It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's more racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor. You don’t know what it’s like to be hassled when you walk down the street or you get dragged out of a car"

So explain to me why the first quote I'd more racist the the second.

In the first quote we have a clear acknowledgement that not all mexicans are the same. Not all are criminals, some are better then others and those that are better appatently stay in Mexico according to the quote. There is also an acknowledgement that not mexicans who come here are criminals; some we are to assume are good people.

The second quote has no qualifiers it is a negative criticism about ALL white people.

While both statements are wrong; it seems only one is negatively stereotypeing a whole group of people based only on the collor of their skin.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ButsDuge

When Mexico sends its people

I have never seen any evidence that Mexico actually sent people here. My understanding is the people come here on their own accord.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Who is saying the first statement is more racist than the second? What is the premise of this thread?

The second statement, clearly, is a terrible thing to say.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The validity of the statements are not in question.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

I apologize for not making it more clear.

I was asking the question of the reader not supporing an argument someone else made.

What do you think is more racist?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The second quote makes it sound like every black person in america is poor or lives in a ghetto or in a persistent state of disadvantage, so the well educated, famous or rich black people...they have no merit of their own? they are doing so well just because everything was gifted to them?
Kinda insulting if you ask me, but maybe i'm reading it wrong, that's always possible.

As for the racism element, if you take away the person saying it and look only at the quote, the second one sounds more discriminatory.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

They have brochures in Mexico that advise people on how to cross the border illegally and then obtain social aid after they get here.

Mexico's government is well aware that when its citizens come the US illegally, they bring back US dollars to the country of Mexico. Money sent back by these citizens exceeds all other sources of income, even oil, to the Mexican economy. It's no wonder that the Mexican government is so upset by the idea of a wall.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The validity of the statements are not in question.

I always look to see if a statement has any truth to it before I consider other things.

So IMO validity of a statement should be considered.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So they provide info of the US to its citizens.

That is not the same as a country sending people here.

Cuba actually sent people here Mexico hasn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge

The second quote has no qualifiers it is a negative criticism about ALL white people.

While both statements are wrong; it seems only one is negatively stereotypeing a whole group of people based only on the collor of their skin.

Yes and the second quote is really reinforcing race stereotypes about the hood and poverty. So what now the burn wants another Great Society sort of financial infusion into the thing? Make it all better.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yeah, let's inform people on how to enter our neighbor illegally rather than telling them how to do it legally.

I am remembering that old Frost poem ... what was it? Something about how fences make good neighbors?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have never seen any evidence that Mexico actually sent people here. My understanding is the people come here on their own accord.

Or were ordered up through a labor program.......where you can actually take a bus loaded with workers from say Mexico city to points north, dropped off at assorted towns, turned over to a handler and then when your assignment was done you shipped back. American were placing those orders.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, let's inform people on how to enter our neighbor illegally rather than telling them how to do it legally.

Actually from what I have read they are informed of both.

hey are informed of the dangers and legal repercussions of illegal crossing.

That still isn't the same as a government sending its people across the border no matter how hard you try to twist it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Or were ordered up through a labor program.......where you can actually take a bus loaded with workers from say Mexico city to points north, dropped off at assorted towns, turned over to a handler and then when your assignment was done you shipped back. American were placing those orders.

I am not familiar with what you are claiming maybe you could provide a link however, I do have a question.

Is that organized and run by the Mexican government?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know what takes away from these racism discussions? The FACT that there are people alive that went into "colored" bathrooms.

This modern day BS of racism sickens me.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Trump is blowback for years of bs claims of racism from losers like Bernie.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I didn't know that Mexican is a 'race'.
There are blond, blue eyed Mexicans and there are really dark-skinned Mexicans with almost black eyes. They are all Mexicans only because of where they live.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What Mexican Criminals Think About Donald Trump

Upon arrival in Juarez, Mexico, after being deported for another drug crime, Lopez says he and the Mexican nationals he traveled with were all told by Mexican border agents that if they were going to return to the US, now was the time.

"They told us Obama wouldn't send us back if they arrested us, as long as we didn't get busted for a violent crime," Lopez tells VICE. They also told them exactly where they should go: Oregon. "It's because we can get a driver's license there, no questions asked, and the background checks ain't #."

"I'm a new Oregon citizen," Lopez says, laughing. "I even got a US passport and I went to Canada with it. And you know what else? I can vote!"

edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I am not familiar with what you are claiming maybe you could provide a link however, I do have a question.

Is that organized and run by the Mexican government?

A Mexican national that drove for the bus line told me all about it. During the heyday a few years ago when you saw a good number of Mexican workers in the country, before the "crash", american cities had handlers, multi-lingual labor bosses, temp agents if you will, that ran bus lines from Mexico into the us. Its was on the down low but not really hidden. Sort if hidden in plain sight.

I delivered food in a warehouse and industrial area from 2001 to 2005 and yea, would deliver to a place and there would be hundreds of Mexicans/Indians Azteca...ect working whole wear houses. Not to mention all the roofing crews and law maintenance guys in plain sight. These folks were FAR more organized than just folks that crossed the Rio Grand in the middle of the nite and headed north!

Oh and I almost forgot.....NO, it probably wasn't a Mexican run government operation but an american cooperate organized event. American workers had become dramatic slobs, overpaid, lazy, communist indoctrinated crybabies so they got scabbed out, as they say, by cheep Mexican labor.....LOL.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Which is more racist, taking the words of one out of context or downplaying the others clearly racist rhetoric?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join