It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: burgerbuddy

actually you do raise an critical point - IF [ hypothetically ] teh earth was flat

then it raises the issue of stability and the requirement that the earth be true on 2 axis

otherise - yes things would just roll off - esp bodies of water

What researchers have found is that the tide corresponds to the location of Kim Kardashian's ass, as the flat earth is struggling to maintain it's position in the cosmos with the constantly shifting body of weight that she carries behind her.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

At some point, due to scale, the turtle becomes a metaphor for space. In the end though, it is still supporting a spherical Earth.

Now if only someone could explain where the chicken came into this...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
We have a very spherical Planet X inbound!

Second..

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I beg to differ. I agree with your post in that it's four elephants but I have to take you to task on the turtle comment. It is turtle related I agree, but there is only one. A sort of big one. And you thought space was big.

Maybe. It is entirely possible that it being one single giant turtle could be a disinformation campaign waged by the Agarthians to have us question our understanding of General Relativity.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
We have a very spherical Planet X inbound!

Second..

No, we do not

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here is a thought for the flat earthers.

Disregarding the whole seasons thing, there are parts of the world that are much hotter / colder than others whatever time of year it is. The polar regios for example.

How does a flat earth support this?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

If they are so convinced how come none of them are so convinced to prove it they will actually sail to the edge or fly to the edge to prove it ? because they cant .
If they say they cant afford it then why dont they kick starter it , in fact Im #ing after a free holiday to the bahamas at the same time I'll sail around the world and video every second to prove it isnt flat.

they are just quite happy posting their #e theories on youtube with #e taken from other websites and other idiots ideas which are passed of as fact in contradiction to the 1000's years of human thinking on the shape of our world.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

magic - its the only " rational " explaination for anything EXCEPT the oblate spheroid model

oblate spheroid - the only model that concurs with ALL observations

all the rest need more magic that hogwarts can provide

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

didnt you get the memo ? - the nightswatch are recruiting guards for teh " ice wall "

oh wait .............................. wrong fantasy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
asdfghjkllkjhgfdssdfghjklpoiuytrewqwertyhujkl,mnbvcxasdfghjk

That's my head rolling right to left on my keyboard ( which as it happens is FLAT.....)

at even the slightest notion that the earth is flat

But unfortunately the Earth is not.....

Riouz

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A long time ago, I asked my science teacher why all the planets, stars, moons etc were round and not square, triangle or flat pancakes.

His reply was that a sphere is the most efficient way that nature brings matter together on the macro and micro scale. That answer was good enough for me than and still makes perfect sense to me now.

Under what conditions would a planetary mass be forced to become shaped like a flat pancake?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This was one of the most unprofessional and uninformative videos I may have ever seen. This is a topic I recently decided to read into so if anyone has any real suggestions or links that I can check out lemme know..But for anyone considering watching this video take my word it was 17 mins of life I'll never get back..Don't do it..You're welcome

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnobody
A long time ago, I asked my science teacher why all the planets, stars, moons etc were round and not square, triangle or flat pancakes.

His reply was that a sphere is the most efficient way that nature brings matter together on the macro and micro scale. That answer was good enough for me than and still makes perfect sense to me now.

Under what conditions would a planetary mass be forced to become shaped like a flat pancake?

Basically gravity pulls everything towards the centre from all directions. While material is molten in early planet formation, this quickly results in a near spherical object. As the planet cools it retains this shape. Moving forward the planet is under so much pressure due to it's mass it will remain malleable and will forever remain spherical-ish (not perfectly spherical due to spinning)
edit on 3/10/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: tadaman

am I the only one who saw the "proof" video and thought it sounded like a Nigerian scammer? LOL. It cant be that simple.....Nigerian email sammer gone pro?

I would love to see the statistics of how many people payed a subscription or fee to learn about flat earth, could be a good money spinner

don't mess with the nigerian or he'll email you claiming to the be the son of the recently deposed minister of finance!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Again I'm not sure if it's flat or not. There is evidence on both sides. But the actual truth is most often the 180 of what you've been taught. So I'd say that if the establishment has told you it's round, then you'd better take a close look into seeing if it's flat. Because for most of your life all that you've done is been brainwashed by schools, 6oclock news, and msm all lying to you non stop 24/7/365. Because if they can create the narrorative, then they can force a reality onto you. They can essencially manipulate you into believeing your role is X in the big picture. And by believing it, then by your very nature you'll go ahead and fill that role, of essencially being a slave to the system. And to never questioning the narrorative or thinking outside the box. The nazi's were masters and catagorizing and classifying everything, and everyone. Because the moment you're able to tell someone what the possiblities and limits are it limits there thinking if they believe what you're saying is true. And that's what people in the occult are, they're master manipulators of society. You were lied to about 911 so why not a round planet? It's possible you were lied to about that too.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Again I'm not sure if it's flat or not.

That's pretty sad. What don't you get?

There is evidence on both sides.

Actually there isn't. What evidence specifically do you think supports the flat Earth lie?

I'm not sure why you're playing these mind games, but I can assure you I can see Polaris, and measure its altitude with reasonable accuracy. If you're in the northern hemisphere then so can you.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MindSkip15

you watched the 17min vid ??????????????????

oh dear

i watched the 5 min one - and my head nearly exploded - 5 min of insane religious wingnuttery with no actual coherent arguments

luckily i had an emergency bottle of port under the desk and saved my self

by the time i was stabilised - i had drunk 1/3rd of the bottle - so knew i could not face 17min of the same lunacy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Again I'm not sure if it's flat or not. There is evidence on both sides. But the actual truth is most often the 180 of what you've been taught. So I'd say that if the establishment has told you it's round, then you'd better take a close look into seeing if it's flat.

Yeah but you can show yourself the earth is round without relying on any establishment source.

1, Observe the stars appear to spin around the pole star in the northern hemisphere, and how the pole star appears to move towards the horizon as you go south. This gives away the globe shape and the spin.

2, How the stars appear to rise & set if you are on the equator, and appear to spin the opposite way around in the southern hemisphere. This gives away the globe shape and spin too.

Now some issues with FE theory.

1, How does Australia have longer days in summer than nights? The standard FE model with the little sun going around does not seem to allow for this. How does Antarctica have a midnight sun?

2, Why would ice pile up at the centre of the disc? The globe explains why we have a northern arctic region but on FE wouldn't the hub be as warm as anywhere else? Wouldn't the little sun melt all the ice during the "hubward" summer? Especially if the hub has a midnight sun (i.e 24 hours of constant sunlight)?

3, In addition the above point, why would there be much temperature variation across the disc? Why would the "equatorial" regions be so much hotter than anywhere else? If the suns orbit is confined to being close to what we normally think of as the equator then issues 1 above is reinforced further.

4, How do lunar eclipses work? For the moon to be in the flat earth shadow it would need to be "under" the disc with the sun on the top side. How would we view such an event? What kind of shadow would the little sun cast anyway?

I'll be honest, I've lost track of how many times I've asked these questions and got no response. It seems that in order to get someone to talk to you about FE theory you have to throw insults around. It's sad really.

EDIT: Yes, TPTB lie about a lot of things (I live in England, so I should know) but that doesn't mean you can support any claim by stating this. Did you know that when asked to pay for goods in a shop you can just whip your cock out and shout "suck this", this is a legal form of tender but the government lies to people so often that they just don't know this basic fact.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Again I'm not sure if it's flat or not. There is evidence on both sides. But the actual truth is most often the 180 of what you've been taught. So I'd say that if the establishment has told you it's round, then you'd better take a close look into seeing if it's flat. Because for most of your life all that you've done is been brainwashed by schools, 6oclock news, and msm all lying to you non stop 24/7/365. Because if they can create the narrorative, then they can force a reality onto you. They can essencially manipulate you into believeing your role is X in the big picture. And by believing it, then by your very nature you'll go ahead and fill that role, of essencially being a slave to the system. And to never questioning the narrorative or thinking outside the box. The nazi's were masters and catagorizing and classifying everything, and everyone. Because the moment you're able to tell someone what the possiblities and limits are it limits there thinking if they believe what you're saying is true. And that's what people in the occult are, they're master manipulators of society. You were lied to about 911 so why not a round planet? It's possible you were lied to about that too.

Are you trolling us?????? If so, well played! You had me going there for a moment. And then again if not then you are an astonishingly ignorant person. So I'm hoping that you're a troll.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you think of spacetime as being flat then you have to look at the world as being flat as well. It really all depends on what level you are looking at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join