It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with STO and SWTOR... Still!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So, I ceased playing SWTOR last summer because of an issue with the never ending launcher update. At the time, after many hours of trying numerous fixes, I gave up. Last week, I thought I would try it again. Upon opening the launcher, the game started to patch... and then started to re-install the game. Once the game was installed, I proceeded to play... It crashed about 15 minutes in. I clicked the launcher, and the issue I experience from last summer occurred... The never ending launcher update.... I uninstalled/re-installed the game multiple times, to no avail.
That was last week. This week, I thought I would try it again, because I'm a sucker for punishment.... It worked!!! So, I clicked the play button.... NOTHING. When I tried again, the game started re-installing at the 90% position.... So, the gist of all this is.... WTF!!! Are any of you folks playing this..... game!? If so, are you having these fun little issues that make this experience so bloody memorable???

As for Star Trek Online (STO), that one just keeps disconnecting... That's when I can actually get the game to load up. Are there any fixes for these issues?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As someone who played ST:O your best bet is just to not play it. They are very bad at fixing problems and when I left last year I think it was...they had been complete jerks to the player base.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Yeah, I have to agree with you. They have given me no assistance what-so-ever... As for bio-ware, I feel I should be billing them for doing their job...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 001ggg100

I've long since stopped considering SWTOR a BioWare game. It's just a sub-par EA game, using BioWare's wonderful name.

In saying that though, I rather enjoy SWTOR
Loved it more when it was subscription only, and when it actually had Oceanic servers, but it's always been fine for my partner and I. Excepting a few hiccups at launch like all games have. Not playing at the moment simply because I'm waiting for all of this expansion's chapters to be released first, bugger being subbed for months on end for a half hour chapter at a time, we can wait patiently for August/September when the expansion is done.

But yeah, never had these issues that you speak of. And I've played on two different desktops and a laptop.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At the risk of repeating what you may already have done, have you tried a de-install/re-install?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i am not having any of those problems, and still play SWTOR about every weekend. Sto works fine also.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I have several times now... I'm currently in the process of installing it for the 4th time. Wish me luck.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Care to post your PC specs? That might help some folk help you start to narrow down the problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I had the same issue...i dont even know how the game is because i never got to play it.
I was furious about the game not working. so much so that after a week of messing around and it not working i just gave up on it and dragged out my old xbox to play SW TKOTOR 1 and 2 all over again.
Now i just play SW battlefront on the Xbone when i need a SW's fix

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It never hurts to ask because I had that issue with a game once and I had to go that far which was a royal pain, but it worked.

There is also the old are your drivers up to date question too.

I had DA:I crashing reliably at one spot until I updated my drivers. I was about to chuck my brand new PC through a window ...

new topics

top topics

join