It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ron Paul have won the GOP nomination this year (2016)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Blueracer

Not if Rand couldn't. Rand is like Ron without a lot of the loony.

The "loony" factor is what Republicans are craving this election. Drumpf wouldn't have been popular last election for the same reason Ron Paul didn't succeed: conservatives weren't desperate enough to look beyond the status quo that Mittens provided for them.

This election is different. Conservatives are more angry and scared than they normally get and Drumpf is feeding them. Ron Paul would have had far more success this term.

I would love to see the two debate, though.

c'mon....conservatives are scared????.....they control the entire congress!!......scared of what?, their own shadow?....maybe they are scared that if they maintain control of the congress for this long, people will realize it's not the POTUS, but republicans in the congress that can't get their act together.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not if Rand couldn't. Rand is like Ron without a lot of the loony.

The "loony" factor is what Republicans are craving this election. Drumpf wouldn't have been popular last election for the same reason Ron Paul didn't succeed: conservatives weren't desperate enough to look beyond the status quo that Mittens provided for them.

This election is different. Conservatives are more angry and scared than they normally get and Drumpf is feeding them. Ron Paul would have had far more success this term.

I would love to see the two debate, though.

c'mon....conservatives are scared????.....they control the entire congress!!......scared of what?, their own shadow?....maybe they are scared that if they maintain control of the congress for this long, people will realize it's not the POTUS, but republicans in the congress that can't get their act together.

Well, yeah. Take a trip to FOX news land and you can see what they frighten themselves with.

I never said the fear was justified.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I absolutely believe that he could.

A lot of people have woken up throughout the past 8 years, it is a slow process but is happening nonetheless.

I was and am a huge supporter of all the Ron Paul does and in this election the vote for Sanders is painfully obvious.

We will either have Sanders of Hilldog.

Trump is a sideshow who kicks it with the Clintons.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul would have gotten my vote in pretty much any election. Having said that, he wouldn't have pushed the right buttons. Part of the reason people are flocking to Trump is that he's giving it to people. Ron Paul is way more passive. I think that's a very good thing in comparison, but I don't think it plays to the public or hits the same nerves that Trump is managing to. He's not combative. At all. RP is sadly too smart, almost professorial, to have mass appeal, imo.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What is your preffered policy? bombing brown people? funding every other countries defense?

Ron would have done better than Rand for sure.

Ron had some fight in him. Rand is more a lecturer and speaker, He is a good base for other libertarian repubs to hold on to and grow out of. But rand is not a fighter.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is that a rhetorical question?

I'll assume it's not, so here's my answer:

Absolutely not. The stupid people keep multiplying.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A lot of the anger people have with the GOP started in 2012 and the way they appeared to try and shut out Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No. Even ignoring the fact that the GOP have done everything in their power to label him as crazy, he is a perennial loser when it comes to presidential elections. Trump would have jumped all over that. It would have just given him another chance to point out that he's a winner. And his supporters would eat it up.

Besides, just look at how the other more rational candidates have faired at the debates. They barely get a word in while the Three Stooges compare dick sizes. Can you really see Paul thriving in such an environment?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul would have schooled Trump in the debates.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join