It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Those Trump Steaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Tuesday night, in what might be one of the most cringe worthy primary season victory speech moments since Howard Dean's campaign killing scream, Donald Trump took an opportunity to hawk some of his products (sorta?). source video

"So you have the water. You have the steaks. You have the airline that I sold"

At this point, I half expected him to say "and how much would you expect to pay for all these? $100 dollars? $150 dollars? More? Well folks, get ready for the deal of a lifetime! For a limited time only, all of these woooonndeeerful products could be yours for only three monthly installments of $19.99!"

Unfortunately, he just rambled on aimlessly bragging and reassuring everyone that he could "be presidential if [he] wanted to" but hey, at least there was a display. After all, what pitch would be complete without sample product? Here's a picture of the some of these Trump products on display from Katy Tur's (NBC) Twitter feed:

So about those steaks..

In most of the shots, the steaks are arranged in such a way that none of the printing on the vacuum packs can be seen. However, Twitchy.com editor, Greg Pollowitz captured an image on which some printing is clearly visible and lo and behold — these aren't "Trump Steaks" at all! From Pollowitz's Twitter Feed:

In fact, as Pollowitz noted, it appears that these are actually Bush Brothers steaks (BUSH STEAKS!?! Alas, no relation). Here's the website for Bush Brothers, a small West Palm Beach packer.

The last references I could readily dig up to anyone selling Trump steaks was a throwback listing on Sharper Image's website and this listing from QVC. In fact, this Business Insider article from 2014 lists Trump Steaks as one of 12 failed Trump brands. So what's going on here? If Trump Steaks isn't a failed brand, why is nobody selling any of the products and why aren't they listed along with the rest of the imported Trump crap on his website? More importantly, why couldn't the owner of the company lay his "beautiful hands" on a case or two for this press event?

Where's the beef Donald?
edit on 2016-3-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
o.O

Only Don would use a victory speech to cry "Look at mah stuffz!" unapologetically.

Dude has some seriously weird ego hang-ups.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
o.O

Only Don would use a victory speech to cry "Look at mah stuffz!" unapologetically.

What the hell is Trump on??? Did that really just happen or did I imagine it in my man-flu-inspired delirium?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
o.O

As repugnant as that is, how much worse is it that some of the crap he put on display wasn't even his — and this was supposed to be physical proof that these products still exist?

What about his magazine which appears to have gone under in 2009 after two years? At first it just seemed tacky but now it seems deranged.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Mmmmmmm, trump steak smothered in emails!

Rare please!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
about those steaks...

low and slow? hot and fast?

how well do they fare in my dorkfood sous vide set-up?

Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lol wow...

In case you guys missed the punchline, the stunt was done as a tongue-in-cheek joke at what John Oliver said about Trump on his show.

This thread in a nutshell

edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

How fantastic!

Look at all those fantastic prodcuts! How wonderful! What an amazing display of Trump related items! And do you know what makes this display even more impressive? Even ignoring the fact that some of these products are not actually Trump branded, there is not a single one of them, which was actually created, conceptualised, or originating from Trumps own efforts, mind, or imagination!

His wine was not produced from a batch of grapes plucked from the vine by his own hand, nor stomped to mush by the impact of his feet, nor was he the one who developed the particular blend of additives, nor did he select the barrels in which the liquid was contained.

You can say the same of virtually all of the products on display there, whether they are actually his branded items, or someone else's, placed there to fluff the portfolio. It is somewhat ironic however, that this display accurately advertises Trump as a candidate. After all, what I take away from this display, is that Trump is a man who makes money from other people's efforts, while dressing his failures as successes.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Those steaks look poor quality and yuk.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
He has got to be a plant from the Clintons. He's smart enough to know they'll call him out on this when he pulls this BS. In fact, he's done a lot of stupid things lately, like bragging he got an A+ on his Trump University from BBB (which they denied, of course. The D- rating disappears after 3 years and no more complaints) so I'm very suspicious about his intentions here.

If he does become the GOP nominee watch him throw the election so Clinton wins.
edit on 9-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

There go Trump followers trying to justify his nonsense.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

He has major Issues in that department. If I was his wife, I would be embarrassed. (Than again, she probably married him for his money).

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I know you're wanting a big ole moisticle Trump steak covered in Obama Unicorn gravy, while getting a toothly Pelosi, with Biden and Christie watching. Nothing like a pyramid of meat and wine to get my vote....

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i can now officialy confirm :

the bottom of the barrel no longer exists

it has been scraped so long and so hart that it has just dissapeared - one shaving at a time

well done folks - you now have a tube

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That is the brand that he stocks his property with, probably the same manufacturer that the Sharper Image licensed the Trump Steaks brand.

The steaks had to come from somewhere. You dont actually think he had his own meat packing plant do you?

BTW, what does his meat have to do with him running for office?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Lol wow...

In case you guys missed the punchline, the stunt was done as a tongue-in-cheek joke at what John Oliver said about Trump on his show.

Yea well dang......most normal folks would figure right off there was a punch line and this was a joke. But not outraged Trump hatting stiffs.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

That's President Trump to you! It "The Trumpening". Are you ready?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

That is the brand that he stocks his property with, probably the same manufacturer that the Sharper Image licensed the Trump Steaks brand.

The steaks had to come from somewhere. You dont actually think he had his own meat packing plant do you?

BTW, what does his meat have to do with him running for office?

Now now, he has assured the world that we don't need to worry about the size of his meat.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

How fantastic!

Look at all those fantastic prodcuts! How wonderful! What an amazing display of Trump related items! And do you know what makes this display even more impressive? Even ignoring the fact that some of these products are not actually Trump branded, there is not a single one of them, which was actually created, conceptualised, or originating from Trumps own efforts, mind, or imagination!

His wine was not produced from a batch of grapes plucked from the vine by his own hand, nor stomped to mush by the impact of his feet, nor was he the one who developed the particular blend of additives, nor did he select the barrels in which the liquid was contained.

You can say the same of virtually all of the products on display there, whether they are actually his branded items, or someone else's, placed there to fluff the portfolio. It is somewhat ironic however, that this display accurately advertises Trump as a candidate. After all, what I take away from this display, is that Trump is a man who makes money from other people's efforts, while dressing his failures as successes.

He didn't personally combine the hydrogen and oxygen atoms in his water either

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

I know, right?

What a slacker.

I see where you are coming from of course, but I think the fellow is a fraud, who simply would not have made anything of himself at all if he had been born good and poor. He occupies high position very well, but that is because he has never had to actually perform any work for his money, in his entire life.

He has bought things (not work) and sold things (also not necessarily work) and has never actually produced anything himself in his whole existence. He personally would not know how to build a garden shed, let alone anything as complicated as a tower block, so where people get the idea that this man is a captain of industry, and worth listening to on any subject, of any sort, for any reason, is beyond me.

He has never lived a normal day in the whole of his existence. He was born with more money than most people could ever hope to earn in their lives, and has spent nearly as much time loosing money as he has amassing it. But he has never EARNED a single dime in his life, because he has never worked for it. What he calls work, even the hardest bits of his life, you and I, the postman, the milkman, the clerk at the bank, those are what we refer to as spa weekends, and holidays abroad, in terms of their difficulty. You cannot EARN money by being an egotistical jackass, but you can sure as hell gain it, and that is about the best you can say about the man. He can gain money, and sometimes he gains enough to offset his losses.

But he does not do so reliably, and that makes for one terrible candidate for presidency.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join