It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy International Women's Day! How you could you help Gender equality in your life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
Everyone get neutered!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: ugmold
Everyone get neutered!

I wouldn't mind now, I don't want a baby at this point in my life, couldn't think of anything worse!
...I keep saying to myself I should be snipped, just last mate who got done had a nightmare and I'm scared to be honest lol

*Edit*
I saw it with my own eyes...horrible was not the word.
edit on 8.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Maybe we should all wear Tabbards.

Everyone has no shape in one of those, and you could still wear a tie if you wanted.

But on a side note, I do like saying 'Tabbard' in a northern accent.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Oh no I was kidding...I still need to find the girl I'll propose to and have two daughters and a son...

Wait, you saw the "Snipping"? I'm not certain how it works, but I'd never want that.

edit on 8-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Wait, you saw the "Snipping"? I'm not certain how it works, but I'd never want that.

Ah no, I saw the swollen infected 'area' afterwards. Proper put me off even though everyone else said it was easy street for them.

On-topic
As a bloke who doesn't want any more children it is my opinion that it would be socially responsible for me to get snipped, especially as the equivalent sterilisation surgery is so much more invasive and dangerous for women.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Agreed.

Had the same conversation a couple of months ago, I also don't want to pump my body with hormones for the rest of my life.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Gender neutrality,that's a good one! I suppose now that some weirdo in a lab
is going to find a way for babies to be born without either a penis or vagina,
just a neutral hole to pee through.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Cloning
Or by cells in a plate. Some sciency method.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's not about biological sexual neutrality. This is gender, which is actually your psychological sex, not biological.

How could you become more consciously aware of your gender bias, if any, and how would you "fix" it if you wanted to?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
How could you become more consciously aware of your gender bias, if any, and how would you "fix" it if you wanted to?

I've looked pretty in sparkly dresses at festivals before now...I still looked like a bloke in a dress though.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I have to inform you that I am not politically correct.I have been born female
and have been told that I think like a man.I am still a female,wear skirts and
dresses and love high heels,even though I can't wear them.
This gender thing has gotten to the point where someone could possibly face
jail time if they call someone a He or She and that He wants to be called a She or
vice versa.So,we have this thing called purple penguins.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I have to inform you that I am not politically correct.I have been born female
and have been told that I think like a man.I am still a female,wear skirts and
dresses and love high heels,even though I can't wear them.
jail time if they call someone a He or She and that He wants to be called a She or
vice versa.So,we have this thing called purple penguins.

That has nothing to do with her question. It's just you ranting about non-gender binary people.

She was asking you about gender bias.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

vice versa

I think you are being a little exaggerated to what i perceive in the world, but if you feel it is, OK. So how would you stop gender sensitivity becoming out of control to the extent which you seem to think has already occurred? What actions are you going to take?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay,gender bias...equal pay for equal work,everyone wears pants and you get to choose
which bathroom you like to use.
I am a stay-at-home housewife and have been for over 14 years that might explain the
problems I am having with this gender neutrality stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Since I shuffle paper all over the place in support of my Darlin's business, I don't know how I could support more gender equality. She and I are equal in our relationship -- we make important decisions together and each of us negotiates with the other for the fulfillment of our needs.

I work for myself. She also supports my efforts. It's a crazy deal that somehow works.

I believe that women and men are equal in the ways that matter. There are inequities in the workforce still that will hopefully be addressed by our mutual evolution.

If a person does the job, they should get the pay regardless of their gender. If a person wants a job that requires lifting weights, they had better be heavy work. If a person wants a job that requires digital dexterity, they should posess those skills. If a person wants a job that requires mental acuity or creativity, their gender should not place them higher or lower in the pecking order.
edit on 8/3/16 by argentus because: paragraphs, dude, paragraphs they're a good thing

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Okay,gender bias...equal pay for equal work,everyone wears pants and you get to choose
which bathroom you like to use.
I am a stay-at-home housewife and have been for over 14 years that might explain the
problems I am having with this gender neutrality stuff.

Actually, it explains why you don't have any problems with it.

I wouldn't consider being annoyed with it as a "problem". There are people who have actual problems with it and that is why it is discussed.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

That sounds lovely, working with your darlin'

*Edit*
I also love that darlin' is gender neutral so we can still say it.
edit on 8.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My problem with this issue is understanding "what the heck are we talking about?"

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My problem with this issue is understanding "what the heck are we talking about?"

Oh come on now, you have made your position clear in previous posts elsewhere on ATS, don't you agree?
edit on 8.3.2016 by grainofsand because: Added 'elsewhere on ATS' for clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
where is mens day?that would be true equality
edit on 8-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join