It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

The Muslim religion should not be confused with the Christian religion. These two religions are like comparing Satanism to Christianity. Muslims worship a different God than Christianity, theirs is Allah and they are not waiting on the return of Jesus but the return of a different one that Christians consider the false profit which is spoken of many times in the Bible.

The answers you seek is out there but I do not believe it is of the (true)Christian faith that you "obviously" blame.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Correct, the true Christian faith as Jesus preached is wonderful, but I believe it has been twisted and changed so much to control the masses over history that I believe it lost to some.

And the new breed of "Christian" that has derived is more evil than good.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Now that I do understand in regards to your comment to me above. OK. I thinking just rephrasing the chipping away analogy would be better understood.

I don't think many are worried at all. Part of our beliefs is acceptance, tolerance and conviction with our faith.

We know the world is ever changing...but we accept that....

Thanks very much! MS

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The fact that you single out Christians should prove your point. What religion gets more blow-back? Seriously? Is it the one cutting off heads, burning people alive? Raping and pouring acid on women? Nope! You just say, "well, let's lets not rush to judgement over Islam because those offenders aren't REAL Muslims!" The same can't be said for Christianity, which is often the subject of ridicule and slander. Personally, I feel anyone that criticizes Christianity is a coward... so that includes you. What do you have to lose by condemning Christians? Absolutely nothing. Go ahead, draw a cartoon of Christ and see what happens. Nothing. So, why do people of faith feel like their worldview is threatened? Because people like you can condemn them without the slightest repercussion. Seriously, how unbelievably dim are you? If I constantly ridiculed your beliefs and there was literally nothing you could do about it, how would you feel?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So what if they don't accept that everyone has the same rights? They hold some things sacred and you seem to suggest that they should just let that go so whoever else can feel better about themselves? That's some true insecurity right there. Why does their approval matter to you? The government shouldn't have any say in marriage in the first place. It has deep religious significance to many faiths.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Do you also hate how some black people commit violent crimes? Do you hate how some muslims rape children? One would imagine those are more pressing issue than whether or not someone's feeling are hurt for being called a bad person... but you wouldn't dare say those things because you'd be labeled a bigot, right? Man, I get so heated with blowhard bigot cowards. These pretzels are making me thirsty!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

lol, I think we found one..

why don't you be more like mysterioustranger

once you have found your faith and spirituality, nothing (not even myself) can take that away.

lOoks like you have some work to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Personally, I feel anyone that criticizes Christianity is a coward... so that includes you. What do you have to lose by condemning Christians? Absolutely nothing. Go ahead, draw a cartoon of Christ and see what happens. Nothing. So, why do people of faith feel like their worldview is threatened? Because people like you can condemn them without the slightest repercussion. Seriously, how unbelievably dim are you? If I constantly ridiculed your beliefs and there was literally nothing you could do about it, how would you feel?

You mean like Christianity has condemned the whole world for not being like them, with little in the way of repercussions, except what they brought on themselves, by murdering cultures and peoples across the world in the name of Jesus for centuries? Yet Christianity hides behind a facade of compassion and love, while at the same time breathing threats of hell-fire, damnation, and god's wrathful judgement on anyone who doesn't believe in the Christian god. Hypocrisy!

edit on 3/8/2016 by Klassified because: edit

edit on 3/8/2016 by Klassified because: ? not .

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Kinda like the atheist politics of communism and Stalin, Mao, PolPot and the hundreds of millions murdered because humanity are just animals, nothing more than roaches that need to be exterminated for a non religious utopia, yawn

Why do some atheists feel so threatened, and when I say atheists I mean "atheist"

You argument is running on fumes Klass, it's bored and tired and it has no other intention than to incite anger and hatred

Your chosen faith is no better

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Atheist have no reason to be threatened, it's humorous that you play with the idea

Also, facts do not "run out and get old" EVER

edit on 8-3-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join