It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Hitler comparison 'ridiculous.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Which it is, in all fairness.

Washington Examiner
apple.news...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)
Trump says Hitler comparison 'ridiculous'

Donald Trump on Tuesday morning dismissed his critics who say he's invoking Adolf Hitler by asking people at his rallies to raise their hands and pledge to vote for him.

"I don't know about the Hitler comparison, I hadn't heard that, but it's a terrible comparison," Trump said on Good Morning America. "I'm not happy about that, certainly. I don't want that comparison."

Ad Hitlerum, Ad Nauseum it seems in the last couple of months.

There are plenty of reasons for people not to support Trump.
If you so choose.

To go with the Hitler angle is a slight sign of desperation, in my humble opinion.

What are your thoughts ATS?
Is he genuine in is rhetoric of being distanced from the disgusting Despot.

Is he just playing the audience, as he is so good at, and as he said he does in his books?

Be nice.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Progressive debating technique 101: If you can't be your opponent with facts and logic, just call them racist or Hitler.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Progressive debating technique 101: If you can't be your opponent with facts and logic, just call them racist or Hitler.

And what of all the conservatives that call Trump fascist and Hitler?

That's conservative technique 100

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I hadn't heard that

He always says this, its like a knee jerk reaction.....

He says this even AFTER hes made statements even just days earlier about whatever the subject is....

But CLEARLY hes heard it, just like he had heard the issue with his "hands" because a decade ago he use to send pictures of his hands outlined in gold sharpie to someone who once insulted him

The guy has freaking mental problems people.......

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Funny coming from Trump supporters......

Because Trumps technique is almost identical , by making fun of them physically

Oh the irony

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Its funny how much they attack him defiantly shows how afraid they are. Its funny how people soak it all up without understanding anything about anything. "The news said it, so it must be true, because i don't know how to think for my self." poop

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The fact that it's so "taboo" to compare him shows how desperate people are to continue to support him.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, studies ducks...

Republicans have been calling Obama all sorts of names for almost 8 years, I really don't see the problem. How many memes have I seen floating around with Obama or some other Democrat photo-shopped as some kind of Hitler?

Which is kind of ironic...Obama is far less like Hitler than Trump, but once again human psychology 101 comes into play.

Project your own insecurities and fears onto those around you...in order to distract people from the truth you know to be true and wish to hide/feel ashamed of. It's called "projection" and it's a fairly well understood psychological term.

I wish instead of "Make America great again" we could "Make America smarter again". This anti-intellectual push is going to be the death knell for America.
edit on 8-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

Its funny how much they attack him defiantly shows how afraid they are. Its funny how people soak it all up without understanding anything about anything. "The news said it, so it must be true, because i don't know how to think for my self." poop

Funny I think his supporters are the ones who dont "know anything about anything" because they refuse to see who this person is, even when he talks down to them to their face......

No seriously, the man talks about sleeping with his own daughter, his conquests with other women even when he was married, buying off politicians , KILLING the families of terrorists (which people love until theyre the ones wearing the label), calling his supporters lemmings.......

I mean I can go on.........

And yet people who DONT like Trump are the blind ones? REALLY?!

edit on 3/8/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
People dint believe what Hitler was doing until the soldiers found the concentration camps themselves

Some people today still don't believe it, I do see similarities in the hate speech, both blame a minority and promised to make their country great again, both promised deportations, Hitler wanted labeled Jews, trump want to label Muslims.

Only time will tell if they are similar or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I'd like to leave this recent SNL sketch right here.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters"
"I love the poorly educated"

It's a sad, pathetic irony to see Trump supporters mindlessly support Trump even as he repeatedly exposes them for their mindless support.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I did read yesterday that he had a copy of Mein Kampf and when told by a journalist that it's a collection of Hitler's speeches etc, he said he would never read it...

As if people don't know what Mein Kampf is prior to being given a copy as a gift.

That was worth a laugh.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Trump clearly models a lot of his campaign around Hitler whom he is known to have kept books of speeches at bedside. Does that mean he shares those same beliefs? He changes what he claims to believe on a regular basis but, it is doubtful he is some full on hate monger. The over the top non stop lying, his bombastic nature, blaming minorities for all the nations problems, rants and personal insults against those that do not agree etc. The imagery and rhetoric is very Hitler like. Although Trump more likely sees this as an effective form of running for office since his target audience is the uneducated lower classes. When those people are your target facts and details are not near as effective as loud rhetoric that blames others for your problems.

So yes it is easy to see why Trump gets the Hitler comparisons, he has modeled a lot of his campaign to mimic the guy. Is he Hitler reborn? Not likely. Trumps says what people wants to hear but, his history and pre political life shows us he liberal and a clear part of the establishment. Neither are things Hitler could be accused of.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

you just said what the new york times article from 1922 said about hitler

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Except....Trump didn't kill 6 million Jews in Concentration Camps.

I am sitting like a Jack in the Box waiting for the first Anti-Christ reference.

It's coming, seemingly normal people are losing their minds.

Trump won't win...But, I sure as hell hope that DC gets the message.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

And what of all the conservatives that call Trump fascist and Hitler?

That's conservative technique 100

You mean the establishment shills who saw their grand plan for Jeb Bush go down in flames right before their very eyes?

I speak from experience. I get called racist all the time, until I reveal I am black. Then of course, since the race card didn't work, they pull out the Uncle Tom or Clayton Bigsby taunt never once debating substance of my position.

Funny thing is, I live in a super liberal area and have lost count of the times I've seen the supposedly above the frey liberals calling Bush or any other conservative Hitler. It is par for the course. Hell, at a restaurant I frequent, they have a headshot of GWB with the little hitler stash right above the cash register.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

He shouldn't have to defend himself from the 'Hitler' comparison. Frankly, it is ridiculous and anyone that believes it is a moron. The MSM, Democrats and Republicans don't like this guy, but if you actually LISTEN to him instead of what the MSM tells you that he said you will see there is a serious disparity. I realize this guy isn't a great candidate and I am not even sure I will vote for him, but compared to Hilary the guy is a saint.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Except....Trump didn't kill 6 million Jews in Concentration Camps.

I am sitting like a Jack in the Box waiting for the first Anti-Christ reference.

It's coming, seemingly normal people are losing their minds.

Trump won't win...But, I sure as hell hope that DC gets the message.

And Hitler hadn't killed 6 million Jews before he was put in charge of Germany, either. No one saw what was coming in Germany, and it appears the same thing is happening right NOW in America to some degree.

Some of us try to learn from history....but we always seem to get shouted down by the mob.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I remember when Obama was running and you had all the sheeple crying, fainting, and having orgasms over him like he was the second coming of Christ. Good ole Chris Matthews nutting on himself with his tingle up his leg on national television.

I have a family friend who literally told me Obama was sent from God. WTF? Then again, Jaime Foxx proclaiming Obama is our "Lord and Savior".

I'm thinking to myself that Obama was like Jim Jones and just waiting on the Kool-aid to be passed around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join