It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Isn't that what the GD piece of paper is for?

Should the worst ever come to pass, and some here in, or out in the world need shelter, and a place to hide? What I have is yours.

Up to, and including, my blood and life. I will not bow to injustice such as this. I may not be out in the streets protesting it, then again I might be, but I will be, at the least, quietly subversive in every way possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Great idea!

Hold em to the fire, and I am sure they will get really hot and uncomfortable if you drop that bomb!

Just make sure you have someone discreetly filming you so we can all see you quickly ushered out the meeting!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I posted something similar but it seems that not many actually read the document.

Oh well, truth...good story...etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I wonder how many of those teachers will actually do it?

Group think and career advancement will encourage them..
"if you're not with us you're against us" mentality

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I prefer not being an 'Anne Frank'.

If my number is up?

I prefer to go out standing instead of a cowering in a spider hole.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Informer1958

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

Can you link me to this order?...Can't find it...Not in your link..

And nothing personal...but if you are going to say something in your OP headline, it helps when you actually provide a direct link to it..

All the information you're complaining about was provide by clicking on

Guidelines which was linked into the article.

Which sends you too............drum roll please? Preventing Violent Extremism in Schools January 2016

Guess you were a little hasty for jumping the gun?

Read that garbage and pretend it doesn't bother you just a bit!

So let me be straight-up since you opted to strike a childish tone here...

(A) The link you provided is in fact correct

(B) It wasn't provided in the OP despite it being the topic of the headline because it is the exact opposite of what the OP headline claims

(C) No where in the "Guideline" does the FBI "Order" anything...this OP belongs in the Hoax bin

(D) The "Guide" actually has pages and pages telling teachers how to intervene ON THIER OWN...with "Teachers" "community resource" "mental health, social workers" "school resource officers, faith-based organizations, and/or crisis intervention teams." etc. etc. Complete with a guide for helping..

Only after a mass of options...then if young johnny who wants to join ISIS keeps going ...THEN

If a student continues on a trajectory to violence, the one remaining option is a law enforcement disruption.

Even then the guideline says..

The FBI, state, local, or tribal law enforcement partners cannot arrest their way out of the current threat environment; however, the FBI is committed to providing options for youths to help them disengage from violent extremism or a trajectory to violence. Arrests remain a viable option, however, if disengagement activities are not successful.

Jesus...the FBI is begging...Only call us as an absolute last resort...

As if they haven't said it on every page...

WHO SHOULD I CONTACT AND WHEN?
The disengagement process begins when observations lead to contemplating two key questions: Who should I tell and When?

The FBI advocates for the empowerment of school districts to affect change when concerning behavior or communications are exhibited by an at-risk student.

info.publicintelligence.net...

The ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE OF THE OP HEADLINE...

I don't have a dog in this fight apart from HATING BS..........And this OP is BS....

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Let us know of the reactions.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What a load of total and complete bunk. Clearly nobody has bothered to read the document and just took some website's wild mostly made up version of it. You can read it here.Preventing Violent Extremism in Schools

It does not require teachers to report anything about questioning the Government or anything else to any law enforcement. It is mostly about intervening at a school, family, religious, and community level. In fact the only time it suggests communicating with any type of law enforcement is when a violent or illegal activity is suspected. Otherwise education is pretty much the suggestion in how to counter possible student being recruited. If you not want read it, here are the basics.

The FBI does not advocate the application of any psychological or demographic “profiles” or check lists of indicators to identify students on a pathway to radicalization. Rather, the FBI endorses taking a holistic approach in considering the totality of concerning behaviors in the appropriate context, assessing the likelihood an individual is progressing on a trajectory to radicalization and/or future violent action in furtherance of an extremist cause.

In 2000, the FBI conducted a study of school violence, The School Shooter, resulting in the identification of “leakage”—a common warning behavior for students advocating violence. Leakage occurs when a student intentionally or unintentionally reveals clues to feelings, thoughts, fantasies, attitudes, or intentions that signal an impending act. These clues emerge as subtle threats, boasts, innuendos, predictions, or ultimatums and are conveyed in numerous forms (e.g. stories, diaries, journals, essays, poems, manifestos, letters, songs, drawings, and videos).

The 2000 FBI School Shooter study suggests a student’s personality, family, school, and social dynamics must be analyzed by school administrators and counselors to determine how best to respond to concerning behaviors or communications. Recognizing behavior or communications indicative of radicalization leading to violence allows for a community’s preemptive action, including intervention or disruption, prior to mobilization.

Intervention is not a new concept for schools who are already engaged in secondary and tertiary forms of prevention to address behavioral issues. Many schools already possess Crisis Response Teams or Behavioral Assessment and Care Teams in place to develop intervention strategies for students in need of support. Existing teams can expand their scope to include violent extremism-specific concerning behavior. Intervention strategies that address violent extremism-specific concerning behavior should involve those who can most appropriately respond to the student’s perceived grievance. The response should leverage the strengths of governments, community organizations, social service agencies, and other professionals to provide what is commonly referred to as an “Off-Ramp”.

The school formulates an intervention plan in conjunction with the community and non-law enforcement entities on the federal or state level. Ideally, an intervention cadre should contain professionals from the local community representing multiple disciplines such as mental health, social workers, law enforcement, school resource officers, faith-based organizations, and/or crisis intervention teams.

The FBI encourages schools and their local communities to lead interventions of at-risk youth, unless the subject is mobilizing to violence. Interventions and corresponding action plans may consist of threat assessments, safety plans, progress updates, and re-assessments of the student. For a comprehensive intervention for an at-risk youth, schools should consider utilizing school administrators, faculty, counselors, and representatives from state/local law enforcement or school resource officers to staff your intervention teams.

If a youth’s intentions are conducting a violent act, law enforcement (e.g. local/state/tribal/federal) should be notified to initiate disengagement or execute a disruption. Law enforcement will aid threat mitigation activities and enhance overall school and community safety efforts.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I posted something similar but it seems that not many actually read the document.

Oh well, truth...good story...etc.

No kidding....It is like pointing at a blue sky and screaming rain...

The doc is the opposite of what they are saying it is...

It discourages involving law enforcement or contacting the FBI...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Schools can't even prevent STD's.

They can't prevent mass shootings.

They can't prevent teenage pregnancies.

So keep making excuses for the FBI Snitch 'policy'.

Getting their fellow classmates, and administration to spy on people.

Like the NSA wasn't enough. With Facebook, and Twitter.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I agree, the amount of knee jerk on this thread is akin to watching me, with a hangover, try to kick a football.

Some though may have actually gone and read the document by now, which would be nice.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Except, its a document based on reducing what is seen as subversive POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES.

Something the FBI should not do.

Frankly, you know damned well how teachers are reacting to things that question religious authority and state authority.

It says violent inclinations....ok, how the hell are teachers going to deduce what is a violent tendency.

It even mentions video games for crying out loud. GAMES can be a sign of violent inclinations....

You know the trend, and now they have guidelines FOR reporting what the FBI says to watch out for.

So because there is a disclaimer we are supposed to think its not also asking that a live and let live attitude be changed to a "everything you think is my business" sort of model?

Sure.

That is a hole our heads dont belong in.

So once the signs to NOT call are confirmed to be absent and some ill trained idiot teacher gets upset at a parent or student for saying Jesus isnt the messiah or the federal reserve is an agent of tyranny, what happens? Teachers call and say they have a potential home grown terry.

OR their parents get investigated....even better.

There is nothing benign about this. Things were benign before, now they are something else.

edit on 3 8 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That's you. There will be others who won't see it that way.

Hell, you might have need for a place to hole up for a bit, too.

There'll be many like you. ...even more like Anne Frank, who just want to get through it.

I have no idea how many there'll be like me, willing to fight it sub rosa, or otherwise as necessity dictates.

I sound like a Quentin Tarrantino movie...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Except, its a document based on reducing what is seen as subvertive POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES.

Let's hit the pause button there...

Provide some excerpt from the doc supporting your claim..

Cuz the OP said the Doc said all kinds of things...while not actually providing a link to it...

Now that I have read the Doc..I find the OP to be BS...

So enough of the "The Doc says" BS...support your claim with a full context excerpt..

Otherwise it is you just saying stuff...
info.publicintelligence.net...

link   

In 2000, the FBI conducted a study of school violence, The School Shooter, resulting in the identification of “leakage”—a common warning behavior for students advocating violence. Leakage occurs when a student intentionally or unintentionally reveals clues to feelings, thoughts, fantasies, attitudes, or intentions that signal an impending act. These clues emerge as subtle threats, boasts, innuendos, predictions, or ultimatums and are conveyed in numerous forms (e.g. stories, diaries, journals, essays, poems, manifestos, letters, songs, drawings, and videos).

Hummm... How is that working out for the FBI in our recent school shootings?

Looks like it is not working despite all the spying. How many school shooting have we had since 2000?

link   

So let me be straight-up since you opted to strike a childish tone here...

That there is funny! Hope you edited your first response! Didn't mean to trigger you.

When school teachers get outside agencies involved, who do those people work for? The document exists and it is intrusive, IE it gives school teachers the unwritten authority to play GOD by immediately involving more intrusive government agencies! You are using semantics to undermine something that every parent with a child in our public school systems should pay close attention too.

Meh, whatever, I am too happy seeing so many people so mad and miserable! Welcome to my world where everyone wants equality by intruding in my life!
edit on 8-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And the current united states of dysfunction plays right out of 1984.

Second verse.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I suspect it is me but haven't been able to locate the actual FBI document. I have read someones opinion. Does anyone
have a link ? I've searched the FBI website but was unable to locate anything. It's a huge data base.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes it does.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Hummm... How is that working out for the FBI in our recent school shootings?

Looks like it is not working despite all the spying. How many school shooting have we had since 2000?

What does the rate of school shootings have to do with your OP or it's headline being complete bunk?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join