It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy International Women's Day! How you could you help Gender equality in your life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thank-you for explaining to me this gender neutrality thing.I am
very happy that everything is all rosey in your world.
I am married to a male chauvinist who believes that women should
shut-up and get back into the kitchen.Which is exactly what I have
to do now because I have to cook dinner.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am married to a male chauvinist who believes that women should
shut-up and get back into the kitchen.Which is exactly what I have
to do now because I have to cook dinner.

Does that please you?
...just curious.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

What do you think you could do to support gender neutrality in your workplace or home life?

Well...let's make EVERY DAY a non-a$$hole day, where billionare a§§whores are not allowed to talk, other than to mount everest, while sitting in a cave somewhere for the rest of their lives. Just to get them to know what human decency is all about.

That's MY take on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I don't know any billionare's but I've got a couple of multi millionare friends....are they all #'s now?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't know any billionare's but I've got a couple of multi millionare friends....are they all #'s now?

With multi-millionares I could assume they may need it for something that benefits all true real humanity (and the other mammalian and non-mammalian species, who work hard to keep up a good spirit). But being a billionare is just too much sissyness and cowardness to be considered as beneficial for anybody but themselfs.

They are like messies, like horders, who don't know what to do with their seeming wealth, other than having it. And how comes they have that much wealth anyway? Certainly not because of being nice, friendly and caring humanists. That much I do know about billionares, although I don't know any one of them personally...lucky me!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A couple days I think
a reply to: theboarman

Wow..This is why I'm against feminism.
www.bustle.com...

edit on 8-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh get over yourself ffs

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh get over yourself ffs

How???

Please show me the way, oh dear Grainofsand!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh get over yourself ffs

And for the sake of being off-topic, I just want to add: I never laughed about Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up comedy...ever! He's just not funny. I can't help it.

I guess that's because I'm a member of the cult: I-think-Eddy-Izzard-is-funny-as-hell.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All right, guys. I don't need a speshul day because "tatas & uterus, wee!"

Today's the same as yesterday, will be the same as tomorrow. Treat others as you desire to be treated yourself. Except the closet sexists who keep sexism going with exclusionary gender-centric crap. Not saying treat them badly, but pointing out irony/mild mocking is fair game. They still need some time to get with the equality idea.
edit on 3/8/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

What do you think you could do to support gender neutrality in your workplace or home life?

Check White Male Privileges.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Treat others as you desire to be treated yourself.

What If I'm a (clsoset) masochist?

Not saying treat them badly, but pointing out irony/mild mocking is fair game. They still need some time to get with the equality idea.

How many more centuries do they need? Just give me a number so I can adjust myself to it.

edit on 8-3-2016 by Willingly because: Booby Brown goes down...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Check White Male Privileges.

Done that. What about checking out rich-man privileges?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Maybe sometime you two can have a sit-down. Perhaps you two can negotiate between you for the things that each of you hold dear. I hope that for you.

I regret if my post came off as self-satisfied. That was not my intention.

All best.

ETA: My Darlin' cooks only when I am sick. I am the cook of the house. I'm a good cook. She does the laundry, which I hate doing. It was a negotiation.
edit on 8/3/16 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My Darlin' cooks only when I am sick. I am the cook of the house. I'm a good cook. She does the laundry, which I hate doing. It was a negotiation.

My mother, after my dad died, got herself a boyfriend, with whom she lives together now. The both of them have typical male/female things going on. I could write novels about it. He, my step-dad, is responsible for all things regarding her car and he is her servant when they work in the garden. He does what she tells him. And she cooks for him stuff only he likes to eat in return.

A few days ago my mother asked me to come along because she wants me to paint her living-room, together with her boy-friend. She wants me to do the corners and the detail-work, because she wants it to be painted in two colours and I do it free-hand, 'cause I'm an artist. My step-father said, so she told me, "You don't need to get HER to do that, Honey! I can do that too!" But my mom said, "No! You don't do the way I want it to be done! I call my oldest daughter, because she does it the way I want it to be done! Don't pretend as if you know how to properly paint a wall on the egdes like a boss, Babe."

I look forward to paint the wall like a boss....at the edges only...of course....it's gonna be fun...seriously...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I get that. Your Mom and BF have defined their roles. They are "traditional" roles and they're mostly comfortable with them.

You are great at cut-in when painting. There's no gender to it -- you rock at cut-in. You know how to dip the brush and make the fibers slim and draw a paint-loaded line. The best painters I have known on the island I live on are women. I think it's about control. I am also good at cut-in. I don't drink coffee. I don't tremble.

Your Mom's boyfriend -- perhaps -- wants to do the job, because he wants to be The Man. Your Mom knows you can do the job the way she wants. No worries, but what you are dealing with -- if I may -- are gender archetypes. The older generation had clearer lines as to which gender did which jobs; a division of labor that probably has roots in our ancient Neandertal ancestors and since then. Still, your Mom is stand up. She KNOWS you can do the job. She doesn't GIVE a crap about roles right now. She wants a good paint job.

Go do it. If nothing else, it will school Mom's boyfriend that his paradigms about construction tasks need modification.

Goodonya!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

If nothing else, it will school Mom's boyfriend that his paradigms about construction tasks need modification.

I don't want to streach the gender-role isssue here too much, but I have to tell one more story about my mother's boyfriend. Both of them, my mother and him, are retired now. So they have lot's of time to spend with stuff I consider as ...well...what elderly couples, who do have lots of energy left, do.

Lately my step-dad asked me if he can drive my scooter, because I don't drive it anymore because I go by feet and gasoline is too expensive I think, therefore I parked it in my mothers/step-dad's garage for quite a while. So...he asked me if he can drive it, and I said, "of course. No problem." First thing he needed was a helmet. I have two helmets. My one and a second one. My Mom told me he her boyfriend is going to buy himself a helmet, because he thinks MY helmets are...well..kind of non-fitting-uncool, so she said, that he said.

Af few weeks later, I asked her if he got himself a new helmet, and she said, "No. Guess what, Daughter, he used your helmet, that one he thought is uncool and does not fit him well, but his friend, who also drives a scooter told him that your helmet is a ..... helmet. And now he wears it. Because Sergey told him that's a cool brand-helmet."

Annndddd...as I asked her, my mother, we have a jour-fix where we only meet each other, if he, her boyfriend did ride my bike on a free-way, just to blow it free from standing in the garage for too long, she said, "no, he complains that your bike is not running properly." And I told her to tell him to ride the bike on a free-way at maximum speed for some time to blow it free. Yadda-yadda-yadda...she told him to do that and what happend? He finally did it and now that bike runs like a good nurtured baby. But it took a while and Sergey told him to do the same thing.

My step-dad is some kind of a ....but in the very end...if nothing else works, he does what he's been told.

edit on 8-3-2016 by Willingly because: Shalom! And good onja too!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I have to admit that my husband does help with our fur babies.
When I am sick he washes the dishes and will do a load of laundry.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

That's a crock. Men and women have equal value, but we are not equal. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

What are we not equal in? other than pay, and in some countries rights, job opportunities and education.
edit on 9/3/2016 by MrsNonSpecific because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join