It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Informer1958

New federal guidelines have just been introduced across the country, and what they mandate is quite disturbing to civil libertarians. The FBI has now instructed high schools across the nation to report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”

The FBI is interested in determining – as part of some warped “pre-crime” program – who might become potential future terrorists.

The FBI warns in the report that that “anarchist extremists” are no different that ISIS terrorists.

countercurrentnews.com...

Are you concerned about the FBI’s new “pre-crime” high school spying program?

Not in the least, considering it's nonexistent.

This statement:

The FBI has now instructed high schools across the nation to report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”

is a lie from beginning to end.

As a High School Teacher, I can tell you personally that the sentence begins with a lie.
Having tracked down the paper your source is talking about (can't tell if it's real, it's not on the FBI website as far as I can tell), I can absolutely verify that the second part of the sentence is also a lie.

Harte

I've read the link offered, much like you, I can not tell if it is authentic. However, the link below is from the FBI.

It offers the same information in a format particularly enticing to the targeted group. One must go through the entire

game to gather the info and it is quite a pain in the ass. When completed you get an FBI Certificate.

I wasn't able to obtain the prize, however I suspect it may read " CONGRATULATIONS Jimmy you are now a certified

informant. Feel free to RAT out your friends and Family as well as ANYONE you SUSPECT of being anti- American "

cve.fbi.gov...

When to Report Violent Extremism - I'm especially fond of the last two sentence.

Below are possible warning signs of someone planning to commit violent extremism. None of these signs alone mean a person will act. Use your common sense and consider everything you know about this person. Think about whether you have seen any sudden or suspicious changes in behavior. Maybe you have noticed something that doesn’t seem quite right or you are worried or scared about what this person is saying or doing.
Please contact someone you trust if someone you know is:

Spending a lot of time reading violent extremist information online, including in chat rooms and password-protected websites;
Using several different cell phones and private messaging apps;
Talking about traveling to places that sound suspicious;
Researching or training with weapons or explosives;
Studying or taking pictures of potential targets (like a government building);
Using code words or unusual language;
Looking for ways to disrupt computers or other technology;
Staying away from friends or family while becoming very interested in violent extremist beliefs and propaganda; and/or
Posting comments encouraging violence on social media sites or online forums.

Remember that extremist thoughts are not against the law. However, the warning signs above could mean that someone plans to commit violence. If you come across something suspicious, don’t hesitate to report it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Welcome to Orwells 1984

Or as they say in bizarro world "Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!"

Sometimes I wonder if I somehow was warped in to a alternate reality. It's things like this that have caused me to lose all hope for our species. Maybe we are just devolving and this is the byproduct of our stupidity ... Complecancy and mob rule

edit on 10-3-2016 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog

When to Report Violent Extremism - I'm especially fond of the last two sentence.

Please contact someone you trust if someone you know is:

Spending a lot of time reading violent extremist information online, including in chat rooms and password-protected websites;
Using several different cell phones and private messaging apps;

Talking about traveling to places that sound suspicious;
Researching or training with weapons or explosives;
Studying or taking pictures of potential targets (like a government building);

Using code words or unusual language;
Looking for ways to disrupt computers or other technology;
Staying away from friends or family while becoming very interested in violent extremist beliefs and propaganda; and/or
Posting comments encouraging violence on social media sites or online forums.

The bolded portions list things that are already reported normally.

I note that these are not instructions to teachers.
I also note the absence of any instruction to "...report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”"
Lastly, please note the student is instructed to report these things to "someone you trust," not to the government or the FBI. Hopefully, a teacher or a parent.

Harte
edit on 3/10/2016 by Harte because: I said so!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Except that today, when government whistleblowers see something, and then say something, they are prosecuted. John Kiriakou and Jeffrey Sterling are 2 excellent examples.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

New federal guidelines have just been introduced across the country, and what they mandate is quite disturbing to civil libertarians. The FBI has now instructed high schools across the nation to report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”

The FBI is interested in determining – as part of some warped “pre-crime” program – who might become potential future terrorists.

The FBI warns in the report that that “anarchist extremists” are no different that ISIS terrorists.

countercurrentnews.com...

Are you concerned about the FBI’s new “pre-crime” high school spying program?

When I went to school I was taught to question everything specially the government.

ummmm what?
Aside from a link to a pdf in the article - a link from "info.publicintelligence.net" - whatever or whoever that site is....where is the actual proof that the FBI is ordering teachers to report this stuff?

edit on 10-3-2016 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

It would serve you well to actually go to the link I provided. I only posted the into for teens. It also addresses
other areas for select venues of authority. But I don't suppose you have taken the effort to do so .

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

You know, this is the type of thing that creates future terrorists because it proves how corrupt and intrusive our government really is. If this can be used as a predictive tool, I'd say it's only because it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy in the end.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It would serve you well to actually go to the link I provided. I only posted the into for teens. It also addresses
other areas for select venues of authority. But I don't suppose you have taken the effort to do so .

So you've decided to completely ignore the fact that I linked the actual paper itself?

Do you suppose, then, that I commented on the content of that paper without reading it?
On what basis do you make this accusation?

Harte
edit on 3/10/2016 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

You know, this is the type of thing that creates future terrorists because it proves how corrupt and intrusive our government really is. If this can be used as a predictive tool, I'd say it's only because it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy in the end.

You know though that we must not completely lose our minds here. Many folks that have committed horrific acts ran their mouth about it. And some terms are no to be used by certain sets of radicals in their philosophy.

Whats bad is when they start including folks that talk of the constitution favorably. The term "western corruption" Is used by certain sorts of radicals hateful of the culture.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yeah because 'anarchist extremists' have been regularly blowing up buildings and hijacking planes and beheading infidels and going on mass shootings across the planet for the past 40 years in response to the U.S. government's foreign war policies?

What a joke.

Nothing is more dangerous than a corrupt western government run by people who believe their own self-righteous bullsh#. A group of anarchists (and even a group of terrorists) cannot ever hope to compete with the level of terror and disorder that the U.S. government can and has inflicted on millions of innocent lives across the planet in the past 30 years. Minorities are just not capable of the level of genocide that first-world military-industrialized nations are. So what are they so concerned about really?

The U.S. government is an inhumane treasonous institution that deserves neither the world's support nor pity. They represent the worst in mankind, and I couldn't care less what they think about me and my philosophy. At least I know that I've never hurt anybody on purpose, I've never killed anyone for my philosophy and I've never had the desire to force my ideas on others. That's a lot more than the fascists in the FBI or NSA or CIA can say about themselves.

Who's the real threat here?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This why I celebrate every instance of the FBI being one upped by other intelligence agencies. The FBI has a dangerous history of being the STRONG arm of the corruption in DC.

They have NO BUSINESS bothering people for political affiliations, literature and so on, things they have done in the past.

They educate and train so as to reduce THEIR PEOPLE into weak and lame idiots.

If thats the country they like, then fine. It shows their level of progress and WHO THEY ARE. Cheap dictator`s iron fist.

Thanks FBI. How about you target the MANY slave drivers of children being sold into sex slavery IN THE US and stop worrying about what A DEMOCRACY talks about as far as political ideology. Oh thats right, DC said to not worry about that......Wonder why?

Assholes.

I think of every instance of an average good person being sat down and intimidated by these bastards and think how great they must of felt acting from a gang mentality of strength in numbers and SUPERIORITY complexes.

ASSHOLES.

I wish I could star that post a thousand times. I hate when people, in this case the FBI, involve themselves in things they have no business being involved in.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Concerning, very very concerning.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAnarchist

Yeah because 'anarchist extremists' have been regularly blowing up buildings and hijacking planes and beheading infidels and going on mass shootings across the planet for the past 40 years in response to the U.S. government's foreign war policies?

What a joke.

Nothing is more dangerous than a corrupt western government run by people who believe their own self-righteous bullsh#. A group of anarchists (and even a group of terrorists) cannot ever hope to compete with the level of terror and disorder that the U.S. government can and has inflicted on millions of innocent lives across the planet in the past 30 years. Minorities are just not capable of the level of genocide that first-world military-industrialized nations are. So what are they so concerned about really?

The U.S. government is an inhumane treasonous institution that deserves neither the world's support nor pity. They represent the worst in mankind, and I couldn't care less what they think about me and my philosophy. At least I know that I've never hurt anybody on purpose, I've never killed anyone for my philosophy and I've never had the desire to force my ideas on others. That's a lot more than the fascists in the FBI or NSA or CIA can say about themselves.

Who's the real threat here?

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Oh, I'm not losing my mind at all, I was speaking in the more broad sense that this is the type of thing that sparks radicalism in those prone to being radicals (and violent, which in my opinion is what a terrorist is--a violent radical).

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The source for this is questionable at best. I am a veteran teacher of 18 years and know nothing of this. This sounds and looks like cheap propaganda to me...but hey...if you want to believe that's your business.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neOrevolutionist

The source for this is questionable at best. I am a veteran teacher of 18 years and know nothing of this. This sounds and looks like cheap propaganda to me...but hey...if you want to believe that's your business.

The official PDF document has been shared.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What is the penalty for being put on a list?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

So you've decided to completely ignore the fact that I linked the actual paper itself?

Do you suppose, then, that I commented on the content of that paper without reading it?
On what basis do you make this accusation?

Harte

To the best of my knowledge three links have been posted. The one you ORIGINALLY referenced is this one. info.publicintelligence.net... You'll notice it is not the actual
FBI site.

The second link is here countercurrentnews.com...
This is also not the FBI website.

The originating source for both links is here cve.fbi.gov... The actual FBI site. I encouraged you to go through
the game provided on said site, which apparently you haven't done. Within said game, it goes well beyond telling a trusted authority
figure.

The last recourse ( subjective, dependent upon the sensitivity of the listener ) on each level of the game involves contacting local Law Enforcement including Tribal Police and the FBI.

I hope that assists with any confusion. As I stated earlier, one MUST go through the entire Game to view the content I mentioned.

For a gamer I assume it is a fairly easy task. I found it to be a huge pain in the ass. Ask one of your students to go through said game. Or
if you'd care to waste thirty min. give it a go.

edit on 15-3-2016 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The "Federal" Bureau of Investigation is the key word. The FBI only investigates crimes "against" the federal government, not crimes "by" the federal government. If they actually investigated the crimes by the government and their cronies, how many politicians, bureaucrats and crony capitalists would be in jail?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I've been targeted by them before and they are no joke, man. Though I didn't break the law, they still ruined my relationship with my gf, still suggested that I was doing something illegal when I was simply associating with people I shouldn't have been, admittedly. Having bad people as friends isn't illegal though.
Watch what you say. You don't want that kind of attention.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join