It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diary of someone who don't think ignorance should simply be denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dear Diary,

lately I joined a forum that has the motto: Deny Ignorance. I think simply stating, "deny ignornace" is missleading.

Ignorance should be educated. Ignorance should be cured. Ignorance should be cast away. Ignorance should be turned into knowledge. Ignorance should be overcome. Ignorance should be acknowledged and then delivered from itself....etc.

Simply denying ignorance can mean to pretend it does not exist. It can mean ignorance shouldn't be acknowledged. I could mean ignorance should be declaired as untrue.

Unfortunately ignorance does exist...somehow. And therefore should not be denied.

Somtimes a simple motto is just too simple to not be missunderstood.

Sorry, I'm a Besserwisser, I know.

Good night.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I think this was more of a rant than a short story.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

I think this was more of a rant than a short story.

That's what a diary is good for. It's the perfect place to rant into...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I feel this must be a trick.... first of all.... it should be someone who DOESN'T think ignorance should simply be denied, not someone who DON'T think ignorance should simply be denied. As this itself is ignorant..... and apparently embraced, and posted.... it feels a bit Catch 22-ish.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
Dear Diary,

lately I joined a forum that has the motto: Deny Ignorance. I think simply stating, "deny ignornace" is missleading.

Ignorance should be educated. Ignorance should be cured. Ignorance should be cast away. Ignorance should be turned into knowledge. Ignorance should be overcome. Ignorance should be acknowledged and then delivered from itself....etc.

Simply denying ignorance can mean to pretend it does not exist. It can mean ignorance shouldn't be acknowledged. I could mean ignorance should be declaired as untrue.

Unfortunately ignorance does exist...somehow. And therefore should not be denied.

Somtimes a simple motto is just too simple to not be missunderstood.

Sorry, I'm a Besserwisser, I know.

Good night.

Well, a good place to start would be to use proper grammar in your title.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

I feel this must be a trick.... first of all.... it should be someone who DOESN'T think ignorance should simply be denied, not someone who DON'T think ignorance should simply be denied. As this itself is ignorant..... and apparently embraced, and posted.... it feels a bit Catch 22-ish.

I'm not a native english speaker. So what was the rule for using "doesn't" instead of "don't"? Can you please tell me? (He/she doesn't, but it don't?) Thanks in advance for lecturing me.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

How many languages are you able to express yourself through by speaking and writing them accurately? I hope more than one, else your comment is just arrogant.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly

How many languages are you able to express yourself through by speaking and writing them accurately? I hope more than one, else your comment is just arrogant.

Well..that was my first thought. English isn't his first language. ..but then your whole post sounded like you spoke English just fine.

So. I'm sticking to what I said. Sorry if I'm wrong but you seem to express yourself in English just fine.

And yes I can speak and write in English, French and Arabic.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sorry if I'm wrong but you seem to express yourself in English just fine.

Ohhh...thanks. Maybe that's because I listened to Bill Hicks a lot.

And yes I can speak and write in English, French and Arabic.

Then...you're much less arrogant than I thought you might be. I prefer to be gramma-policed by someone who is at least bi-lingual. Don't ask me why.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Like I said, it seemed like a trick. It was on me though, in some ways. You don't speak English as a first language and made a mistake. No big deal though had that been mentioned it would have helped. English is difficult as a second language with so many rules and not rules and exceptions to the rules.... though it is also difficult as a first language for many as well. Which is where I found the irony. So, apologies.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

English is difficult as a second language with so many rules and not rules and exceptions to the rules.... though it is also difficult as a first language for many as well. Which is where I found the irony.

Try to learn the german language and you'll know how much less complicated it is to learn english. I like the english language very much. I grew up with listening to soul/jazz/blues/rock songs because my father loved those kind of music. Maybe that's why my english is a little bit messed up grammatically.

Which is where I found the irony. So, apologies.

No problem. De nada. Da nich für...like we northern germans use to say.

new topics

top topics

join