It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA study shows worst drought in 900 years may be behind Middle East upheaval: Refugee Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As conspiracy goes with global warming and the huge "trojan horse" conspiracy as professed by Mr. Trump...NASA is coming up with its own reasoning behind the Syrian refugee crisis...and it has nothing to do with war....well, sort of.

Here is the article I found...if you think NASA is losing its mind or trying to soften to migration crisis by using man made climate change as an excuse for this social issue, let your thoughts be heard.

NASA study shows worst drought in 900 years may be behind Middle East upheaval
www.news.com.au... /82b533fc713ba2b743310caaadce7e2e

THE incredibly complex chaos of Islamic State and the upheavals of Syria and Iraq may have a very simple cause: The region’s worst drought in 900 years.

A NASA study published in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres shows the Middle East is in the grip of a mega-drought that began in 1998. It has taken hold in Cyprus, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey.
The water shortage has been taking a steadily increasing toll on farmers and the region’s ecology, with crop failures, dust storms and record-breaking heat now an annual event.

But the true extent of the drought is only now becoming clear.

“The range of how extreme wet or dry periods were is quite broad, but the recent drought in the Levant region stands out as about 50 per cent drier than the driest period in the past 500 years, and 10 to 20 per cent drier than the worst drought of the past 900 years,” a NASA statement reads.

The flood of refugees out of the Middle East and into Europe is a natural consequence of the conditions, the study infers.

Historically, when there is drought in the Eastern Mediterranean, there is no escape to the west. Both ends tend to suffer at the same time. Which generates cause for conflict.

The NASA research shows that this time, however, the drought is different. Its behaviour does not match the patterns clearly established over the past thousand of years.

“The Mediterranean is one of the areas that is unanimously projected as going to dry in the future [due to man-made climate change],” climate scientist Yochanan Kushnir states in the NASA release.

NASA's Statement

I personally find this both true but at the same time there are a lot of variables to consider: political, religious, radical, climate, economic, warfare, violence, etc...

So swing which ever direction you want, but drought is certainly a part of the circle of events leading to this influx of refugees all over the EU and North America.

edit on 8-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: added statement

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In March 1989, there was a solar storm that took out the USA power grid. In the UK around midnight we saw a green glowing + shape towards the West. Then there was the fall of the Berlin wall six months later.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

And your point being...?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Certainly climate change will have an effect on migration for all life forms, including human. Terrain which is more desirable will be populated by those whose lands are becoming uninhabitable.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i personally don't believe in man made global warming.

oops forgot its climate change now.
edit on 8-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: stormcell

And your point being...?

I thought there was a correlation between a solar flare and the population becoming restless six months later.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
i personally don't believe in man made global warming.

second line.

It doesn't matter whether they are putting CO2 into the air or not, they are expanding the size of cities and these create a heat-island effect. Then the rivers are being sucked dry to irrigate crops. The water evaporates and is gone.

They need to build more reservoirs to create micro-climates. The Indians did this before the British came.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow I bet chem trails have a little to do with the weather.

new topics

top topics

join