It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's Likelihood of Becoming POTUS Is a Sign That Society Is Breaking Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton's likelihood of becoming POTUS currently is anywhere from 58% to 70% according to the gambling websites:

www.predictit.org...

www.oddschecker.com...

You can't have a society without being able to trust others. Society is built on contracts. Most of the contracts are unwritten, when people break those contracts, things start to break down. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I'm not making a moral argument here, I'm only referring to pragmatic issues.

American society has considered lying to be of the utmost importance in the past. Just look at the last president to get in any serious legal trouble during his presidency, it was Bill Clinton and the issue was perjury (lying).

It seemed to me that George W. Bush and Barrack Obama had decent records concerning honesty before they were elected president. I don't know if they were perfect but they were nothing like Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Hilarity: "I Try Not To Lie"

www.youtube.com...

The situation with Hillary Clinton is unnerving and shocking to me. Just look at the interviewer at the beginning of the video above, he represents a lot of us. Honesty is essential for anyone in public office, especially a president, so many are losing touch with that.

Where is this all headed?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

All Hail the Queen!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Actually, if HRC is elected, it is a perfect reflection of this country's gullibility, shallow thinking, and laziness on the part of the voting population, and by extension, all of us. Gullibility in any of us that believing the promises she makes on a daily basis, shallow thinking in that we buy excuses she's made for violations of the public trust.

That brings us to laziness: to those that can't take the time or effort to vet her past, and recognize a personality that craves power and money, accumulating both while serving as the SoS. Laziness for ignoring Clinton's inability to follow the rules the rest of us commoners have to, and for many voters who will pull the lever for HRC because of partisan-ism or because she's a woman.

PS: Society has been in decline since they killed a president and got away with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I think you are wrong about democrats. It is the bible thumpers that are dumb, dem or rep. Bernie won Michigan.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry to say, it seems that some of the American people don't recognize a lie and the others accept that this is a part of the system and vote for??? This is what is happening this year. For us Trump supporters we are accepting that their will be compromise with the elites.

For me it is absolutely a protest vote

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton's Likelihood of Becoming POTUS Is a Sign That Society Is Breaking Down?

Depends on how one sees things.

For some, society is breaking down, for me, whats happening to society is one more persons 'dream society' beginning to emerge like a rose bloom opening.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Hillary Clinton's Likelihood of Becoming POTUS Is a Sign That Society Is Breaking Down?

For some, society is breaking down, for me, whats happening to society is one more persons 'dream society' beginning to emerge like a rose bloom opening.

A better analogy for me is that people are falling asleep in a poison ivy patch after picking some skunk cabbages.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'd like to see her be appointed president under the table deal. That will explain the answer to your statement.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No, you fool. It is a sign that it hasn’t.

Yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

In a sense, you're correct: US society is breaking down. Its embraced a slide into total degeneracy without much in the way of shared "values" or ethos. That's because so many have no sense of ethics and for so many, ethics don't matter. What I find odd is that in embracing Hilary, they're essentially saying......its o.k. for Hilary to lie to get whatever she wants because after all........."we" (her supporters) lie to get whatever they want.

I liked your statement: You can't have a society without being able to trust others. Society is built on contracts. Most of the contracts are unwritten, when people break those contracts, things start to break down. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I'm not making a moral argument here, I'm only referring to pragmatic issues. American society has considered lying to be of the utmost importance in the past. Just look at the last president to get in any serious legal trouble during his presidency, it was Bill Clinton and the issue was perjury (lying).

If you think about it, what you're referring to is, I think, what they call the "social contract". You know that's breaking apart when you see people walk past a shooting victim lying on the sidewalk without helping them.

On a practical level, when a nations people no longer share commonly accepted ethical values, that nation is less a "Nation State" than it is descended into nothing more than a "free trade business and taxation jurisdiction" where the only commonly accepted ethical value is "buyer beware". Put another way, playing off your statement above, you can't have a society of any resilience or lasting value when everyone expects they're being lied to constantly and where its understood that "contracts" have no value and can expect to be broken. What you end up with is a society that no longer flies or pays homage to the US American flag, but rather flies a flag that only has $$$$$$ signs on it.

So, what's the lesson here? Watch your back!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Put another way, playing off your statement above, you can't have a society of any resilience or lasting value when everyone expects they're being lied to constantly and where its understood that "contracts" have no value and can expect to be broken. What you end up with is a society that no longer flies or pays homage to the US American flag, but rather flies a flag that only has $$$$$$ signs on it.

So, what's the lesson here? Watch your back!

Here's an example of what I mean by the statement, "Society is built on contracts. Most of the contracts are unwritten, when people break those contracts, things start to break down." I'll explain it in a story:

An electrician is ordered to fix a traffic light (contract), he lies and says he fixed it when he didn't (broken contract)

You get in an accident because the traffic light wasn't fixed, a police officer is ordered to the scene immediately (contract), the officer lies and says that he's coming immediately but goes to eat lunch instead then comes over to help you (broken contract)

Because the officer waited to come, you have lost a lot of blood (which wouldn't have happened if you would have had immediate medical attention)

An ambulance is called to take you to a hospital and a doctor attends to you who lied on his application and doesn't have a medical degree (broken contract) and the person who hired him was his best friend who "never checked" if the "doctor" had a degree (broken contract)

So, you're given a blood transfusion of the wrong blood type because the "doctor" had no idea what he was doing (broken contract) and you end up dying from that

It's really obvious to me, everything in society is based on contracts. Think about all the implied contracts involved when you step into a taxi:

The taxi driver has a valid driver's license (implied contract)
The taxi driver is licensed to legally do their job (implied contract)
The taxi is safe and in good working condition (implied contract)
The airbags/seat belts work (implied contract)

When contracts are no longer possible because no one can trust anyone else, you can't have a society.

"So, what's the lesson here? Watch your back!"

That's my conclusion as well. That was exactly what I was thinking when I was writing the original post. Get out of metropolitan areas if you must live in the United States. I would choose a small town with people who still have decent values, if that's even possible anymore.

The following thread comes to mind:

Living Without Laws: Slab City, USA

Not that that is a good choice at all. I'm just pointing that out because there could be things out there we don't know about.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks and Thanks for the clarification and examples of broken contracts. Agreed.........and Agreed! Those are ALL prime examples of precisely what is meant by the "broken contracts" and I "think" or "speculate" that they get broken because of a lack of shared values commonly agreed upon by all members of the society. And yes, we're seeing this type behavior at all levels of the society, i.e., gov't employees, private service providers, etc.

One prime example of an "effect" this seems to be having is what's been referred to as the "Ferguson" effect. That is, where policing authorities across the US are actively instructing first responders to add an additional 5 to 10 minutes to their response times when responding to active shooter incidents. That's because they don't want the officers to interdict when shots are actively being fired thus forced to return fire. Another odd example we're seeing now, IMHO, is this trend of policing officers, when they find themselves in confrontations, just indiscriminately opening fire upon unarmed "suspects".

I also agree with your statement: " Get out of metropolitan areas if you must live in the United States. I would choose a small town with people who still have decent values, if that's even possible anymore. "

Unfortunately, I have no choice, due to poverty, except to live in the US, so I've moved to a very remote region near a small town (village really), but I can tell you that even here there's a LOT of suspicion and outright hostility and not a lot of agreement on shared values. And worse, based upon evidence I gathered yesterday, it appears the government is relocating even more hostile people into the area.

Two other areas being affected by this breakdown in the contract arrangements? 1) Food service at Restaurants! Look at Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants.....another closure reported today due to a disease outbreak. Why? Employees are told to wash their hands before returning to work......they obviously don't, then 2) The Railroads: the railroad employee is told to fix/maintain the signal lights to warn of approaching trains........they go to lunch or the nearby bar instead! The signals are broken and two people have been killed at rail road crossings in my area in the last 6 months!

We can only expect this to get progressively worse over time. Once the social contract is broken.......there's no fixing it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks for your input. Those are perfect examples.

I learned some new things from this discussion with you and one thing that occurred to me is the fact that as the number of people that live in an area increases, the more important this contract issue becomes. The reason is, the larger the number of contracts that are involved in a given area over a period of time there are, the more potential there will be for cutting corners/lying/cheating/stealing/fraud.

If you live in a community with 500 people there will be a tiny amount of contracts involved in that little society compared with the number of contracts involved in a city where millions of people live.

It's so obvious and yet vitally important. When you consider the fact that "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.", how many more opportunities are there for "weak links" in a metropolitan area compared to a village in a short period of time? It's undoubtedly a gigantic number when you realize that the average person is part of a multitude of contracts each day when functioning in a society.

In a society where lack of trust is a big issue, you're much safer living in a smaller community (all other things being equal). It's basic math.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If HRC does get in it's merely the population 'experimenting'.

The blacks helped push Obama into office thinking he would further the black cause.
There are several YT vids of blacks saying Obama will send them checks.
Now the blacks are disillusioned. No free gravy train.

This time the women think HRC will further their cause.
That and Sanders is too far to the left.
But what's about to happen will upset women overall.
Mandatory selective service registration is coming to women. Long overdue IMO.
The defacto child custody is on the edge. Courts are about to require children s services to review each case before sign off.

Ladies you wanted full equality, here it comes.
HRC will only hasten things,

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
She could basically shoot someone on live TV and still get elected at this point.

I think Trump will give her a good run for the money, but in the end, she'll get it....and four more years of Obama basically. More bad trade deals where they get everything, we get nothing, ignoring the disaster that is the ACA (ObamaCare), and closer and closer to the NWO.....
edit on 9-3-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: Azureblue

A better analogy for me is that people are falling asleep in a poison ivy patch after picking some skunk cabbages.

I think your right actually and its the case all round the western world unfortunately. People like us a fighting a loosing battle I think.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

She will have Bernie and Warren on her. Look how far left they pull her now. Let us say Trump wins. He answers to no one and I guess that is what his supporters think they want.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
April 19, 2016

I was listening to New York exit polls on the radio today. Almost everyone who voted said that they were disappointed in what Obama has done and want REAL CHANGE. Democrat, Republican, Black, White...everyone.

How is Hillary Clinton winning so many states if she represents the status-quo...more of the same? What type of personality is voting for Hillary Clinton???

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton's Likelihood of Becoming POTUS Is a Sign That Society Is Breaking Down

I think it is a confirmation that the elections are rigged and the US government is thriving on corruption.

Just a few euro-cents of a non-american..

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

To be honest I am a little scared if Hillary becomes the next potus... Last year or so I've been listening and watching some stuff about the Clintons,..if true... those two are something of a Bonny and Clide of an entirely different and scary level.

Last thing I watched is this...

It is damaging... of course one has to be attentive not to belief false accusations but this reek overwhelmingly to NEVER TO BECOME POTUS.

The american citizens should be aware that in this time they live in a country which is in rapid need of a president with integrity, sincerity and being a smart person. Not just the people of the USA is in need of such a person but the entire world will be affected by the person who will be the next potus.

From what I've learned Hillary is trying to become potus for all the wrong reasons. She will most likely abuse the power bestowed on her for personal gain ... The road she has taken to get where she is today speaks for itself.

edit on 21/4/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join