It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no way to fix the Middle East in a single generation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've recently come to the conclusion that there's no simple solution. No kidding right? Obviously there isn't a simple solution to the Middle East thanks for the observation of an 8 year old from an adult.

But all joking aside we can't win with force. The only way to fix the problems over there is to idealogically weed out the problem child ideas through multiple generations very carefully.

In my opinion the same techniques used to control us can also be used to uncontrol us.

What I'm talking about is;

Tv
Internet
Mobile phone
Public school system
And last but not least,
Pop culture

Take all of these things and introduce a new culture into their society and it will eventually be just another memory.

So what do you think?
edit on 3/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This means taking the music industry back from the gangsters.
edit on 9 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

This means taking the music industry back from the gangsters.

In the Middle East it means creating a music industry.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Then it's a brilliant idea.

Form a new music industry dedicated to gentle social engineering.

I'll get my friends at Chatham House onto it right away . . . On second thoughts probably we'd better do it ourselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Send them Justin Bieber and let them know we have more like that to send over there if they dont shape up?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Then it's a brilliant idea.

Form a new music industry dedicated to gentle social engineering.

I'll get my friends at Chatham House onto it right away . . . On second thoughts probably we'd better do it ourselves.

Should I find funding?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Crowdfunding.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Filipino police are old hands at this.

Katy Perry, David Guetta, Dolly Parton used to calm APEC protesters in the Philippines

. . .

. . . the police played Katy Perry's Roar, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers' Islands In The Stream, The Bee Gee's How Deep Is Your Love?, David Guetta's Sexy Bitch and at least one Motown classic in the Temptations' My Girl.

Read more: www.smh.com.au... zz42ODiJBQl
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You want to fix that through the music industry - what a hoot!

Suspect you might need not only to work very hard with great lyric writers, but also very hard over here with music aimed at older government workers with songs like "Stop your dependence on oil its bad for you". "Greed Greed Greed", "Mind your own business" and for over there with songs on the theme of Two tribes are better than one" Neighbours are good for ya" and provided you get catchy tunes they can hum along to themselves who knows?

However, Good luck with that, you don't stand a chance because I can't see the imams and all the other religion's delinquents wanting to give up their prestigious places in ME society and until you get rid of these haters - their poison will keep spreading throughout all the generations and peoples involved there and with their relatives over in the West.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

That's an over simplification of the OP in its most extreme form.

I'm talking about subtle cultural modifications with an objective.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Are you sure "subtle" will actually work for the majority there? They already have access to Western music some of which has fabulous lyrics about peace, love and other good things. I admit they missed out on Kylie in Saudi and "that tune and video" which was a crime in itself.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yeah I'm not talking about importing western culture but giving them the tools they need to discover their own.

With nudges in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

It was not long ago Turkey was becoming more westernized. Then the Muslim Brotherhood Et Al gained a foot hold and now it is just another terrorist state IMO. Smile and lie to the west while fund every Suni terrorist group they can find. The best way to help the mid-east is get out of the way and beef up the western borders and let the blasted Suni and Shia kill each other. Problem solved, for they will be so busy killing each other, they will have little time for rape, pillage, and the plunder of the west.

Saudi and the Wahhabi thoughts on religion, with their Mosque building and funding all over the world to spread their radical belief system, is a problem long over looked... again just my opinion.. But I am bias due to the bombs and bullets that kill the innocent around here every month.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Quite right because the Saudi regime has paid off so many Western Politicians to look the other way.

However they thought it important enough to try to explain their weird cultural interpretation of islamic and sharia beliefs though, so they know the world is watching them through fine lens.

It makes me laugh when you can see how blatantly the saudi's use religion as a weapon which silences criticism by their own people of their royal rulers. Takes something away when religious belief is manipulated in order to maintain forceful control of the people you rule over - hardly any room for any god at all. But will people think for themselves and see this is quite another matter?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well there is one way.....

But it involves nukes and a lot of death.

Silliness aside, the middle east seems to be willing itself back into the dark ages. There is no solution that I as a westerner can think of to help them out short of building a wall to keep them from ruining our lives and coming back to check on them in 200 years,

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well there is one way.....

But it involves nukes and a lot of death.

Silliness aside, the middle east seems to be willing itself back into the dark ages. There is no solution that I as a westerner can think of to help them out short of building a wall to keep them from ruining our lives and coming back to check on them in 200 years,

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What beggars belief is that they are getting the oddball converts who seem to think their nasty and often paedophilic beliefs are a good way to behave and bring them closer to some god or other and also the supposed rewards of murdering innocent people they think they will get in some heaven, though not much reward is mentioned for their female terrorists - unless they are to make up the numbers of the virgins just hanging in heaven waiting for some lover.
(does that sound like its been dreamed up by some male demented dope?)

Personally I wish they would stay within country's that like their belief system and operate it. However I have spoken to many people, especially Iranians who never wanted religion shoved into their faces by their own clerics.

The trouble is that there is no safe way to honestly know who is a vicious terrorist contaminated by these beliefs and who is not, which is why in truth I wish most of them hadn't made their journey's to come to the West. Its important not to think that the more educated the person is the less contaminated by thee beliefs they are. The Doctor, working in a hospital here who tried to ram a Scottish airport with his car and explosives is a lesson to remember.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I've recently come to the conclusion that there's no simple solution. No kidding right? Obviously there isn't a simple solution to the Middle East thanks for the observation of an 8 year old from an adult.

But all joking aside we can't win with force. The only way to fix the problems over there is to idealogically weed out the problem child ideas through multiple generations very carefully.

In my opinion the same techniques used to control us can also be used to uncontrol us.

What I'm talking about is;

Tv
Internet
Mobile phone
Public school system
And last but not least,
Pop culture

Take all of these things and introduce a new culture into their society and it will eventually be just another memory.

So what do you think?

I think that the above is fantastically condescending. You do realise that the various countries of the Middle East have all those items and services already don't you? And There's also the issue of religion. What are you going to suggest we supplant that with?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As long as Muhammad is seen as a good example to follow you will always be cursed by duality hate and xenophobia and gender equality problems since it is manifested in the Quran.

Some cultures cannot coexists since they are logically and morally (objective not subjective moral) flawed.

If Rumi was the prophet of Islam then Islam would logically be a blessing on humanity and be a spiritual pursuit towards peace and would be able to coexists with Sikhs, Buddhist, Hindus and Atheists.

Instead the Nazi-esque genocide of India and conquest of Africa and pre Spain happened following Muhammad:s Jihad(my struggle) teachings.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: markosity1973

What beggars belief is that they are getting the oddball converts who seem to think their nasty and often paedophilic beliefs are a good way to behave and bring them closer to some god or other and also the supposed rewards of murdering innocent people they think they will get in some heaven, though not much reward is mentioned for their female terrorists - unless they are to make up the numbers of the virgins just hanging in heaven waiting for some lover.
(does that sound like its been dreamed up by some male demented dope?)

I'm hunting on YouTube for this fascinating doco I saw about Iran and Russia, made by the Jews. Among other things it claims that Mahmoud Ahmenijad (or however you spell it) is part of a cult that was banned under Ayatollah Khomeni's time. He literally believes that it is his job to stir up world war and death to bring on the coming of the fabled 12th Mahdi.

A Jewish Rabbi also claims that the prophet Mohammed first tried to present himself to the Jews as their messiah. They rejected him. Then he went to the Christians and tried to tell them he was the second coming of Christ and they said 'yeah right' so he started his own little religion.

If and when I find it again, I'll post it because it was very fascinating and shows just how crazy everyone in the middle east is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join