It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes Feb. attack on Syria?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I know it isn't always accurate, but www.debka.com is reporting the following.

DEBKAfile’s Military and US sources reveal: Bush has ordered US Iraq commander Gen. Casey to prepare February attack on Syria. Assad sends Syria’s chief of staff Gen. Habib to establish command post on Iraqi border. Israel braces for Hizballah backlash.

I am trying to find more sources on this. If anyone does, please post them.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Makes sense to me. By then the newly formed Iraqi government will be in place and could request that the Americans go get the borders secure and leave the internal security to the Iraqi people. Now, with all that munitions and armor and and troops still there, it would not be difficult to fit a border battle in the scheme of things. Best thing is that the troops can still be nearby to maintain security over the Iraqi OIL !!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thx I didnt know debka, nice site, good in depth information, doesn't seem too heavily biased to the left or the right, as those partisan blogs that call themselves newspapers...

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here are a few articles of interest that I found. If you put all of this together, it is beginning to look serious.

Assad complains of heavy U.S. pressure on Syria

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20050110/pl_afp/syriausassad_050110164148

and

Ex-Baathists Play Crucial Insurgent Role, U.S. Says

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Time for some serious punishment for the renegade Baathists and the Syrian regime. Syria's population might not be too happy with the consequences of their foolhardy president's actions. Here's hoping for another regime change. Interestingly, Iraqi and Syrian regime changes were prerequisites for a Mosul-Haifa oil pipleline. Might come in handy; could pay for some quality antiterrorism equipment for those up and coming democracies. But first, time for a serious beatdown.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by HeirToBokassa]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You can read the entire article here:

www.debka.com...

Armitage went to Damascus with nine American demands. Then it mentions how it may play out.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting, why attack Syria before Iran? Iran is certainly the more dangerous of the two and is surrounded. Seems like it would be wiser to attack iran and then have to deal with syria while occupying afghanistan, iran, and iraq, rather than syria first and have to occupy and control it while attacking iran.

Unless they are predicting a general uprising regardless of who they attack next, and would rather open with a strike against an arab coalition, rather than have one pop up in the rear when wagin war against iran. Of course, why iran wouldn't also joiin the urprising is questionable. I suppose it might be better to have a surrounded iran join an uprising and be more engaged with the arab states than be engaged with iran and have the unsurrounded arab states rise up.

Man, this really shows what a waste of power Israel was. If they're attacking syria and some plausible arab uprising alliance first, then they might not be planning to give much responsibility there to the Israelis.

Of course, the other possibility is to attack syria as a feint, to open up the greater pan-arab and iranian war, and then make the real mass of the attack on iran, and then leave the levant operations to Israel.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I posted this same story today in the AM and the MODS yanked it!

same link, same headline

go figure ?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Kurds nominate Syria for regime change.

Amid all the discussions and debates about the disputed role of Kurds in the new Iraqi constitution, one could feel and hear another hot topic as it rushed around the periphery of the meeting. Many of those present had relatives and friends in northern Syria and were in cell-phone contact with them hour by hour. In and around the city of Kamishli, in the past few days, several dozen Kurdish protesters have been shot down by Baathist police and militia for raising the Kurdish flag and for destroying pictures and statues of the weak-chinned hereditary ruler, Bashar al-Assad. In tussling with local party goons who shout slogans in favor of the ousted Saddam, it is clear, they are hoping for a rerun of regime change.

About time. Teach those cowardly fascists a lesson. Time to kick some insurgent teeth in by hitting their supply lines in Syria, and time to support the oppressed Kurds who've been fighting the Baathists and Ansar-al-Islam.

Oh wait, the Turks might mind. Well a deal can be made wherin Turkey's interests vis-a-vis the Kurds can be respected in return a more responsible Iran policy on their part.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People sorry to bring this to you but all these regime change is only making more terrorist and more discontent again the US, and our soldiers are just targeted the more we interfere with the middle east.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yea!! Good idea just like in Cambodia and Laos other great ideas, we did so well there! Go team kill $$$ oh got to go my gas tank is on empty got to go refill wait more acid rain out my window- that’s cool though cause the only thing left living here is us stupid apes with guns.

Keep on hateing in the free world

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People sorry to bring this to you but all these regime change is only making more terrorist and more discontent again the US, and our soldiers are just targeted the more we interfere with the middle east.

good morning princess!
nice to see you wide awake.

one other thing:
was this just a big coincidence,
or is this topic CLOSELY connected to death squads to be deployed?
yeah.
deployed in syria.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by marg6043

good morning princess!
nice to see you awake.

The middle east brought the WAR to the US many years ago. Clinton and Bush 41 did nothing to stop Terror. WTC bombing 1 then the Embassies, then the Cole and don't forget about the "Shefield" where Saddam hit a US ship with a French Missile.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yeah, all these people just got up one day and thought "I think I'll start attacking Americans" , for want of something better to do.

Maybe if the US had not spent so much time and money propping up brutal regimes that oppressed these people then the problem wouldn't exist.
Address the root cause and maybe things might change for the better.

Of course, those in power and the ones that preceded them who have caused all the hatred through their international meddling are entirely blameless. It's the job of the ordinary Joe in the street to go get himself killed or crippled trying to clear up the mess. All the while waving the flag like the good little conditioned drones that they are.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Yeah, all these people just got up one day and thought "I think I'll start attacking Americans" , for want of something better to do.

Maybe if the US had not spent so much time and money propping up brutal regimes that oppressed these people then the problem wouldn't exist.

Of course, those in power and the ones that preceded them who have caused all the hatred through their international meddling are entirely blameless. It's the job of the ordinary Joe in the street to go get himself killed or crippled trying to clear up the mess. All the while waving the flag like the good little conditioned drones that they are.

Well perhaps if the "British" had not split up the middle east in such a moronic way after WWI...................ah hell and if frogs could fly...
(growing tired of wasteing fingertips)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
rotflmfao Well great I finally get my act together and decide to go to college and now I'm gonna get drafted. This sucks, hehe all hail King George!!

Seriously who helps him decide policy, Ghengis Khan? I can't believe anyone in their right mind think this will do anything but get the arabs to unite under one banner to kick our trash. Especially if Israel gets involved, then we could all be screwed pretty quick. This is all starting to remind me of how World War I got started, except this time it was two planes into a civvie target not the assasination of a leader.
Oh yeah to those of you who would flame me for being anti-bush, don't bother I believe in the constitution not the government. Personally if I thought it would succeed I would be trying to start a petition for a vote of no confidence to our entire government. Yes what happened on september 11th was horrifying, but I question it being a true surprise to those in the know. Between that and patriot one and two I no longer have the heart to stand between a government I see as tyrannical.
Will I still fight for my country if called to? Absolutelly I have no choice. I have three little brothers on of which is now draft age, if one of us has to see combat I would rather it be me than him.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

More or less. To be more precise, macho Islamfascist culture can not accept that other civilizations without the "benefit" of Islam can exceed them in science, technology, prosperity and happiness. Read the editorial by Abdel Rahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al- Arabiya news channel.

We cannot redeem our extremist youths, who commit all these heinous crimes, without confronting the Sheikhs who thought it ennobling to re-invent themselves as revolutionary ideologues, sending other people's sons and daughters to certain death, while sending their own children to European and American schools and colleges.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/09/05/wosse605.xml

The root causes are for Islamic societies to address, if they can ever come to terms with the fact that their society is far from the pinnacle of human civilization. If they chose to throw tantrums and commit mass murders instead, they will be punished severely.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

one other thing:
was this just a big coincidence,
or is this topic CLOSELY connected to death squads to be deployed?
yeah.
deployed in syria.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Souljah]

Thanks for the link I was not aware of US organizing this type of offensive.

Dr.Horacid the middle east problems and the US involvement are older than you and me, perhaps is started the day that the middle east discovered that they held the biggest reserves of oil in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not blaming this all on the yanks DrHoracid. I blame all the current and past British, American and other western governments who have created these problems for us all.
The sickest part is where those leaders dress it up as some sort of patriotic duty to protect our freedoms and serve up democracy, as long as it's not them and theirs doing the fighting.
It all comes down to power and wealth and has always been the same throughout history. Well, at least we used to have leaders who would lead their armies into battle, not the cowardly suits that govern us today.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We cannot redeem our extremist youths, who commit all these heinous crimes, without confronting the Sheikhs who thought it ennobling to re-invent themselves as revolutionary ideologues, sending other people's sons and daughters to certain death, while sending their own children to European and American schools and colleges.

And that makes them different from our western leaders how?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join