It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's more racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It also clearly states that Mexican Border Agents told deported criminals to go back to the US and even directed them to which state has the most lax laws on illegal immigration.

Hence... government sending their criminals to the US.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

It's your choice to play semantics. I see it for what it is and reject it... my choice.

Is my statement bigoted?
I am not a Trump supporter, in fact, I dislike every candidate that has been put forward.
I am just being honest about what I see in his statement... and Bernie's.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: SlapMonkey

But, I don't know what it is like to live in a ghetto or being dragged out of a car or hassled for walking down a street.

I have been poor, but not with all those other things in conjunction. So I don't see the xenophobic stereotyping that you claim.

At least try to see that the Bern is being just as bad as folks accuse Trump of being. He is dropping a race card with social economic tags all over the place. The man is a joke. Race division......with an Ivy League trained black man, half white in reality by the way, setting in the white house.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

HAHAHA, OK...

Well they would have to be pretty stupid to spend billions on a wall for the US.

We send them like 200 million a year and part of that already goes to border security and a wall would cost close to 32 billion at the least.

Even if Trump cut the 200 million for 8 years that is only 1.6 billion. So I am pretty sure they aren't building any "F'in" wall.

LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It also clearly states that Mexican Border Agents told deported criminals to go back to the US and even directed them to which state has the most lax laws on illegal immigration.

Hence... government sending their criminals to the US.

No, the government did not direct them.

Individual border agents may have said that, but that was not directed by the Mexican government.

Go back and re-read your article it seems you missed a lot. Just like how you missed the part about US border agents.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I really don't see it that way. IMO you really have to twist things to come to that conclusion.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You mean like how you deflected the part about Mexican Border Agents being complicit in sending convicted Mexican criminals to the US?

News flash, Mexican Border Agents are a part of the Mexican government.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

No I didn't deflect in fact I just addressed that.

Here I will requote myself again read slowly to comprehend.

"Individual border agents may have said that, but that was not directed by the Mexican government. "

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Semantics...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Your first response completely ignored how Mexican Border Agents, who are a part of the Mexican Government, are complicit in sending convicted criminals to the US, while attempting to deflect the argument to US Border patrol which wasn't even mentioned at all in my original post.

And your naive if you think this is an isolated incident.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Semantics...

Wow. I thought you would at least give me the time of day. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ButsDuge

The second quote is taken out of context whereas the first one... Trump was being literal and although it may have some truth to it, it was extremely racist and rude.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

What part do you not understand?

The Mexican government is not sending people to the US.

Also

The actions of Mexican Border Agents going against the Mexican governmental policy does not constitute Governmental action.

The things you claim are not authorized nor is it policy. At best you are talking about corruption. News flash....corruption exists in Mexico and the US. You are naive if you think otherwise.

Still, the Mexican government is not sending people to the US.

If you rage against the corruption I will support that, but don't BS and call it something it isnt.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A Mexican Manual for Illegal Migrants Upsets Some in U.S.

The guidebook also advises would-be migrants to avoid hiring professional immigrant-smugglers and to refuse to carry packages for others. It also instructs people never to lie to border officials, carry false documents or resist arrest.

"Guide for the Mexican Migrant" was to warn migrants of the dangers they might face if they choose to slip illegally into the United States.

Sure isn't like what the title makes one imagine.

Mexico Pays To Help Its Citizens Avoid Deportation From The U.S.

Mexico is helping some of its citizens apply for a controversial immigration program in the U.S. called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.

Immigrants have to pay a total of $465 to the Department of Homeland Security for fees related to the work permit and for required fingerprinting.

Mexican consulates around the U.S. have been paying those fees for some applicants through a little-known program for Mexican citizens with financial need.

So they get help paying for temporary work visa. Oh the horror.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ah, more cherry picking. No mention of the fact that it's a guide for Illegal Migrants and a social program that helps illegals avoid deportation... from the Mexican government.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: ButsDuge

Which is more racist, taking the words of one out of context or downplaying the others clearly racist rhetoric?

I have treated both words the same. I have quoted both verbatim with out offering any further content on eather.

Why is it you find this wrong to do in the case of one quote but see it as downplaying for the other.

I am curious though which one is the clearly racist rhetoric and which one was taken out of context in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The validity of the statements are not in question.

I always look to see if a statement has any truth to it before I consider other things.

So IMO validity of a statement should be considered.

While I would tend to agree with that approach; in this case both statements are factual incorrect.

You point out one fact that is not correct; another incorrect fact is that there are no white people who know what it's like to be pore.

Facts are clearly not on the side of eather of these two statements.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Do whatever mental gymnastics you want, but the fact remains that the Mexican Government is not sending people to the US and no brochure changes that fact.

I remember when Sarah Palin talked about how people can go to Canada and get free health care like her family did. Even though she was the Governor when she said it, she was not sending people to Canada for health care.

Maybe you disagree since those things are pretty equal.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I didn't know that Mexican is a 'race'.
There are blond, blue eyed Mexicans and there are really dark-skinned Mexicans with almost black eyes. They are all Mexicans only because of where they live.

You are correct; perhaps the word bigoted or prejudice would have been a more appropriate terms that covered both statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join