It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no way to fix the Middle East in a single generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree. The Shia-Sunni Conflict has been raging on for generations! The Arab-Israeli Conflict has been raging since World War II. The conflict with radical Islam ideology is on going. Dropping bombs and occupying this powder keg will not change the deep seeded ideology in this region.

The U.S. needs to stop trying to police the world! Western ideology can't be forced upon a country that has it's beliefs engrained into their psyche since birth. Change has to come from within, and it won't be accomplished with military force. It's appalling that were sacrificing our young men and women in this cesspool of internal conflict.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

There seems no end to this World/European/Middle East Madness.

Bar a full occupation (Not going to happen) We in west will have sit back and watch the ME implode,

From hidden in plainsight.

The central Shi'a doctrines revolving around the Hidden Imam are the doctrines of Occultation (Ghayba) and Return (Raj'a) . The Doctrine of Occultation is simply the belief that God hid Muhammad al-Mahdi away from the eyes of men in order to preserve his life. God has miraculously kept him alive since the day he was hidden in 874 AD / 260 AH; eventually God will reveal al-Mahdi to the world and he will return to guide humanity...

The Hidden Imam, however, will eventually leave his Greater Occultation and appear (zuhur) to the world of humanity. This return is the most significant event in the future for the Shi'ite faithful and has thunderous eschatological consequences.

This return will occur shortly before the Final Judgement and the end of history. Imam Mahdi will return at the head of the forces of righteousness and do battle with the forces of evil in one, final, apocalyptic battle. When evil has been defeated once and for all, the Imam Mahdi will rule the world for several years under a perfect government and bring about a perfect spirituality among the peoples of the world. After the Imam Mahdi has reigned for several years, Jesus Christ will return (raj'a), as will Husayn and others”. (Richard Hooker. The Hidden Imam.

Fox

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

I will read the book you tell us about as it sounds interesting albeit for the religious minded.

However and its not a criticism at all, I just think that today's problems need solutions from the world today because when a lot of the past prophesies and teachings were given, the world was very different place.

In the past religion ruled and if you didn't like it you could get yourself tortured or murdered by mother religion. In parts of the world today people daren't leave or ignore religion because its imposed on them like the boss of slaves. Today manny people get on with their lives without any religious influence whatsoever especially in the West and would find it unacceptable were some religious ideas foisted on them.

We have moved on so far technologically and are lethal without even leaving our armchairs due to nuclear weapons etc.
The past was simplistic in comparison to today's problems. The ME is such a complex and corrupt area with tendrils reaching into every country in the world and that alone means very different solutions need to be applied. I actually feel Imam Mahdi would have his work cut out with such diverse views held in the world today unless he became the slave leader - which doesn't sound like a perfect spiritual being.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: onequestion

I agree. The Shia-Sunni Conflict has been raging on for generations! The Arab-Israeli Conflict has been raging since World War II. The conflict with radical Islam ideology is on going. Dropping bombs and occupying this powder keg will not change the deep seeded ideology in this region.

The U.S. needs to stop trying to police the world! Western ideology can't be forced upon a country that has it's beliefs engrained into their psyche since birth. Change has to come from within, and it won't be accomplished with military force. It's appalling that were sacrificing our young men and women in this cesspool of internal conflict.

I don't understand why the great white rulers can't see this. Western civilization has evolved into what it is over a period of centuries, and the ME will have to do so also, and then they can look back at their histories with shame as we do.

Until that happens, we need to leave them alone and try to keep them contained in their own little world, and out of ours.

If this had been the philosophy decades ago, we wouldn't have this global threat now.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So what do you think?

I think that the ME is a lost cause as far as peace or any semblance of civil rights is concerned. Most of those countries and/or their tribes and sects have held on to unchanged beliefs for multiple thousands of years, and I don't think that pressure or efforts originating from a culture (The West) that they despise is ever going to do anything except help perpetuate the culture of war over there.

History is the best dictator of the future, and when at area of the world has been engulfed by self-inflicted violence with other tribes in the same areas since really the beginning of recorded history in the area, what is The West really going to do about that?

War!

(Good god, y'all)

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing!

Say it again.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Being from the uk I look and see Ireland with its sectarian problems and although the situation is better now than a generation ago, there are still problems. The Middle East is a much more intense and historical conflict. I doubt we will ever see peace there in our lifetimes. I'm certainly not optimistic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
IMPORTANT

there is only one thing that has ever been proven to advance a culture secularly. the empowerment of women. once half of a population is no longer oppressed, the rest of the civil rights, education, secularism, follows. this is a historical fact.

and yes westernization, secularism, and civil rights have always been won throughout generations, every time the religious right loses power, the world get a little bit better.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think the better solution is to stop thinking it's our problem to fix; it's causing many problems.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

ill disagree, we are all human, put aside political and cultural borders. although i think the muslim culture has to start standing up for themselves more, but there is nothing wrong with a little help from people that are willing.

star trek is a great show.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok here's a thought.... ever heard of the Biblical Revelations ? I'm sure the atheists are salivating right now racing to their keyboards, never the less Gog, Magog and the final battles and second coming of Jesus etc. We nearly all are familiar with it, then it would seem the middle east is fulfilling prophecy.

The union of Russia, Turkey, Iran, the hatred towards Israel, all the current events we see daily, so...... if one takes literally the Biblical prophecies it seems logical that the middle east will devolve into an utter cesspool of hatred and warring. It only takes a single generation and political indoctrination to produce a whole climate of propagandized youth and a new belief system.

No matter the belief of people, over half the world is influenced by religion, and there are many.
Thus their beliefs are self fulfilling. OR, it could be divine providence prophesied so many centuries ago.

I personally choose to believe the latter. So yea ...."There's no way to fix the Middle East in a single generation" as the OP states. I' have stated one of the possible reasons why. No one is willing to give an inch as times become more desperate...... Flame away...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

it depends how you look at the world. would you say that africa is better, worse or just as bad as the middle east? bad things happen all over the world but theres a reason everyone seems to have hate for ISIS, no one likes theocracies. Islam never had the same secularisation that christianity or judaism did. even the pope agrees with evolution now, gays arent being burned in the streets.

we can choose to say, the middle east has always and forever been doomed, so theres no point in trying. but no one likes a negative nancy. Muslims in the US and even the UK are starting to speak out against fundamentalism and extremism. i have no idea how they're going to past the horrible stuff in the Quran, maybe if they play it off as metaphor, but given enough time and enough support, things will get better eventually. it has to otherwise its going to implode on itself like cancer were the more violent side wins.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think the eye for an eye tooth for a tooth is so in bred in the middle east its become genetic. For so long people have killed because you killed my family so I'm going to kill yours it's become part of their genes. It will take generations to heal. It's very sad. If only there was a memory wiping machine or cloud that could pass over the world and we could all start a fresh with no memories if killing and war, and perhaps a thing or machine to wipe out religion all together then maybe there will be peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
But all joking aside we can't win with force. The only way to fix the problems over there is to idealogically weed out the problem child ideas through multiple generations very carefully.

You are right. Of course media itself has been always one of the weapons of western politicians nowadays. The best way is making themselves bite themselves like Sunni-Shia propaganda, racial issues and .........

But

You are aiming at the wrong target.

What are some of evangelists and protestants doing in USA !? Why did they attack Iraq !?

You forget a super power that is run by childish ideas and then you focus on the middle east.

They made Israel and they are supporting Israel, because they believe Jews should return to Jerusalem and make their temple so that Jesus returns !

How come. Was not Saddam their own ally, were not they exploiting oil of Iraq already, was not Saddam under huge sanctions !?
Was not Saddam better for USA than existing government in Iraq which is an ally of Iran !

You ignore childish whims behind a super power and you focus on the middle east !
edit on 9-3-2016 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: maes2

They made Israel and they are supporting Israel, because they believe Jews should return to Jerusalem and make their temple so that Jesus returns !

First thing first, no peace in the middle east until the Isralo-Palestinian issue isn't sorted.
Then go figure what Jews thinks about Jesus and how they behave towards churches in the 'holy land'.
Finally, what will your local Rabbi be able to promise to his audience once Israel will proclaim itself 'the Jewish state' and revoke its current semi-secularism ?

Do you think 'they' are really acting in defence of 'their' own interests when it comes to ... Jewish matters ?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
To anyone following this thread, I have now found the doco I was talking about in page one of this thread and posted it here in this new thread

It's well worth a watch as it shows a unique perspective on the troubles in the ME

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Do you think 'they' are really acting in defence of 'their' own interests when it comes to ... Jewish matters ?

Well, I respect true followers of Judaism and improvements the developed countries bring forth. But unfortunately an empire like USA or EU sometimes behave contrary to their own worldly benefits just because of odd pressures from certain groups. Such behaviours are for sure ideological.

While many Jews are against aggressions of a country like Israel and corruption in general, there has been an old movement among them throughout history.

Jesus was not the first person they tried to kill. Jesus stood against usury but they continued milking the blood of people. They gained money and power and established their banking system in Europe. They had to get united with the brainwashed elites among Christians, usually covertly. Christoph Colomb himself was one of them after England they found a better holy Land, America. For sure they have influence on brainwashed Muslims too.

Puritans tried to bestow America to Zhionists. Even thinking about why Sep 11 happened, is horrible and shocking !

I believe that Jesus returns and corruption gets eradicated, all my wonder is that how some idiots think they can reach holiness by corruption !!

edit on 12-3-2016 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2016 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join