It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn Does Not Stand Up For Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Corbyn has been drawing 1,000-strong crowds in ex-mining communities

. . .

Saturday night was, according to the organisers, the biggest political rally in the Welsh Valleys for 20 years. It was a huge event, not just for Aberdare. The story, ignored by much of the media, is that Jeremy Corbyn has become a cross between a rock star and a saint.

. . .

A group of three girls aged 13 and 14 were jumping up and down at having met Jeremy Corbyn. They’d never been to a political event before but were glowing with excitement and vowing to get involved with politics from now on. I asked why they were quite so excited and one girl told me she thought he was clever and genuine and said: ‘Even though we’re young, he stands up for us too.’
www.independent.co.uk...< br />

"Even though we’re young, he stands up for us too."

Is that true?

An open letter to Jeremy Corbyn on child abuse
Posted by JOHN MANN MP 0pc on July 23, 2015
23 July 2015

Dear Jeremy,

As you know, for decades there was widespread child sexual abuse taking place in the London Borough of Islington.

. . .

Your inaction in the 1980s and 1990s says a lot . . .

Yours Sincerely

John Mann MP
www.mann4bassetlaw.com...

Corbyn’s silence over child abuse in Islington is typical of how he picks and chooses his causes

. . .

No doubt, one reason why Corbyn failed to speak out more vocally about child abuse in Islington was because his local Labour colleagues were implicated in the scandal

. . .

. . . a hard left council that in the words of the journalist who broke the story “facilitated the abuse by employing known paedophiles and brazenly attempting to cover it up, shredding crucial documents, dismissing media reports about the scandal as ‘gutter journalism’, accusing staff who raised concerns of racism and homophobia, and hounding whistleblowers out of their jobs.”
labour-uncut.co.uk...

What do Jeremy Corbyn's supporters have to say about this issue? It's well documented by numerous sources that he failed to act, beyond a one line quote in a newspaper and an alleged appeal for action from higher up. This in spite of some whistleblowers carrying on for years reminding him. Allegedly he was polite to some but rude to others. No action. No campaign. No loss of popularity within the corrupt system.

I see there are lots of people here holding up mass produced signs saying "I voted for a new kind of politics". www.theguardian.com... 'New'?

The Corbyn campaign is highly organised. Huge resources are being put into it.

The aim is to put a politician with a history of ignoring organised child rape into power.

edit on 9 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I do prefer Corbyn to cameron and Boris Bullington obviously, but I do wish he would stand up and focus on the abuse of our kids and put his political force where its needed in this country.

Quite frankly I am sick of the immigrants being the focus of attention and wish they would simply buzz off elsewhere and behave themselves so that our politicians could stop trying to win the "Goody of the Year" self appointed award many of them seem to be striving so hard for.

I would have more respect for them if they focused on the business of running this country and repairing its many shortcomings for the public and especially the English who are the only ones without their own parliament etc - there is actually an awful lot of work for them to be sorting out on this little island - whether we stay in the EU or go - and I hope we go.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn sank the Titanic, started World War II and shot John Lennon.....according to the Daily Mail

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

The Mail is the Tory speak read so it shows how much cameron is worried about Corbyn's popularity. Mind you anything wearing shoes is probably preferred to cameron these days.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If only he would wear a proper suit do up his tie and sing the national anthem. It seems it's Cameron who continues to ignore the allegations of child abuse, put to him by Yom Robinson all those months ago. Prefefering to white wash it as a conspiracy theory dreamt up by the likes of David Icke, but who cares about Jimmy Saville being a big Tory supporter hob knob Bing with Maggie thatcher at chequers for Christmas. Let's ignore that and focus on the scruffy lefty

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

If it was the eighties I'd understand Corbyns popularity (does this reflect where we are up to as a nation?), but I think he is a giant twerp.
Never has the Labour party been so irrelevant.
Some say that he's a plant, sent to destroy the party from within.
I've never liked Cameron or the Tories but as long as Corbyn is in charge there will be no effective opposition.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

So what I take from the links, he did act but did not do enough in their opinion. So to call it silence and inaction is incorrect but he hasn't campaigned on the issue right?

From what I can see it is pretty normal for MPs to choose a small number of issues to campaign on, it's clear to see where Corbyn has been focused, I really don't see anything of substance here that would change my opinion of him but a weak smear attempt.

The Corbyn campaign is highly organised. Huge resources are being put into it.

The aim is to put a politician with a history of ignoring organised child rape into power.

I don't buy this at all. The establishment hate Corbyn because he stands against them, they are constantly trying to discredit him, they don't want him in power. Do you really think they would choose Corbyn if this was their plan as opposed to a 'safer' bet? I support him but he has a lot of work to do to win over voters in the face of the right wing media (and even most of the left wing media). He is far from a dead cert I'm sure you will agree?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

To be perfectly honest, you could say the same about almost any politician.
None of them seem to be too active as far as the child abuse thing goes.
There are many things I dislike about Corbyn but I wouldn't personally have singled out this one issue to attack him for.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't care that Corbyn doesn't wear a Saville Row suit and doesn't do his tie up.

I don't really care that he often looks 'scruffy'.

I like the fact that Corbyn is trying to bring issues like Nationalisation to the forefront of UK politics.

I like the fact that Corbyn tries to challenge the government on its totally unnecessary and vindictive 'austerity cuts'.

I like the fact that he at least tries to debate the issues rather than resort to hysteria and populism.

I don't like the fact that Corbyn seems hell bent on stripping this country of its independent nuclear deterrent.

I despise the fact that he shared a stage with known terrorists, refused to condemn those terrorists whilst at the same time criticising our own Armed services in their dealings with those self same murdering terrorists.

I abhor that he has consistently refused to speak out against the child abuse that occurred in his own constituency or pass comment on his knowledge and / or involvement of any cover up.

I absolutely hate the fact he fully supports and actively encourages the current party whip system that insists MP's follow the party line rather than their own personal convictions or the best interests of their own constituents.

Corbyn plays the party political game same as all current politicians.
His primary concern seems to be to retain the existing unfit for purpose party political system and all the inherent failings that go with it.

Corbyn is no better, and no worse, than any other current politician.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Corbyn was born into a quite wealthy upper class family, I cannot understand why he would want to represent the working classes, many stations in life below his own, strange fellow, still, might explain his weird utterances.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shminkee Pinkee
Jeremy Corbyn sank the Titanic, started World War II and shot John Lennon.....according to the Daily Mail

And caused 9/11 o wait sorry that was Obama !

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

If it was the eighties I'd understand Corbyns popularity (does this reflect where we are up to as a nation?), but I think he is a giant twerp.
Never has the Labour party been so irrelevant.
Some say that he's a plant, sent to destroy the party from within.
I've never liked Cameron or the Tories but as long as Corbyn is in charge there will be no effective opposition.

He is far better than the slimy Blair or the spineless millipede!

And I can't stand Corbyns policy's

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Corbyn was absolutely right when he said that if we bomb people in the ME it will mean that innocents will be killed and so we will face more people radicalised against us through their grief.

He didn't actually give a better solution though I grant you.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn ate my Hamster..

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

...and was then sick all over my daughter. There's no doing anything with the man.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
When it comes not doing enough about child abuse then that claim can be directed at almost every MP, Head of Police, Doctor, Nurses , BBC Staff(!) etc etc since way back whenever to when the Jimmy Saville abuse became apparent.

That letter written by Mann was written and made public by Mann himself during the Labour leadership campaign when he supported another candidate.... Why did he do that was it is simply coincidence after 20 years ?

Finding out what happened way back then is notoriously difficult using the internet so the only thing you find is the accusation (worded as fact) by these very anti Labour outlets : Daily Mail , Telegraph , Sunnation , Spectator. Surely they wouldn't use the difficulty in tracing facts to refute a claim to help them with their anti Corbyn smear tactics......would they? Are people that stupid to fall for such obvious tactics?

Read Mann's letter in full don't cherry pick quotes, the context is a bit different in full.

Oh and don't forget at that time it was a Tory government so really any inaction goes back to the home secretary at the time...Michael Howard. Not only that we know there was an endemic cover-up by government back then.

top topics

join