It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

These measures (if anyone bothered to actually read them rather than believe the hyperbolic right-wing propaganda on a site covered in spammy links so OBVIOUSLY designed to cash in on the insane paranoia of the average ATS member) are actually no different to the measures adopted in several countries, designed to look for radicalization of ANY KIND.

I wonder if FBI defenders realized how utterly nonsensical they sound.

See because here in the US we have that thing called the BILL of RIGHTS.

Starting with the first amendment.

That talks about FREE SPEECH and FREEDOM of expression.

Funny thing about that?

The founding fathers wrote that in at number one. Because it was 'taboo' to criticize the British Crown.

They then followed with other amendments that talk about DUE process, and crimes being PROVEN in courts of LAW.

They THEN doubled down on the Bill of RIGHTS with the 14th amendment.

That goes

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

www.law.cornell.edu...

Funny someone throwing those words 'right wing' around.

Because that is EXACTLY what those FBI 'documents' are.

FASCIST as it gets.
edit on 8-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: neo96

I agree, we are just frogs in a pot of water and it is heating up.

Yeah, and you've been saying that for how many years now?
Did you claim that when Bush was president?
How about when the story about "FEMA death camps" was popular?
How about when Alex Jones claimed Martial Law was coming (for 1,000th time)?
How about Jade Helm - when nothing f-ing happened?
How about the Boston "false flag" when the kid admitted it?
How about...

The sky is always falling with you lot, the government is always "just about to start" coming after people, the world is always "almost justifying" your half-hearted attempts at filling a bug-out bag, and everything is "almost" reason to start filling the tub with water and barricading your doors.

I'm starting to think that you guys only keep this going so desperately because you want to feel like you haven't been deluding yourselves for years.
If you had to admit that, actually, things aren't that bad and the government isn't actually evil, you might start to feel incredibly stupid.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
That talks about FREE SPEECH and FREEDOM of expression.

And please tell me how these rights have been in ANY WAY impacted by these measures...

Let me guess, you think the same thing about police investigations too, right? What about the rights of the criminal about to commit a crime? What about someone about to blow up a building? Does the free speech and freedom of expression exclude them from being investigated if their behaviour or actions deem them a risk to others?

Like I said, you guys are f-ing nuts!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

WOW! From trying to justify what the United States government does by comparing it to other countries, then making it about Trump?

No kidding.

The topic is about what the FBI is actually doing.

Versus some guy who may not even be president.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I love the personal insults.

And the only thing I have to say is.

People like me aren't running the insane asylum.

People like the FBI are.

Seig Heil.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Things aren't that bad? No they're pretty bad, unemployment is way higher than what is listed by the bureau of labor statistics. Housing market sucks and oils way down. The government might not be "evil" but its staffed with a bunch of career politicians that are self serving sobs. Put your head in the sand and be a sheep I don't care. Watch your insults....everyones tough on the internet.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is terrible. I teach my children to question authority and ask questions and not believe everything the government tells them. Having said that, I also teach them to be law abiding citizens with great manners and etiquette.

Why should my children be on a terrorist watch list? They shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Leto2

Watch your insults....everyones tough on the internet.

If this was school.

I would have to report his behavior to the FBI as an 'extremist'.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
They don't have to order the teachers to do it it's rather a suggestion and their solution to the issue(apparently they know best). This is not new but seems to becoming more invasive.

Anyone who was in the US school system post Columbine knows...

Are you concerned about the FBI’s new “pre-crime” high school spying program?

When I went to school I was taught to question everything specially the government.

That it was, almost to say, protocol to be put on the radar even only by a local program advising schools on who might be "pre crime" motivated.

Pre Columbine 90s we weren't encouraged to "question everything". In fact, going outside of that, landed me in for some questioning (about my parents political leanings)because I didn't align with the political leanings of the area "who would you vote for" questionnaire.

To say am not shocked because it's something that many of us grew up with during the school years. Sadly expect the same or similar as the election draws near.
edit on 8-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: pre

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Oh, and you have seen so many positive changes in the USA since 911?

The patriotic Act

The 2012, 2013. 2014, 2015, Authoritarian Act.

TTP.

The rise of Homeland Security.

The TSA

I could go on, but you should see the erosion that has been placed on We The People.

I'm starting to think that you guys only keep this going so desperately because you want to feel like you haven't been deluding yourselves for years.
If you had to admit that, actually, things aren't that bad and the government isn't actually evil, you might start to feel incredibly stupid.

Yeah, you might "believe" we are all incredibly stupid, but the one's that are a wake see things going down hill pretty fast. Just look how corrupt our Republican elections are going on right now.

Oh but you want everyone to believe everything is fine and our bought and paid for government has OUR best interest for We The People. Keep telling yourself everything is just wonderful.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: seagull

I wonder how many of those teachers will actually do it?

Group think and career advancement will encourage them..
"if you're not with us you're against us" mentality

Not as much group think as union contracts and the realization that the very same government they are looking out for criticism of is the same one that signs their paychecks ...

It's the same thing that holds the police in line.

Sure, they work for "us," but "us" is money filtered through the government.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OMG the thought police are at it again.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Funny then, how Republican State Congresses have passed a multitude of laws, against women, gay's, muslims, and other minorities, so y'all like all parts of the Constitution that support you, but you do not believe it applies to females, gays, non-whites, or people of other religions. Yep sounds like the Republicans in the United States.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Funny then, how Republican State Congresses have passed a multitude of laws, against women, gay's, muslims, and other minorities, so y'all like all parts of the Constitution that support you, but you do not believe it applies to females, gays, non-whites, or people of other religions. Yep sounds like the Republicans in the United States.

Doesn't have a damn thing to do with the FBI.

Frankly that's political TROLLING.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Framing this conduct as ‘concerning behavior’ doesn’t conceal the fact that the FBI is policing students’ thoughts and trying to predict the future based on those thoughts.

The Minority Report has come to America

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Say what ? LoL

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I agree, we are just frogs in a pot of water and it is heating up.

Did you claim that when Bush was president?
How about when the story about "FEMA death camps" was popular?
How about when Alex Jones claimed Martial Law was coming (for 1,000th time)?
How about Jade Helm - when nothing f-ing happened?
How about the Boston "false flag" when the kid admitted it?
How about...

The sky is always falling with you lot, the government is always "just about to start" coming after people, the world is always "almost justifying" your half-hearted attempts at filling a bug-out bag, and everything is "almost" reason to start filling the tub with water and barricading your doors.

LOL Welcome to the site? Mainstream news outlets that way>>

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Massive Left Wing NWO policies in progress.

They are moving fast in Obama's last year.

The Police State is becoming reality.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

What is your problem, are you now the headline police?

Again, it is a fact that the FBI has programs for Pre- Crime prevention.

Alarming “Pre-Crime” Program: FBI ORDERS TEACHERS TO REPORT STUDENTS WHO QUESTION GOVERNMENT

You just provided a headline that is BS??

That is as much a "FACT" as...

Women 'had sex with aliens and gave birth to hybrid babies'
sitsshow.blogspot.com...

Well...hell...I provided a headline and a link..so it is a FACT!!!!

Your OP and Headline is BS ...according to the exact document you reference as your the source..

edit on 8-3-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join