It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's more racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Racism sucks in everyform it comes in, i didint know we needed to compare racist remarks so we dont feel too bad about what someone said.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ButsDuge

Which is more racist, taking the words of one out of context or downplaying the others clearly racist rhetoric?

You have to admit that it is comical when people call the first quote racist when race isn't mentioned.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I am pretty sure that isn't the article Logarock was talking about because it didn't answer my question.

Your article didn't claim Mexico sends people either, but it was mentioned that US border agents have been complicit in illegal immigration. That may or may not be true it isn't like the articles claims provide any evidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Maybe if you're overly sensitive and incapable of rational thought or to be more accurate... maybe if you just really don't like Bernie and you're trying to take advantage of what you mistakenly think is a silver bullet.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh gee... nope.

Bigoted. Better?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If you ask me, the reason Fox got pissed and used a four letter word is that he knows the score, the real reason so many Mexicans were working in the US and got tired of taking it on the chin. There were millions of Mexican labor in the US......because american big money fat cats were ordering them.

edit on 9-3-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

So is Mexico or Fox sending people to the US or not?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I know there are all types of systems that exist that help illegal immigrants I have never denied that, but when statements are made like "Mexico is sending people" I interject a bit of reality and point out that Mexico isn't sending people.

Mexican people as well as other Central Americans do come here by their own choice and have figured out a myriad of ways to do so. Their governments are not pushing it, but there is no doubt that there are profiteers within the ranks of officials on both sides that break the laws by helping them.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well I would say the evidence points to a joint US/Mexican operation.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

If you ask me, the reason Fox got pissed and used a four letter word is that he knows the score, the real reason so many Mexicans were working in the US and got tired of taking it on the chin. There were millions of Mexican labor in the US......because american big money fat cats were ordering them.

I don't know anything about what FOX said. I got rid of my TV years ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Seeing as the media has a funny way of twisting people's words. I'd prefer to look at people's actions and history, more than what they allegedly say. But this is clearly a partisan debate so I'll leave you guys to battle it out based on your opinions of the candidates

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am pretty sure that isn't the article Logarock was talking about because it didn't answer my question.

Your article didn't claim Mexico sends people either, but it was mentioned that US border agents have been complicit in illegal immigration. That may or may not be true it isn't like the articles claims provide any evidence.

The article is about interviews VICE did with criminal migrants from and within Mexico.

And I didn't mention US border agents... I clearly mentioned Mexican border agents. I can understand the mistake since you probably didn't even read the article.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Augustine Abascal is a first-generation Mexican American who is serving 120 months in federal prison for a drug conspiracy. His mother was deported back to Mexico following a conviction of her own for holding migrants crossing the border illegally in a safe house until their families sent them the money. He claims that US Border Patrol agents were involved in that operation.

Yes, the article does mention US border agents see the snippet above.

It isn't how fast one reads it is how fast one comprehends take your time.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Oh gee... nope.

Bigoted. Better?

Maybe, if you can prove that he is bigoted. Not defending him, just saying that when he calls out a problem of a massive number of people from a foreign country breaking the law when they enter our country, and then breaking our laws of the land after they are here... that isn't necessarily proof of him being a bigot. He even bothered to say that he is sure that some Mexicans are good people, maybe not the best choice of words, but I can make this statement and be correct, 'Some Americans are good people, some are bad people'. Am I a bigot for saying that?

Bernie Sanders on the other hand, did use race in his statement, and he used it in a generalization. As far as I know... that is a no-no.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I always look to see if a statement has any truth to it before I consider other things.

So IMO validity of a statement should be considered.

If you do that, though, then all racist comments are negated by lack of truth. That's like saying that you look to see if a statement has any logic before considering other things. Again, much of what you hear in this world would be negated due to lack of logic.

Sadly, we can't ignore xenophobic stereotyping, even if facts or logic are missing from the equation, because it reflects what is in the heart of the speaker.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I worked in a packaging warehouse 25 years ago and there were folks there, on work permits, from all over the world. The work in the US game has been on for awhile. The Mexican influx was quite a major step up in that operation.

Its a whole different thing than the idea that the Mexican government takes bad people out of prison and drops them off at the Rio Grand.

The truth is if bad people are getting into the country then American policies are to blame. The borders have been made so easy to slip through for other reasons that some bad folks are going to get by. We hear about mules and tunnels when in fact there were buses and tractor trailers coming across full of labor and other products.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

xenophobic stereotyping

Thank you for using an accurate assessment of what we have here with Trump.
This is where I see the likeness to Hitler. He spoke of the German people and identified another group of people as being 'the enemy', all to drum up support for him.
ETA: I am not saying Trump will be another Hitler, just noting the similarity.

edit on b000000312016-03-09T07:48:22-06:0007America/ChicagoWed, 09 Mar 2016 07:48:22 -0600700000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

But, I don't know what it is like to live in a ghetto or being dragged out of a car or hassled for walking down a street.

I have been poor, but not with all those other things in conjunction. So I don't see the xenophobic stereotyping that you claim.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It's your choice to play semantics. I see it for what it is and reject it... my choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I don't know anything about what FOX said. I got rid of my TV years ago.

That was said to be Vicente Fox ex president of Mexico commenting on Trumps statement said that Mexico isn't building a "F'in" wall.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join