It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
A couple things I would like to point out about the FET:

It is widely believed by "Flat Earth Theorists" that the Earth is actually slight convex, which would explain many of your "debunkings".

GoPro cameras have a round lens, so using them as photographic evidence, along with the photos given to us by NASA that have all been proven to have been doctored is not proof of anything.

Not everything would work how we are told they work. Don't assume just because there are satellites in the sky, the only reason could be the Earth is round and gravity is doing all the work.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
a reply to: carramrod

It is widely believed by "Flat Earth Theorists" that the Earth is actually slight convex, which would explain many of your "debunkings".

Polaris shows equator to North Pole is 90° as in a quarter of a circle, not "Slight convex".

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM

this mutant stepchild of the flat earth claim : the " slightly convex " earth is even more ludicrous that the absolute flat plane for the following reasons :

1 - ANY claim of ANY curvature actually debunks a large percentage of the actual flat earth claims and certainly all of those that deny the spheroid model

2 - water // gravity i would love to see the " SCE " [ i am using the abreviation cos i CBA typeing slightly convex repeatedly ] " for gravity - for reasons that should be obvious

if its not - then the "SCE " must come up with a magic explaination for the behaviour of water - or explain why the gravitional centre of the SCE is in the plce it is - and whats there [ its distance below the surface will be a function of the exact radius of the "slightly convex " element of the SCE claim

3 - all the reasons other posters have brought to your attention so far

4 - the absurdity of the edge becomes even more pronounced in the SCE claim - as it should now be easier to see it from higher latitudes than the FP [ flat plane ] claim

5 - i am loosing the will to exist on a planet that has so many utterly scientifically illiterate creatures

not # 5 is not a valid argument against the SCE claim - but its true none the less

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:39 PM

oh and citation required - please show which FE claimants actually make the SCE claim - and primary sources

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
a reply to: lavatrance

The "establishment" has also told us it is necessary to intake oxygen for life. Maybe you should disbelieve this too and stop your oxygen intake... as an experiment.

Be sure to report back on your findings

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:12 PM

Can you prove that it's flat or not???

Yes I can prove it's not flat.

From 1 million miles away.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:08 PM

The earth being flat or round is one thing but the main question here should be, the only real evidence we have for anything, anything! in this world comes from academic books and teachings, where does their academic books and teachings come from, well their academic books and teachings. Point is, whoever concieved the first plot about anything, the rest are blindly following. I am not enforcing this point on whether the earth is flat or not however. I would believe its round, considering how we revovle around matter out in space and it to us and im sure many pilots could speak wonderful stories too.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:18 PM
a reply to: BlackProject
Is simple geometry some kind of conspiracy?

BTW, I realized how Polaris demonstrates the shape of the northern hemisphere myself after coming across the information about the altitude of Polaris matching your latitude while researching something else. I didn't realize this was a "thing" until later. Nobody told me this.

Point is, whoever concieved the first plot about anything, the rest are blindly following.

To be clear, my point is your post is BULL#! That card is played ad nauseam and it does not apply here.
edit on 10-3-2016 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM

originally posted by: carramrod

Don't assume just because there are satellites in the sky, the only reason could be the Earth is round and gravity is doing all the work.

because magic keeps satellites up in orbit when the earth is flat right?? right??

so like after one pass the satellite magically teleports back to the original starting point to begin again??

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:59 AM
A 2000 year old dead guy figured out the circumference of the Earth using simple geometry. It's so easy to understand that if you dont have the ability or just can't see it then you're f**ked in life. You may think you're doing fine, but you're definitely not. You don't know what's going or where you're at in any given moment. I didn't realize Alzheimer's was this prevalent on this board. You don't even need a picture or to fly in a spaceship that will take you far far away so you can look down at that bright blue sphere in front of you. Hell, you don't even need to take the measurements. Just picture what a flat earth is and think about it for a little while. If you can't conclude that the idea is retarded then I don't even know how to help you. It's over for you. Oh and just because you can question something doesn't mean you always should nor does it make you a "thinker". People here seem to be under the impression that questioning things which are blatantly irrefutable makes them smart. It doesn't. It makes their kindergarten teachers cry because they see that all their effort put towards you was an utter failure.
edit on 11-3-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: For fun

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
a reply to: sapien82

i think u have to have permission fron the un to even visit antartica or fly near it

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:10 AM
a reply to: Vasteel

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:13 AM
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

it's called thinking outside the box. It worked for Einstien. You should try it sometime

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:37 AM
Again this flat earth thing to a large degree has so little to do with flat earth in many ways. It's an analogy of living and thinking. Can you think outside the box. The ideas you've been told your whole life. Like I remember there was a time in my life were even the though of perhaps living one day in a different country was totally unheard of. Completely unrealistic. Not a chance. And although I haven't moved I started thinking about it. And now all of a sudden some possibiliies to do so are opening up for me. And I'm being to be a lot more open to the idea, and would be very open to trying it. But again, that's only because I started thinking outside my little box. Ya that doesn't relate well to flat earth but again it has to do with thinking. Can you think at all outside of what you've been told is possible? Or will you forever be trapped in this little bubble of your life. That being that you're not actually a living person. ...

let me explain....

See many of us, are not actually alive at all. We're essencially zombies. We move, but we can't think, we can't do anything different outside of what we've been taught. We're totally and completely locked in. And the way this happens is we get taught things and we get into routines of doing and thinking. And once locked in for long enough we're stuck.

So for example, you are say: an accountant or a plumber. You're a father. You believe 911 was done by 2 planes. You believe the 6 oclock news and newspaper headlines, you vote and have a leaning toward liberal or conservative, you play a sport or two, you smoke, and drink socially, you think drugs are extremely bad for people, you think perscription drugs are good for people, you believe anything a dr tells you as gosple truth. etc etc....

And that list goes on and on....

You're locked in. You can't think outside of certain norms. You didn't even choose half this stuff for yourself. You dont' even want to be a plumber, but it pays the bills so you're stuck. You didn't choose any of this. But you fell into it, someone told you it was that way, you did it, and then next think you know you're a smoker for life.

You'll never break out. You've become a zombie. You'll never think for yourself. You'll never try anything outside of the normal day to day.

So if someone tells you something thought provoking, like there's a God, or the earth is flat, or whatever, you can't even begin to go there. The narorrative of what you've always been taught kicks in. You must not dare to explore even a new idea as it goes against everything you've been told your whole life. or against your pride or ego.

Anyway I'm just saying we're all basically zombies. Me included.

Like there's this scene in blade runner were the Daryle hanna realizes that they're just too stupid to make it. And she says: "we're stupid and we'll die". She's an andriod. She's not suppose to think for herself. But she shows a small glimpse into the ability of this zombie like creature to wake up and have a realization. A unique thought. A thought that's outside the box.

so that to me is like us. Like I said we're zombies. But can we even get to the point were we wake up even just enough to say: "I wonder if it's really like this? " I just think for most it's impossible. We're way too pre programmed and locked in. Most are run by the ego and or the norm of there lives and they can't wake up at all. It's just very sad. We're just too stupid and we'll die.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:27 AM

Oh get off your high horse will you..

Just because other people think differently than you, doesn't make them zombies.

Flat earth is not thought provoking...well maybe for idiots it is...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:40 AM
i'm going to go with globe. all things considered, it makes the most sense to me. can i prove it?

probably not.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM

Thinking outside the box is all well and good but when it leads you to start thinking outside reality it can cause problems. It isn't license to ignore the real world, it is a way to find unorthodox, yet LOGICAL solutions to problems.

Flat Earth theory, what solutions does it offer in the real world? What practical purpose can it have? What do people get out of it?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
a reply to: Chadwickus

again your demonstrating a well conditioned responce. Being defensive and belitting what's tptb don't want us to know or think about. What you're doing just proves everything I just said. It proves we can't think.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:46 AM
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I probably go with globe too. Only for the simple reason that I have way too many other things that are pressing matters to have to worry about. I don't have the luxury to figure out if the world is flat. But I know we didn't go to the moon that's for sure. It's just a means to steal money from sheep

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
a reply to: Jonjonj

but einstien super seeded neutune by thinking outside his norms of what physics was, and how reality worked. You at least have to check into things
edit on 11-3-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>