It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

how do satellites stay in orbit if the earth is flat? if satellites are not real how does a mobile phone work or gps?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

90 deg. Tech ... ?

Ed: From UFO tech ... ?
edit on 9-3-2016 by Timely because: yanking random chains ...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There just seems like a million other ways to lie to people. Flat Earth theories claim it is for either money or Religion.

They lie about money in a thousand ways every day. They take whatever they want and use it for anything. They don't really need such a complicated lie for money.

A Religious based lie seems, ironically, more believable. However, if your faith or lack thereof is based purely on Earth's shape...you probably need to learn a bit more.

As for "proof"... There will be people who would not believe unless they went to space themselves, and even then they would say they were somehow deceived.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

UFO tech is a cop out excuse.. north korea are capable of launching satellites so they have UFO tech also?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

Yes but he is bestowed with godly powers ... us mere mortals should be careful how we use his name.

For fear of ... well you know.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2016 by Resourceful because: Wrong thread

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oh dear......

I am actually embarrassed for you. I could not watch past 4:54 on the second vid.

Calling something stupid and then presenting a map that clearly says 'longitude and latitude calculator' as 'proof' that the earth is flat is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

That map represents the earth, looking from the north pole as a rubber ball that has had the opposite end cut and opened out. You do realise this, don't you?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat then can someone explain away the fact that the Northern and Southern hemispheres have different seasons?
FFS, this 'OMG! Anudder flat erth video that sounds legit!' crap is annoying me now.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

oh ok i get it, all hail the mighty ... please have mercy on me for i was unlearnedededed.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
I just dont' believe much of what I've been taught by anything or anyone associated to main stream. So therefore I give this flat earth thing maybe some merit, athought I find it a bit out to lunch. But you never know. The truth is always stranger than fiction

So you don't believe in maths, physics, etc? That's not to be trusted?

I certainly don't have the mental abilities to do it, but I would suspect someone of sufficient ability could calculate the physics involved in a large, flat-earth sized object's probabilities vs a spherical object of the same diameter.

I also suspect that a flat-earth object, with the diameter of the real round earth, would not be capable of sustaining itself from the beginning of our solar system. The forces involved during its inception lead to massive amounts of matter coming together, spinning while rotating around the star. How could a flat object of that size maintain its structure?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I am lost for words....people actually think the world is flat?

FFS :-)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

after i had posted my lastest thread addressing this issue - a friend said :

" thats very good - but was it really nessecary "

this thread is my answer to that question

i shall now preform the siminan vindication dance

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
People who believe the Earth is flat were simply born 500 years too late, that is all. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You can prove to yourself it isnt flat. Fasten a Gopro camera or some other recording device and a simple gps locator to a weatherballoon. Fill with helium. Let go. Retrieve.

Experiment can be done for less than $600. You can also look on youtube for other's results. If this doesn't it prove it to you, then you have a strong cognitive bias which most likely will not be broken.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat tell me where the edge is, that shouldn't be hard.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rylex

You can prove to yourself it isnt flat. Fasten a Gopro camera or some other recording device and a simple gps locator to a weatherballoon. Fill with helium. Let go. Retrieve.

Experiment can be done for less than $600. You can also look on youtube for other's results. If this doesn't it prove it to you, then you have a strong cognitive bias which most likely will not be broken.

You better also explain that doing such a thing without a permit from the FAA can get you in big trouble.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I always used to believe that the earth was roundish. Some say oblate spheroid but I much preferred roundish.
I've seen photos from planes, mountaintops and even space.

Now some rapper on Facebook says its flat.

So I guess it must be...

Flat.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The ancient Greeks knew the earth was round, and it's been accepted ever since.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Actually, you can launch without a permit. Your balloon has to meet a few guidelines though.

A great guide for the project can be found here.
stilldavid.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If the earth were flat you would only have light and dark. You wouldn't have dusk or dawn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join