It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Just some brief points in response to your diatribe.

We did go to the moon, get over it.

The Earth is a sphere, just like all the other planets.

We are not descended from monkeys, Darwin never said that, we share a common ancestor.

Watching every youtube video ever will not educate you.

Spelling NASA naaahhhh sawwww does not prove anything or make you sound clever.

NASA is not the only source of images of Earth that prove it is a sphere.

Disagreeing with something you believe in does not make someone a paid shill.

You not knowing something is not the same as something being kept from you. Ask the right questions, read books.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but you need to be prepared to accept the answer, not eliminate half of the possible answers because they disagreed with why you were asking the question.

Flat Earth is not a way of liberating your consciousness by adopting an alternative philosopy, it's just a way of making you look dumb.
edit on 2/4/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

First off, you sound like my brother. He thinks he's a know it all just because he's an engineer of sorts. However, without doing any research on a topic, you don't know. So why is it that about 99% of people who actually do there research on flat earth end up thinking "hmmmmm I wonder???" I'm not saying all are convinced. But most are left wondering why certain things about the globe model just don't add up.

Like me give you a simple example. If the earth is round as you look toward the horizon it "drops off" as the earth curves. That curve grows exponentially in it's angle as the farther you go the steeper the curve. So when you do the math if you're looking across a lake or a bay after a certain distance you shouldn't be able to see the other side at all. But ALL THE EVIDENCE proves you can see the other side of the bay.

For example.....

Now again, just use your eyes. If the

Chart shows how much the horizon should drop off for each mile on a globe earth model. (remember it increases exponentially that's a fact on a round surface)

ie:
at: 1 mile it's only 8 inches
at: 10 mile it's only 66 feet (6 story building story building should not be visable at all)
at: 40 miles it's 1066 feet (106 story building should not be visable at all)
at: 120 miles it's 9600 feet (960 story structure [ie: mountain] should not be visable at all)

/gt2cjuh this shows the graph proving how far things drop off on a sphere earth model.

So then explain how in endless videos and photos, (were talking 10's of thousands of videos and photos taken accross bays and harbors and long lakes) then why can we easily see the other side and even the shore. Such as in the videos I show above.

Now again, I'm not saying "I know". I don't. I don't know, that's why I'm trying to find out. Because what we were taught in school isn't adding up in the real world. All you have to do is "look", and you can see with your own eyes if there's curvature. If there is, then why can you see across a harbor. The math of a globe earth proves you shouldn't be able to. But you clearly can.

But I already know the answer. It all has to do with propaganda and brainwashing from the time we're born practically. Then serious indoctrination through grade school teaching us not to think. But to just repeat what we've been told. It's classic cult brainwashing.

But again, do your own research. There's tons of youtube videos showing the math, science, and logic behind it all. It makes perfect sense.
edit on 3-4-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

flat earth proponents have supporters around the globe.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They say that Socrates said: "This one thing I know, I know nothing.". We don't know. We haven' been there, we haven't done the research, we haven't see it, done it, gone there, had it happen to us; etc etc, but yet were so quick to just believe what the establishment tells us IT IS. That's the thing about the net that I like is that it spreads truths. It really is leveling the playing feild as normal average people are finding out things that before they were oblivious too.

But I think that when it comes to the CT community it too has been pretty much hijacked. The big players all want to divert us from seeing the big game changing CT's that could really snap us out of our trances. So they focus on all these goofy little ideas which is a distraction, ie controlled opposition.

Again, all we need to realize is we don't know jack. So now lets try and figure out what is real and what makes the most sense, and whom we can trust to show us etc etc. The most trustworthy are those who have no hidden agendas and who aren't trying to surpress the truth.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can not believe in this day and age, people are seriously arguing if the Earth is flat.

If you believe the Earth is flat, it might be time to go see a neurologist.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Again you make the mistake of thinking I haven't done any research, and that you apparently are correct. You, like may other keyboard warriors out there, are incapable of grasping that you can in fact be wrong.

The fact is that if you are going to argue, as you do in a later post that "you weren't there man, you don't know", then the same applies to you.

The fact is that you pulled that '99%' statistic out of somewhere unspeakable, because very few people who look at flat earth seriously end up thinking it's anything other than BS.

The fact is that I have spent many hours on planes and boats and ended up in places where I can't see my point of origin.

The fact is that you can't dismiss evidence of images from space of a globe Earth on the grounds that I haven't been there, because neither have you, so you have no more credible evidence than I do.

The fact is that there are thousands up thousands of photographs taken over many decades with corroborating evidence from many sources that clearly show that the Earth is not flat.

Your inability to understand the topic does not mean that the truth is being held from you - the only person preventing that is yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Unbelievable. So part of the Toronto skyline is visible from Hamilton, at some unknown elevation that is clearly well above the level of the lake? Shocking.

Apparently the Chicago sighting from Michigan is an everyday thing? I guess that's why the story made the news in the first place. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

ya but are you just saying this, or have you actually done any research?? Do some research, then come back and say that.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I could be wrong. But the evidence is certainly compelling. The fact that you can see across a lot of harbors to a distance of 100km or more and see the other shore says a lot. Cuz if the earth was curved at a distance of just 10 miles you shouldn't be able to see the first 66 ft. At 100 miles you shouldn't be able to see the first 9600 ft. Do the math.

Please explain this?

But again I really dont' know at this point. I mean some people I was watching had there various (pretty bad ) explaination of this. But again this is just one small piece of the puzzle. Apparently even a lot of scientists didn't or don't believe in globe earth. Like Einstein and Nicola Tesla to name a few.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

have i done any research - yes i have - and i have a thread which no one has managed to post a coherent rebutal to

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Have you ever heard the expression "dig to China"?

Now answer me this simple question. If you dig through flat Earth, what is on the other side? Every map Flat Earthers I have ever seen use, give no real thought to What's on the other side?

Every flat object, I've ever seen, objectively has two sides. A coin has heads and tails. So assuming Earth is flat and giving absurd level of benefit of the doubt, it has two sides correct? If your answer is some bull# about it sitting on the back of a massive Elephant or Turtle GTFO.

Okay great, so we covered Earth has two sides. Next question:

Why can a plane, not conceptually travel to the other side? Why is there no maps of what land masses are there? Is it just ocean? The reason Sailors never went to the edge of the Earth is because you would fall off, and admitedly, not wanting to fall off the edge of the Earth is pretty logical thinking. But planes can fly, and generally speaking are not unaccessible by anyone. There's no reason you can't drop what you're doing, and feasibly learn to be a pilot. Sure you can't afford to buy a 747, but generally just like a car, if you save up long enough you can afford a small plane. Why would you do this you ask me? Well obviously for the fame of discovering a new half of the entire planet. Even the flat Earthers "who know everything" to my knowledge, don't comment about this undiscovered half!

Even photographing the literal edge would be a picture worth 10 million words. Again, I understand why you wouldn't want to do this in a boat, however, even then, would the risk not be worth possibly the most valuable photograph of all time?

Why do you have to show me some bull# YouTube video about horizons, when WE HAVE PLANES AND CAMERAS? Go photograph the edge and come back then you dinguses. Is that even disputable?

Seriously the majority of evidence I see that Earth is flat is nearly equitable to putting a "Bubble Level" on the damn ground and claiming that "Yet AGAIN" another piece of the puzzle concludes the Earth is flat. The only thing more absurd than these arguements, is in the time you have spent defending them you could have circled the globe or found the edge, take your pick.
edit on 4-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

i dont know the altitude of the camera man [ in the toronto clip ] - but the fact that it is not cited is damming evidence of thier utter scientific illiteracy - further the fact that electricity pylons are visible below them indicates to me ] that the POV has been selected to show the view they want - so ` so much for integrity `

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here's what I actually think about the Flat Earth:

The more I read from flat earthers and the views they put forward the more convinced I am that they do not seriously believe the Earth is flat.

What this is for them is just intellectual masturbation where they get to play around with concepts and present the ultimate damning proofs of "you haven't seen it in person" and "so we are told" as their main winning sign-offs.

Their beef is not about proving that Earth is not a globe, it's with 'them', 'TPTB', the people they think are hiding other more important things, the people who talk in a scientific language they don't understand and have no interest in learning. In rejecting 'the establishment' in some major area of their politics they are rejecting common sense and everything they've ever been told.

It's not about proving Earth is the centre of the universe, it's about proving that they are, and that their basement keyboard warrior skills mean something and can challenge the status quo with its stupid empirical research and insistence on proof and evidence. They think they are fighting the good fight but are just making themselves look foolish.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
As long as the whole "flat earth"-movement is about DENIAL of the round earth, it is not subject to critism itself, as it has not presented ANY proof of FE, any idea why their idea is better than RE, any thought about the backside of the coin (thanks to imjack, really!) and so on.

Now, FlatEarthers, what makes your idea so much better than the Round Earth?

Especially, what can you predict to happen/see/provide by experiment what the Round Earth can't?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Good work there. You've just demonstrated curvature. Compare the two views of Toronto recorded by the same person but at vastly different heights above the water. The second shot, nearer to the water level, shows considerably less of the buildings lower portions.

Also, you need this dizzib.github.io...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The evidence to anyone with half a brain proves otherwise

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

There are supposedly 2271 satellites currently in orbit. Strange that none have live feeds if earth. Strange that none take images of the whole earth to see. Strange that u never see any of them when shown the fake video feed from the iss. I could be wrong. I'm not saying I know for sure. But in my opinion analyzing tons of data over dozens of years I think it doesn't add up. The moon landing was completely fake. Then so many other things don't add up. It's also funny how virgin mobiles space tourism thing has come to a hault. There is no space. That's the grand conspiracy. Because if there wasn't it would be harder for u to believe ur nothing more than an evolved ape. The grand conspiracy keeping u from realizing the true nature of who you are and where u came from.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It being better has to do with proving that ur not a monkey

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Show me the picture from the guy that went to the edge and photographed the drop off. I can't believe such a silly argument is getting this much attention.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

There are supposedly 2271 satellites currently in orbit. Strange that none have live feeds if earth. Strange that none take images of the whole earth to see. Strange that u never see any of them when shown the fake video feed from the iss. I could be wrong. I'm not saying I know for sure. But in my opinion analyzing tons of data over dozens of years I think it doesn't add up. The moon landing was completely fake. Then so many other things don't add up. It's also funny how virgin mobiles space tourism thing has come to a hault. There is no space. That's the grand conspiracy. Because if there wasn't it would be harder for u to believe ur nothing more than an evolved ape. The grand conspiracy keeping u from realizing the true nature of who you are and where u came from.

You are just an evolved ape. We all are. I fail to see how that is relevant to the thread however. By the way, the vast majority of satellites are for communications purposes. They don't have cameras. The ones that do tend to concentrate on small areas beneath them. They don't have an unzoom.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join