It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Revolution Beginning?.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

TEHRAN, Iran � Dozens of militants stormed at least two university dormitories, beating up students in their beds and detaining several of them as violence aimed at silencing government critics raged through Iran's capital.

Could this be the start of that Iranian Revolution you have all be talking about? Cause I've been seeing a lot of incidents like these lately.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's far too early to say yet.
But as we are actually getting broadcasts of these demonstrations I would say that there seems to be a softening in the Iranian government's stance.

Previously, any demonstration would would have been dissolved immediately. The fact that these have been "allowed" to continue for 4 nights in a row says to me that there is something much deeper occuring in Iran than just a few student protests.

I would expect the US propaganda machine to seize upon this opportunity. In my opinion, the messages that have been sent to Iran since the fall of Saddam, seem to be getting through.

Time will tell. Either there is going to be a serious crackdown on these demonstrations or they are the first step to a freer Iranian society.

As for the militants? Look upon them as a government militia. As long as the students can resist them, they have the upper hand. When the official Iranian police force get involved in mass detentions and beatings of protestors they've got a problem. Until then, they need to capatilize on every small victory they can gain.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the poeple have seen this before, right next door, in iraq, they realised that if they do nothing, if they stand by and let the gov't take control of their nations decisions, then they'll be annexed too. they realised that this will happen, and they're fighting for it. the revolution must go on, and i think we should support it, 100 percent. otherwise, it'll be another bloodbath.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks like the media is readying the line up of the next war and looks to be Iran.

If you watch the [brainwasher] media closely you will notice they work slowly. They don't just come out and say we plan on going to war with a country, they slowly try and influence the public opinion first by coming out with stories. It all happens in slow well executed cycles that enables them to build up enough steam for what they claim as reasoning for war.

Remember before the Iraq war FOX started bringing up little tid bits here and there. They used Scott Spiker, Scott Spiker the downed pilot from the gulf war. They started talking about Scott Spiker may still be alive in Iraq being held captive by Saddam when in fact they didn't give a damn about that man, cause if they did they would have reached out for him a long time ago. But the whole point was just planting the initial seed in peoples minds so that they could slowly add more fuel and it be excepted by the masses for reasoning behind going to war. After that they added human meat grinders and whatever else they could think of, I wish I would have documented it all.

Then it was Iraq may have nukes and are trying to acquire more, but no, they didn't and of course it was bogus. Then it was they have chemical and biological weapons which were claimed to be destroyed and probably were and even if they weren't all destroyed they would have become expired anyway. Then at last it was well, we are going to liberate the Iraqi people, and I don't know about you but those Iraqi people don't look very liberated. I Wonder why you don't see the media asking them how they feel about the so-called liberators now.

[Edited on 14-6-2003 by Total Enslavement]

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
as much as a like the USA helping other countries they don;t exactly have the best record when it comes to installing puppet governments. but it would give them a chance to pay them back for hostage taking that happened in the 70's

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What Iranians (70% of which are under 30) are worried about is the death toll brought about by the Bast regime.

Lets face it by now the word is out, disagree with what your Arab leaders think is right and no one with do anything for you (except the US). This is why all the promises were broken but things have changed.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Iranian government seems to be trying to appease it's detractors by arresting hardline regime supporters.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This could either be seen as a ploy to calm their population, the sign of genuine reform ahead or a power struggle between the reformist president and the religous leaders.

This isn't going to need US military involvement in the near future.
Iran is maybe trying to sort itself out.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If the Iranian regime does decide to beat down on these protestors it is going to have to imprison and possibly execute an awful lot of people whose only crime was to demonstrate for freedom.

As I stated before, I don't see immediate US action but apart from the US isolationist view I can't see why anyone would logically not support military action against a regime that perpetrates such an atrocity.

Sometimes, when the people can't help themselves maybe it's up to others to help them out?

Otherwise, if the worse comes to the worst, and the Iranian regime cracks down hard on the people, the only hope that the Iranian people have is if they can regain the power of spirit in the uprising in the revolution of '79.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As I stated before, I don't see immediate US action but apart from the US isolationist view I can't see why anyone would logically not support military action against a regime that perpetrates such an atrocity

wtf?

dude, we just annexed iraq. that's not isolationist.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross

dude, we just annexed iraq. that's not isolationist.

Dude. I'm referring to public opinion.

top topics

join