the current trends with prison systems mainly how they have been privatized and linked to various law enforcement retirement plans and such.

The more people in prison the more money they get. He is against such a system that has a tendency to persecute demographics that do not have the money to fight in court. So if you look at his speech especially where he talks about unfair harassment it makes a lot more sense.

The privatized prison system has been one of his big issues which he has been rallying against for years.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
One statement is accurate, but not allowed to be discussed because of today's politically correct ridiculousness.

The other statement is completely false and bananas crazy.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why would the government need to get involved. The poor have a tendency to migrate of their own free will like they have been doing for centuries.

Because it's easier to send your criminals and poor somewhere else, rather than deal with them yourself. How have you missed all the propaganda put out by the Mexican government to promote and assist illegal immigration in to this country?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Because it's easier to send your criminals and poor somewhere else, rather than deal with them yourself.

Like how Cuba did back in the 80s?

If Mexico ever does the same there would be need for concern.

How have you missed all the propaganda put out by the Mexican government to promote and assist illegal immigration in to this country?

If you are talking about the one brochure that has been brought up in this thread repeatedly that seems to be about advising them not to do certain things that could get them killed I have read about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

While Donald Trump is fun to make fun of, almost as much as Bush Jr, he never said the Mexican government is sending them. It's just semantics and word play. Mexico is sending them, i.e., they are coming from Mexico. Of course, a lot of criminals are literally being sent here by Mexican cartels, but I didn't get the impression that the quote meant that part literally.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Your interpretation I can agree with you on and I wish more people held that view. The problem is that many take it as being the government doing if you go by many of the posters in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join