It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No, it's a Petrie polygon.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So...nobody is going to address how you can prove to yourself that earth is round by observing the stars, how they appear to spin and how different stars are visible from different lattitudes.

Or how the FE model does not allow for Australia to have longer summer days than nights?

None of the above requires any faith in science or trust in any government, you can witness these things directly for yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasteel
So...nobody is going to address how you can prove to yourself that earth is round by observing the stars, how they appear to spin and how different stars are visible from different lattitudes.

Or how the FE model does not allow for Australia to have longer summer days than nights?

None of the above requires any faith in science or trust in any government, you can witness these things directly for yourself.

No one is addressing anything anymore because FE threads are just for fun. No one is actually stupid enough to believe in FE. We all know this.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Flat Earth is fun. Wheee!

On the other hand, it can provide a demonstration of the Socratic approach; "How do you know the Earth is not flat."

If the question engenders critical thinking, is that merely fun?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
No one is addressing anything anymore because FE threads are just for fun. No one is actually stupid enough to believe in FE. We all know this.

I think that some of the recent FE stuff is people testing their ability to put together a convincing argument for an obviously false premise. I think there are people who believe it though. The religion aspect to the argument has a lot of people fooled, plus the conspiracy angle is alluring hence we keep seeing FE on ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Flat Earth is fun. Wheee!

On the other hand, it can provide a demonstration of the Socratic approach; "How do you know the Earth is not flat."

If the question engenders critical thinking, is that merely fun?

When i wrote fun, i should have written "fun"

My point is that everyone knows the earth is not flat. To the one or two (at the most) in here who do question it seriously, we have all given them hundreds of reasons and experiments on how we can know this without needing to go into space. Its just rehashing the same territory now. Over and over again. So by fun, i meant not to be taken seriously since the concept of FE is so idiotic.

Personaly, i have enjoyed reading the various methods that can be used here on earth. Some have been very smart yet simple. I learned a few things...i just wish i could remember them.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Personaly, i have enjoyed reading the various methods that can be used here on earth. Some have been very smart yet simple. I learned a few things...i just wish i could remember them.

Get a load of these two videos I just finished watching. I think they're worth a thread of their own but I'm probably going to be away from my computer for a few days so I'll just have to drop these here and run. Do watch, you'll be glad you did.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The earth is not round.

9gag.com...

Don't forget the speed at which the Earth Travels creates an optical illusion.

So both sides is wrong.

Would you mind a lot if I ignored the scientific opinion of someone who can't get simple suject-verb agreement right? Of course it would be much safer here if the earth were not spherical, since it would eliminate the corialis force responsible for tonados and hurricanes.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

I think what people seem to be forgetting is what we see today is the result of billions of years of volcanic activity.

The highest points we see is land masses the lower parts are covered by water.

Which only gravity is holding in place by rotation of the Earth.

It appears round no doubt, but there is more to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
what about this video....but those debunking videos do have some valid points.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wait i need another drink....

There are Valid points on both sides.

Nasa is trusted less now that in was 40 yrs ago and why?

Because now we know Nazi's were moved to America and actually helped Create it Wow Eh? How about that?

People need to wake up and think for themselves instead of letting ex nazi agents do it for them.

Sig:
Vikings

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Interesting Video, thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I found a pretty good youtube channel where the dude really exposes a lot of details about flat earth and other subjects.

The links below. But I'm just blown away by how much intel is coming to light about flat earth. But it's kinda a pain. It seriously is a pain for me. Because what I realize is this: "we know so little". We don't know if it's flat, round or anything really. If I was a betting man, well I'd almost hate to have to take that bet as I'm about 50/50 on what the world is structurally.

Now we know Nahh SAW is pretty much a 110% con job. that's a total scam. What boggles my mind is how people don't see how or why it would be all a lie. But all you have to do is look at the logic. One of the biggest adgendas of TPTB is to steal money from the average joe blow. And so we get a cheap hollywood production to make us think our tax dollars are doing some good. It's a con job. It's a total scam. They can't steal all the money. They have to produce some payback so perhaps 10% of the money they get goes back into there theatricals. If you watch enough youtube videos ti's plain a day. But the simple fact that no one has been back to the moon says it all.

But anyway that gets me wondering a lot about this flat earth theory. I mean it actually holds a whole lot of weight. Tons. I'm not totally convinced probably because I'm new to it all. And maybe something will come out that reveals that it too is a big hoax.

However, as technology has increased and spread so has truth and information. We've come to realize so much as compared to even a couple decades back. Back then tptb controlled virtually all info. Like everything was locked down. But now stuff is getting out on a massive scale people are taking a close look and wondering "what is all this".

But I think the biggest cover up is simply that if everyone is taught that the earth is round then it would easily support darwinism. That we came from monkeys. That we're not unique or special. That we have no soul. That there is no God or afterlife. That there's other earths with life just like us on them. That aliens are real and will be invading at any momemnt, etc etc etc.

What the idea of the globe brainwash does is it cripples our ability to think outside the box. And does the same for believing in the supernatural, God, a higher power; because after all you're just an advanced monkey. It's really sad.

So when you look at flat earth, it supports everything good. It proves everything. Like God, soul, afterlife, that we're unique, that we're not monkeys, that we dont' have to worry about more nahh saw lies or brainwashing. That we don't have to care about fake alien invasions. etc etc etc. Why? because we see and know the truth.

Now the weird thing is the bible actually talks a lot about flat earth. ie: Isahia 40:22 is just one part. Genesis creation story talks a lot about flat earth, not globe. So again, why does this all matter???

Well it's important. Know thy self is that age old saying. If we're in the know we're most likely better off than not. ie: an insider on wall street pulls out his funds. You find out. You ask him why? He tells you that the stock market is gonna take a dip. So you get out. It does. You saved your nest egg because you were in the know. ......however..... you're not in the know. The market is being timed and manipulated by big banks for a dip. It plumits by 50% you lose a ton of hard earned money that you had to work so hard for, and you lost it overnight. And it went into the hands of "those in the know".

Simple example. Now thing bigger. We're alive. Somehow, who knows how really. And we're on some kind of a planet. Who knows how it's shapped. It could be anything. But we're being told by other humans who have a PROVEN HISTORY of lies and decete that we came from monkeys and that the world is round, that the bible is fairy tails, that there is no after life, that you're not special, there's other earths, that you have no soul, etc etc. Add insult to injury trillions of hard earned tax dollars flow to nahhhh sawhhhhww black budgets (the rich and powerful stealing from the poor), and what we get back for like 5% of that money is a ongoing theatrical production of brainwashing explaining to us how we're suppose to think. How the world works, and by their definition how it goes against everything that's good.

Now if you set aside all ego, all biases, whether your a christian or have no clue, and just examine the raw data; logically it MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Which is why I'm just like in la la land. Because I really can't help but wonder if all this flat earth stuff might have something behind it. But even if it's all hog wash, (which if you watch some youtube videos you'll see it's got rational arguments behind it) still, we know that we didn't go to the moon. That's a 100% guarantee. Nothing has been done on earth that hasn't been redone or can't easily be redone. And everything of major importance has been further developed, not cut up into scrap, desposed of, hidden away, etc etc, which the moon landings were on a massive scale. They cut up the rocket, they deleted all the telemetry data, they got rid of everything to do with the project. Except for a few grainy low def videos that we're suppose to believe are real They even got rid of Stanley. Like come on Get real.

But anyway, I'm still watching more and more videos. It dawned on me that we're mostly only gonna get to the bottom of anything by learning from people that are studying this stuff out of there basements and garages. That's were we'll learn how things work. We wont' learn the full truth from anyone high in the ranks like: alex jones, David icke, scientists, etc etc. They're all paid shills. They reveal only what is "not critically important". They won't touch the subjects that could impact your belief about where you came from or how the world really works. They're just the gate keepers of of the opposition.

The real people who you'll learn from are regular unpaid inquisitive people who have no hidden agenda. They're just like you and I, they want to understand our reality. So they're actually going out there and doing experiments, analysing the naahhhh sawwww footage, analysing all this crap that's been shoved down our throats and pealing back the layers of the onion. And what's coming to light is pretty shocking.

Anyway I've said enough for now. Here's some videos I found:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat, why do all the flat maps show only one side? It's beyond assuming there could be two sides to something that is flat?

If the world was flat, would it not conceivably be incredibly easy to dig to the other side? Compared to a sphere... Why does nobody care that every disk shaped object in existance has two sides, but flat Earth maps do not even generally acknowledge there is even a backside to the thing?

Is the theory that if you dug through the Earth, you would just fall through it? What is on the other damned side...does the water in the oceans continue to this side or does it "fall off" the edge? Why is the debunking of heliocentric so important when the basic questions of geocentric and shape aren't even anywhere near as creditable?

Proving Earth isn't round is a way more believeable start than proving the world is first flat, but I fail to see how "curvature" is any form of indicative proof of it being flat OR sphere when almost everyone agrees you need massive altitude to observe it. The reason flat Earthers are stupid is because they're obviously drawing their counter arguements from a model that they wouldn't be able to steal from had it any effect, without it as direct comparison. Aka most of their "work" involves disproving the sphere, and not actually proving anything is flat.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

The theory of flat earth is that it's designed sort of like a Christmas globe. On all sides are perpetually increasing physical forces that keep people inside. So you can't dig through it. On the other side is like probably a part of heaven. Because there's no universe out there, you can't wonder what's on the other side. It's designed that man will never have the power to go throw it. But again, that's just based on what I've seen in youtube videos. I don't know. I don't even know if the world is round or flat. But what I do know is that I'm not gonna believe a single thing of anyone associated to tptb and they're brainwashing.

This "Eirc Dubay" guy has done some interviews. He KNOWS A LOT! Guy in the video being interviewed... YOu have to look around and you'll find some other interviews he's done. He put out a book. He knows a lot.

edit on 29-3-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: imjack

The theory of flat earth is that it's designed sort of like a Christmas globe. On all sides are perpetually increasing physical forces that keep people inside. So you can't dig through it. On the other side is like probably a part of heaven. Because there's no universe out there, you can't wonder what's on the other side. It's designed that man will never have the power to go throw it. But again, that's just based on what I've seen in youtube videos. I don't know. I don't even know if the world is round or flat. But what I do know is that I'm not gonna believe a single thing of anyone associated to tptb and they're brainwashing.

This "Eric" guy has done some interviews. He KNOWS A LOT! Guy in the video being interviewed... YOu have to look around and you'll find some other interviews he's done. He put out a book. He knows a lot.

Yeah idk. That "Eric" guy is almost the perfect case for my last arguement. Almost all of his videos are disproofs and not proofs. A comparable arguement to his is I could put a bubble level anywhere on the ground and claim that if it wasn't level, the word isn't flat.

Disproofs is simply not proof.
edit on 29-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
One thing I find very suspect, just google: flat earth. 95% of the sites mock it. Then the first 2 are that old flat earth society which has been shown to be controlled opposition. Google obviously being a major player in the nwo wouldn't want anyone knowing the truth. So anyone searching for truth is SOL. Very suspicious.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Wait i need another drink....

There are Valid points on both sides.

No, there aren't.

Nasa is trusted less now that in was 40 yrs ago and why?

Because people have this rabid obsession with them, and think that they are the only people who do space research and somehow control all evidence of everything ever, which is nonsense.

Because now we know Nazi's were moved to America and actually helped Create it Wow Eh? How about that?

We knew it then, it wasn't a secret. Nazis did not create NASA, they were employed but them. Scientific fact does not care about political persuasions - things are either true or they are not. Flat Earth is not true. The argument that Werner von Braun (for example) was in the Nazi party therefore the Earth is flat is nonsense.

People need to wake up and think for themselves instead of letting ex nazi agents do it for them.

I already do think for myself and am more than capable of distinguishing fact from BS. Apparently disagreeing with some people means I am not. What you actually mean there is "I am right, agree with me".

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

just out of interest can you cite the alledgedly " valid points " that you think flat earth proponents raise ??

i am not asking for a huge list - just bullet points of the top 3 [ in your opinion ]

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
I found a pretty good youtube channel where the dude really exposes a lot of details about flat earth and other subjects.

The links below. But I'm just blown away by how much intel is coming to light about flat earth. But it's kinda a pain. It seriously is a pain for me. Because what I realize is this: "we know so little". We don't know if it's flat, round or anything really. If I was a betting man, well I'd almost hate to have to take that bet as I'm about 50/50 on what the world is structurally.

Now we know Nahh SAW is pretty much a 110% con job. that's a total scam. What boggles my mind is how people don't see how or why it would be all a lie. But all you have to do is look at the logic. One of the biggest adgendas of TPTB is to steal money from the average joe blow. And so we get a cheap hollywood production to make us think our tax dollars are doing some good. It's a con job. It's a total scam. They can't steal all the money. They have to produce some payback so perhaps 10% of the money they get goes back into there theatricals. If you watch enough youtube videos ti's plain a day. But the simple fact that no one has been back to the moon says it all.

But anyway that gets me wondering a lot about this flat earth theory. I mean it actually holds a whole lot of weight. Tons. I'm not totally convinced probably because I'm new to it all. And maybe something will come out that reveals that it too is a big hoax.

However, as technology has increased and spread so has truth and information. We've come to realize so much as compared to even a couple decades back. Back then tptb controlled virtually all info. Like everything was locked down. But now stuff is getting out on a massive scale people are taking a close look and wondering "what is all this".

But I think the biggest cover up is simply that if everyone is taught that the earth is round then it would easily support darwinism. That we came from monkeys. That we're not unique or special. That we have no soul. That there is no God or afterlife. That there's other earths with life just like us on them. That aliens are real and will be invading at any momemnt, etc etc etc.

What the idea of the globe brainwash does is it cripples our ability to think outside the box. And does the same for believing in the supernatural, God, a higher power; because after all you're just an advanced monkey. It's really sad.

So when you look at flat earth, it supports everything good. It proves everything. Like God, soul, afterlife, that we're unique, that we're not monkeys, that we dont' have to worry about more nahh saw lies or brainwashing. That we don't have to care about fake alien invasions. etc etc etc. Why? because we see and know the truth.

Now the weird thing is the bible actually talks a lot about flat earth. ie: Isahia 40:22 is just one part. Genesis creation story talks a lot about flat earth, not globe. So again, why does this all matter???

Well it's important. Know thy self is that age old saying. If we're in the know we're most likely better off than not. ie: an insider on wall street pulls out his funds. You find out. You ask him why? He tells you that the stock market is gonna take a dip. So you get out. It does. You saved your nest egg because you were in the know. ......however..... you're not in the know. The market is being timed and manipulated by big banks for a dip. It plumits by 50% you lose a ton of hard earned money that you had to work so hard for, and you lost it overnight. And it went into the hands of "those in the know".

Simple example. Now thing bigger. We're alive. Somehow, who knows how really. And we're on some kind of a planet. Who knows how it's shapped. It could be anything. But we're being told by other humans who have a PROVEN HISTORY of lies and decete that we came from monkeys and that the world is round, that the bible is fairy tails, that there is no after life, that you're not special, there's other earths, that you have no soul, etc etc. Add insult to injury trillions of hard earned tax dollars flow to nahhhh sawhhhhww black budgets (the rich and powerful stealing from the poor), and what we get back for like 5% of that money is a ongoing theatrical production of brainwashing explaining to us how we're suppose to think. How the world works, and by their definition how it goes against everything that's good.

Now if you set aside all ego, all biases, whether your a christian or have no clue, and just examine the raw data; logically it MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Which is why I'm just like in la la land. Because I really can't help but wonder if all this flat earth stuff might have something behind it. But even if it's all hog wash, (which if you watch some youtube videos you'll see it's got rational arguments behind it) still, we know that we didn't go to the moon. That's a 100% guarantee. Nothing has been done on earth that hasn't been redone or can't easily be redone. And everything of major importance has been further developed, not cut up into scrap, desposed of, hidden away, etc etc, which the moon landings were on a massive scale. They cut up the rocket, they deleted all the telemetry data, they got rid of everything to do with the project. Except for a few grainy low def videos that we're suppose to believe are real They even got rid of Stanley. Like come on Get real.

But anyway, I'm still watching more and more videos. It dawned on me that we're mostly only gonna get to the bottom of anything by learning from people that are studying this stuff out of there basements and garages. That's were we'll learn how things work. We wont' learn the full truth from anyone high in the ranks like: alex jones, David icke, scientists, etc etc. They're all paid shills. They reveal only what is "not critically important". They won't touch the subjects that could impact your belief about where you came from or how the world really works. They're just the gate keepers of of the opposition.

The real people who you'll learn from are regular unpaid inquisitive people who have no hidden agenda. They're just like you and I, they want to understand our reality. So they're actually going out there and doing experiments, analysing the naahhhh sawwww footage, analysing all this crap that's been shoved down our throats and pealing back the layers of the onion. And what's coming to light is pretty shocking.

Anyway I've said enough for now. Here's some videos I found:

The reason there is so much data on flat earth is that any moron can start a youtube channel and make any video they want.

I'm puzzled why you are inclined to take their word about anything rather than address and try the exceedingly simple tests you can do yourself with no special equipment here on earth. I suggest you stop watching this tripe. It's not data, it's not research. Stop kidding yourself.

And yes,moron is the correct word for anyone who believes the earth is flat. The thing is that if someone isn't very smart, that's fine, that can be rectified. What isn't acceptable is people like some in this thread who have been spoon fed the basic science and who still refuse to listen. That's just ignorance..

And yes, some guy in his basement may very well change history with his discovery. But that's unlikely.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join